Weather

User avatar
Büge
Posts: 3154
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Re: Weather

Postby Büge » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:48 am

After several days of being hot and summery, the weather took a nosedive on Saturday. Today it's 12 degrees celsius and rainy.

If this keeps up, I'll have to put on a sweater.
Image

User avatar
Thad
Posts: 6852
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:05 am
Location: 1611 Uranus Avenue
Contact:

Re: Weather

Postby Thad » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:19 pm

Next Sunday's forecast appears to have been revised down from 115 to 105, so...good?

User avatar
TA
Posts: 1943
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: Weather

Postby TA » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:13 pm

And we're getting a hurricane.
Image

User avatar
Thad
Posts: 6852
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:05 am
Location: 1611 Uranus Avenue
Contact:

Re: Weather

Postby Thad » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:43 am

Yikes.

Good luck; stay safe.

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 12681
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Weather

Postby Mongrel » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:29 am

I know it's wrong and dangerous to spread hoaxes during a natural disaster, but...

Image
Image

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 12681
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Weather

Postby Mongrel » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:43 pm

Image

This is... a pretty good way of describing it, actually.
Image

Kfroog
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:09 am

Re: Weather

Postby Kfroog » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:11 am

Should they add a "through somebody's window" level to the bottom of that?

User avatar
mharr
Posts: 638
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:54 am
Location: UK

Re: Weather

Postby mharr » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:04 am

British words and phrases for rain: https://www.samesamebutdifferent.site/2 ... words-rain

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 12681
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Weather

Postby Mongrel » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:22 pm

mharr wrote:British words and phrases for rain: https://www.samesamebutdifferent.site/2 ... words-rain

"Did you know that the British people have 100 different words for rain?"
Image

User avatar
Lyrai
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: Weather

Postby Lyrai » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:24 pm

The weather is wintertime, which means one thing: Dirty Santa

Last call for Dirty Santa. Send me your details in the next hour and a half or you're not in.

User avatar
Yoji
Posts: 840
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:12 pm
Location: Seat of Judgement, aka about halfway up the stairs

Re: Weather

Postby Yoji » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:57 am

Clear and sunny today. If it weren't for all the huge puddles, you wouldn't think it rained cats and dogs and nearly killed Brentai yesterday*.

It was raining so hard at noon, it was actually getting kind of dark. I somehow managed to grab a picture during lunch:
Image

*not really, but he lives close to a burn scar or two. Makes me a little nervous sometimes.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

User avatar
Brentai
Woah Dangsaurus
Posts: 2498
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:40 pm

Re: Weather

Postby Brentai » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Burn scar runs off away from where I live, but thank you.

Being from the desert makes me panic at the mention of flash floods more than I ought to, but yesterday really wasn't that bad, other than I picked up a minor cold from it. It's just distressing to go full nozzle after having had practically nothing all year.
Image

User avatar
Thad
Posts: 6852
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:05 am
Location: 1611 Uranus Avenue
Contact:

Re: Weather

Postby Thad » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:05 pm

I know "high 51/low 32" isn't shockingly cold weather most places, but...it's fucking cold for where I live. (Even if I weren't just getting back from a place where the high was 79 and the low was 70.)

Today I dug out my long underwear. Which I probably haven't worn since college.

And while it's always nice to be reminded that my waist is 4 inches narrower than it was in college, walking around with underwear bunching up because it is too big is not ideal.

User avatar
Brentai
Woah Dangsaurus
Posts: 2498
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:40 pm

Re: Weather

Postby Brentai » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:17 am

For the record, that "minor cold" I picked up two posts above (and 25 days ago) stuck with me until pretty much this morning. Today's the first day I haven't had to take a pill or drink five cups of coffee or anything.
Image

User avatar
Grath
Posts: 1731
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:34 pm

Re: Weather

Postby Grath » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:38 am

Thad wrote:I know "high 51/low 32" isn't shockingly cold weather most places, but...it's fucking cold for where I live. (Even if I weren't just getting back from a place where the high was 79 and the low was 70.)

Today I dug out my long underwear. Which I probably haven't worn since college.

And while it's always nice to be reminded that my waist is 4 inches narrower than it was in college, walking around with underwear bunching up because it is too big is not ideal.

Meanwhile in New York we haven't had snow stick around for more than a day yet, and most of the time it's staying above freezing.

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 12681
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Weather

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:50 am

Grath wrote:
Thad wrote:I know "high 51/low 32" isn't shockingly cold weather most places, but...it's fucking cold for where I live. (Even if I weren't just getting back from a place where the high was 79 and the low was 70.)

Today I dug out my long underwear. Which I probably haven't worn since college.

And while it's always nice to be reminded that my waist is 4 inches narrower than it was in college, walking around with underwear bunching up because it is too big is not ideal.

Meanwhile in New York we haven't had snow stick around for more than a day yet, and most of the time it's staying above freezing.

Same.

Today was actually really nice and sunny!

(Too bad we got up way too late to make much use of that)
Image

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 12681
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Weather

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:58 pm

Got a friend in Port Augusta, which is a suburb of Adelaide. He asked us to guess how hot it was there yesterday.

It was 52C / 136F
Image

User avatar
Z%rø
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:10 pm
Location: #!%($*&@^UNKN

Re: Weather

Postby Z%rø » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:22 pm

When I moved up to the Mountains a few years ago, I thought I would adjust to the cold over time. And to a degree, I have: Anything around 0c/32f and above is okay. But when you start getting below freezing (It's been ~-9c/16f) it starts to become unberable. God forbid you get any wind at all during that. The streets are just blocks of ice.

I will say that shoveling a foot of snow out of the driveway every other day for two weeks is bullshit, however.

I miss the rain and overcast 2/4 seasons from Oregon.
Image

User avatar
Z%rø
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:10 pm
Location: #!%($*&@^UNKN

Re: Weather

Postby Z%rø » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:56 pm

On a related note, I cleared my car off and shoveled the driveway two hours ago and I'm going to have to do it again sometime later because the snow is just not stopping

FUCK
Image

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 12681
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Weather

Postby Mongrel » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:01 pm

Going down to -35 by this evening. That's nearly cold enough for it to not matter if I add a C or an F to that!
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests