In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

KingRoyal

Re: In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Postby KingRoyal » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:42 pm

Was he having sex with the interviewer or was there just a silent third party there?
signature

François

Postby François » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:20 pm

Plain, blurry-looking blue background, 80s public access channel video quality, dumpy fully-clothed bespectacled male interviewer partially off-screen to the left, Dafoe dead center facing the camera at all times, succession of fairly enthusiastic female partners taking turns underneath him. Kind of a low-production-values Hot Ones with fucking instead of spicy wings I guess? Except it went on for hours. Remarkable endurance, really.

...so I take it it's just me then.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:01 pm

I slept really terribly last night, but I remember one dream in which my friend had indoor piglets and white ducks, and I was teaching the ducks to curtsey. They were quick learners, too.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:51 am

Among other unpleasant stuff, I found a stink bug in the room. Nothing bad, but it was an unusual color, so I tried showing it to Lexi.

"That's neat, but don't let the mantis get it."

She moved to show a praying mantis under the desk we were at. It was spiny, orange, and apparently growing before our eyes. It eventually got to the size of a cat and snapped at me as I tried to chase it outside.

Then I hopped on #finalfight to tell about the dream. Except the interface looked really weird. Like, I don't remember it having a graphical interface that generated 8-bit pictures as the chat went.

Then I truly woke up with Lexi groaning about Kiddo 02 bothering her in bed.
"Yoji! Get them out of bed if you're awake!"
"I literally just woke up from a dream about a giant nightmare mantis! I'm goin'!"
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:41 pm

Last night I dreamt the screen was open just an inch and a hummingbird flew in, buzzed over my head and looked around, and then flew back out.

Friday

Postby Friday » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:45 pm

omg i love cute animal dreams

last night we were cute animal dream buddies because i had a dream that two tuxedo cats i was catsitting in a strange apartment got out and i found them in the stairwell and picked them both up over each shoulder and they loved it and purred all the way back to the apartment
ImageImageImage

Thad

Postby Thad » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:18 am

Silversong wrote:Last night I dreamt the screen was open just an inch and a hummingbird flew in, buzzed over my head and looked around, and then flew back out.

I had a hummingbird buzz right by my head once. I found a nest in an orange tree out back and was peering into it to see if it was abandoned.

It was not.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:27 pm

Hummingbirds are very pretty but they are also territorial jerks, surprised you didn't get very tiny bites and scratches

Büge

Postby Büge » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:02 pm

Balderdash! I got attacked by a hummingbird yesterday and I turned out fine.

*takes a long drink of water*
*water spouts out of a dozen holes in my torso*

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:07 pm

Oh yeah, I used to get divebombed by the little bastards regularly. Like, I'd be walking to the front door and a tiny Stuka would angrily squeak past my head. You'd see them diving at and chasing each other, too. I always chalked it up to having such a short lifespan; two years isn't a lot of time to develop much social skills.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:55 am

My dreams are generally really terrible in a frighteningly real way. I'm usually looking for my car with no idea where I parked it, or I have a super long trip somewhere and I forgot something important or have way too much to pack for it. Sometimes they get a little more nightmarey: facing inescapable death or having to prove something I can't.

Last night went totally overboard. There was a kind of logic to what was happening, a goal. But it was all being disrupted by ever-shifting reality. Places, images, people were all shifting in and out, there was no constant by which anything could be viewed, and other people in the dream were both impacted by the same thing and super judgemental of it, like a plague they needed to stop spreading.

Anyway I woke up into that reality like 5 times in the dream before actually waking up twice before I was sure I was out of it.

LaserBeing

Postby LaserBeing » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:26 pm

Dreamed I was sneaking through a big fancy castle in the next FromSoft action-RPG, with large open windows that allowed some particularly comely harpies to fly in and out to attack trespassers with hit-and-run tactics. I crept into a well-appointed master bedroom to see if I could have sex with one or more of them, but as I was unbuttoning my doublet—idly thinking to myself, "wow this is really impressive cloth physics but is it really a good use of GPU resources to fully simulate every single button and clasp on every piece of equipment? How does this benefit the gameplay?"—I suddenly felt an ominous sense of dread and peeked out the half-open door to catch a glimpse of the dark red aura of an invading phantom. In a panic I started frantically trying to pick up all my equipment off the floor and get dressed before I had to engage in PVP, but before I could get my full armour set back on the door swung open…

In waltzed a faintly glowing grey cat, about the size of a lynx, very much in the tradition of Alvina and Shalquoir. You see, it turns out that in this game there is a specific covenant item that allows invaders to transform into cats and do cat stuff in other player's worlds, scratching up their furniture, knocking things off shelves etc. The invader ran in a circle a few times to signal that they didn't want to fight or do mischief, they just wanted attention. So I sat down and started petting the cat, but I had to be careful because if you pet one of these cat phantoms too much their fur starts visibly building up a dangerous amount of static electricity, kind of like when you're holding metal objects during a thunderstorm in BotW/TotK. Every time I saw plasma start to arc across the cat's back I'd have to pause for a few moments to let the charge dissipate, otherwise it would deal massive lightning damage. But otherwise the cat was chill and just sat there purring and spamming the "making biscuits" gesture.

That's it, that's the dream. I woke up thinking "holy SHIT that's such a good idea for a covenant"