In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

nosimpleway

Re: In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:23 am

All I remember is giving someone the advice "Well, a good romance starts with good communication. A bad romance starts with Ra-ra ah-ah-ah, roma romama, gaga ooh la la."

So I pass that along to any of you on the cusp of a burgeoning propinquity.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:11 pm

It's been a while since it aired so I was like fuck it I guess I'll try to watch a couple episodes of that star trek that was apparently so bad it killed the franchise for a decade. It was so shit it gave me nightmares. I spent the whole night futilely trying to explain why torturing an alien won't stop 9/11 from happening, or trying to convince the vulcan sex lady to put on a sweater because she was obviously cold. Nobody would listen to me and I woke up feeling very tired.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:28 pm

I wish my daughter shared more strawberries and less nose-and-throat bugs, but whaddaya gonna do?

In this case: wake up at like 2:30am, try to get her back to sleep, fail, have some surprisingly good bonding time, then watch her run off to mom when she realizes she actually is pretty tired now that you mention it. And then have weirdly embarrassing dreams.

I was at work. The project was giving me trouble, but I was managing to keep my chin up. I asked my boss what he thought about it, but he only made weird growling sounds while giving me some goofy smile. He just did that over and over, no matter how much I asked. I eventually snapped "Hey, I've been up since like 3am and I'm managing to keep it together. Can you work with me here?" Almost immediately after, I thought "oh no, did I really just say that?"

Then I woke up, still thinking "oh no, did I really just say that?" A quick check on my phone confirmed I did not, as it was too early in the day and I had no angry messages on my phone. I was going to try and go back to sleep when I realized Lexi and Kiddo 02 were snoring really bad, thanks to nose-and-throat bug. "Aw, my poor little... wait, is that the sound my boss was making in my dream?"
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Upthorn

Postby Upthorn » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:50 am

A partner and I had been gifted a week-long vacation to a gorgeous nature resort.
Imagine a cross between a national park, and a summer-camp for adults.
It was somewhere in a lush meadow verging on forest, with gorgeous nature all around. The only manmade structures were the sleeping quarters -- a scaffolding holding rows of six level bunks which each had built in shelf/locker and power outlet.

In between the beds was straight up wilderness -- as I was going to bed on the second night I noticed a small family of bears wandering between my bunk block and the next one over, and felt vaguely anxious/excited about whether all the other visitors had properly followed food storage protocol.

Sadly, the most amazing thing about the dream was the visuals. The sky was deep blue bordering on purple, and subtly changed color depending on viewing angle. The forest/meadow was like something out of James Cameron's Avatar. I remember thinking "I wish I could take a photo to show people after I wake up."

A far-distant second coolest thing was (CW: Hornybrain) that there were no private amenities and physical intimacy was neither expected on supressed.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Tue May 23, 2023 8:49 am

I was in a diner with some friends, and explaining to a stranger why socks wear out.
I started with, "If you wish to make a pair of socks from scratch, first you must invent the universe." And then I went on to explain Wild, Weaver, and Wyrm from White Wolf system.

That's not... Exactly wrong?

Upthorn

Postby Upthorn » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:42 am

A collection of screenshots from Monday night jacking went viral on the open internet.

I kept having to explain the concept of brentai to the heathens on other discords and social media who do not understand our memes.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:50 am

What screenshots? I need to know!

Edit: I realize now what thread this is and clearly I need more sleep.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:36 am

I think I developed a new kink in my dream. Somewhat frog girl, somewhat mermaid. They had human flesh, but stretchy webbing between their legs, toes, fingers and connecting their upper arms to their torso. Also big frog/fish eyes. This may also just be what anime girls look like in 50 years.

atog

Postby atog » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:31 pm

Or what they looked like 350 million years ago.

HOT AMPHIBIOUS ONIICHAN LAYING EGGS IN ONE POND, AND RUNNING OVER LAND TO CATCH MOSQUITOES IN A TOTALLY DIFFERENT POND
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

Büge

Postby Büge » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:05 pm

I thought they looked like this

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:01 pm

350 million years ago ;___;

sei

Postby sei » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:24 pm

beatbandito wrote:I think I developed a new kink in my dream. Somewhat frog girl, somewhat mermaid. They had human flesh, but stretchy webbing between their legs, toes, fingers and connecting their upper arms to their torso. Also big frog/fish eyes. This may also just be what anime girls look like in 50 years.

Sounds like Froppy mixed with Giga Mermaid.

Or if men are more your speed, there's always the fabulous Rikuo.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:07 pm

sei wrote:Rikuo.

curiously attractive, for a fishman

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:08 pm

As a card carrying bisexual monsterperson enjoyer, I can absolutely confirm that Rikuo is S tier fuckable.
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:09 pm

I mean, most of the cast of Darkstalkers is. There's like maybe two I wouldn't and maybe two I'd do for 20 bucks.
ImageImageImage

sei

Postby sei » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:20 pm

Real talk, collar is a really good cut.

Incoming power exchange jokes, I guess.

François

Postby François » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:11 am

Several years ago, I had a weird, disjointed dream about some kind of unspecified disaster happening in my bedroom in an apartment I had already moved out of at the time. There had been water damage for some reason, I think; chunks of drywall were missing, and if you poked your head in one of the holes, you could also see damage to the exterior walls that somehow didn't match the holes on the inside.

I found a tiny little baby bird behind the drywall, wet and cold. It didn't move but I could almost swear it still breathed. I thought of calling a vet but can't remember much happening afterwards. Either the dream changed settings or I woke up.

Last night I dreamt that I was cleaning out that exact same room. All the damage was repaired, but we had some kind of bug problem and I was trying to find if maybe I had left food somewhere. I opened the top drawer in a big white dresser I used to have, and it was empty but for a bundle of folded paper towels. I picked it up, and pressed it with my thumb to see if there was something inside; it instantly collapsed with a dry, brittle sensation, like you'd get from stepping on corn flakes. It startled me so much that I dropped it. It hit the floor. A little beaked skull rolled out.

i need to fire my dream guy is what i'm saying, union's gonna back me up for sure

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:10 pm

i’ve had sequel dreams but only when i wake up and go right back to sleep, not years later

François

Postby François » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:53 pm

Alright, show of hands, who else had the interminable dream focused solely on Willem Dafoe giving an interview about his career while having sex? It got beamed into everyone's minds by alien invaders or something, right?

If it's only me I'm gonna throw a fit. Months and months with zero dreams and then all of a sudden we've got dead bird guilt and then more of Willem Dafoe's cum than anyone needs to see. Somebody, do me a favor, tell me how I go back to the time in my life when I only had nightmares about being decapitated.