Re: In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Postby Mongrel » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:23 pm

So, Rimmer in Better Than Life?

LaserBeing

Postby LaserBeing » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:00 pm

[09:36] <leeham> Brentai I had a dream about you last night :3
[09:37] <Brentai> Wuh oh
[09:37] <leeham> we were in some sort of... hotel room? in like Seattle I guess?
[09:37] <leeham> but they got CBC on the TV and I was trying to explain, as a Canadian, who or what "Captain Falcom" was
[09:38] <leeham> despite the fact that it was just something my dumb dream brain made up on the spot
[09:38] <leeham> and I still don't know what I was talking about
[09:38] <Brentai> Oh man I really want to know who or what Captain Falcom is.
[09:38] <leeham> I think it was something to do with radio dispatches during WW2
[09:39] <Brentai> That's less exciting than I thought it would be.
[09:40] <Brentai> I was thinking of a dude who could Falcon you by bumping into you.
[09:41] <Brentai> Every time he shows up the villains are like, It's Captain Falcom! Don't let him catch you on a crowded subway!
[09:41] <leeham> basically the gist was that we were both just trying to one-up each other's cynical takes on the Canadian news
[09:41] <Brentai> Huh.
[09:43] <leeham> there was some kind of secret Nazi espionage stuff going on and then at some point it turned into one of those really bad 90s Pulp Fiction ripoffs where everyone ends up in a Mexican standoff at the end
[09:43] <leeham> but our job was just to be snarky about all of it
[09:44] <leeham> until the end when I wandered on stage during a Golden Girls reunion event having to pee real bad
[09:44] <leeham> in conclusion, dreams are dumb

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:11 am

I dreamed that Buge was sculpting a large army for some tabletop wargame from scratch, using greenstuff, etc.

Only the whole army was Gumbys. I mean they weapons and maybe a little gear, but no uniforms or anything. Obviously the mounted units were on Pokeys. The funny part was that they were all sculpted really badly, like a 3D version of a kid's crude crayon drawing of Gumby, Pokey, and various weapons.

(Sorry Buge! Blame my subconscious! I swear the hood you sculpted the other day really is fine and really did look good!).

Büge

Postby Büge » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:26 am

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:37 am

Almost forgot this one.

Among many other strange dreams last night/this past morning, I dreamed that Starr was a cybernetic pirate with teal hair and a red eyepatch.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:50 am

Almost sounds like a Santa Ana resident on a festive weekend. And I dunno, a tabletop Gumby army sounds kind of rad. Silly as hell, yeah, but also rad.

Not much detail to report, but I was briefly lucid about a half hour or so ago.

It started out downright ordinary. Wandering around town. Seeing someone struggling with a stroller and remember those first days of parenting. Wandering into the wrong part of a parking garage and getting yelled at by the attendant.

Even the trigger was pretty ordinary. I was walking to my car, but I had to run back to the garage and get something. I distinctly remember thinking "This is all so dull... wait, what is all so dull exactly? Is this a dream? This is a dream. I need to fly before I wake up." And with that, I vaulted off the roof of my car and flew straight up. Not the usual moonjumping I manage in dreams, but real Superman flight. That was actually something of an achievement right there; the past few times I've been lucid, I felt I had to clutch some unseen totem just to hover a couple feet.

It was brief, but wondrous. Going high enough to see the curve of the earth, watching my feet dangle below. Plunging back down to just a few meters up. Just spinning around in the trees of Gum Grove. And every time it felt like flight; the breeze whipped past me, my hair trailed in my face, and it even looked 3-dimensional.

Sure made up for the bullshit anxiety, kidnapping, bizarrchitecture bullshit from earlier in the night.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:23 am

One of the times I woke up last night, the sentence that floated up with me was, "Trump thinks he can control the Zerg...."

Büge

Postby Büge » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:29 am

I'm more worried about the Chaos Emeralds.

atog

Postby atog » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:56 pm

I was riding around in a basket bicycle made of some kind of split green wood or something else incredibly springy, but light and dry. The wheels were like 10 feet tall and thin as hula hoops. I raced over the rocky, clayey ground, ignoring potholes, stumps, and prairie dog hills as the suspension carried me in a cloud. Plunged into a cornfield, rode above the waving stalks and bowing ears, then heard a siren.

Being a law-abiding crazy wicker bicyclist that I am, I dismounted outside the field and waited to talk my way out of a ticket. My legs felt wobbly and the sun beat down on my skull. No cop car appeared, but I walked the now-very-unwieldy prairiecycle to the side of the road. Could I ride it on the road? A tractor seemingly zoomed by. Nope, I would get run over. As it got dark, all the houses I passed were clearly abandoned and haunted, there were more scarecrows, and it slowly became KOTH Harvest, but with lots of mosquitoes and cicadas.
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole