In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Yoji

Re: In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Postby Yoji » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:12 pm

Alexis had a really good one today! Now let me see if I can describe it right.

She was playing some new Zelda game on the Switch. It played out in a book that illustrated itself as the game went on ("it had a really distinct style, with lots of black and brown ink"). There was a lot of talk online that this was finally the game where Link was a woman instead, but as she played it turned out she was playing as Zelda instead. Like, "the fights were a lot more strategic than usual."
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:34 pm

A book illustration style like that sounds like the graphical engine used for the Valkryia Chronicles games.

Upthorn

Postby Upthorn » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:31 pm

My boardgame group accidentally invented robots with artificial general intelligence.

Fortunately, they were fond of humans (ultimate goal of maximizing human fulfillment, and minimizing variance). Unfortunately, they were a little short-sighted on consequences and decided the best way to maximize human happiness was to fire instant death lasers at every politician, at any level of power, whose policies were impeding action against climate change.

Only after simultaneously disintegrating 98% of the world's politicians, did they realize that other nations might react with hostility. At this point the dream moves into a secret ultra-tech command center the machines built, tracking important events worldwide as they attempt (with mixed results) to avert a disastrous global war. My memory of the rest is fragmented but here are a few noteworthy background events:

1) Some of the machine intelligence scout drones encounter a Xenomorph nest in freezing waters off the coast of Alaska.
2) Bernie Sanders disappears into a secret druidic lair in the forests of Vermont.
3) Elizabeth Warren follows fragmented myths and rumors to a place of power from which she will be able to save the world, only to discover it was a trick by Jeff Bidet to force her into marrying him.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.

des

Postby des » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:47 pm

Friday wrote:<Friday> and Sharkey comes in
<Friday> and he's in a toga.
<Friday> and announces that the theme of our society will now be rome instead of egypt

weird, that's exactly what actually happened in july.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:58 pm

Did... did you guys go on a trip to Europe?!

:o

des

Postby des » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:08 pm

i freaking wish
no, we went to fake europe at the museum to a really great pompeii exhibit.

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:18 am

I had a part 3 to my dream a while back, but I didn't think it was worth posting because it was literally just me sitting in a (roman) room at a table while Brentai lectured me for failing to overthrow Sharkey and then sat down and demanded I critique TNG and TOS episodes with him but all the episodes were in roman style. Like the episodes were the same but everyone was wearing a toga and they would throw their gladius instead of shooting their phasers.

I commented that if we actually found and watched that one TOS episode where it actually IS like that in real life, we would finally crack the "dreamcode" and be able to live forever inside our own minds. But I couldn't remember the name of the episode and Brentai just kept insisting we watch the TNG Irish episode over and over because he found the ridiculous Irish accents even funnier because they were all in a toga.

The dream ended with Sharkey's voice coming in over a megaphone (complete with that screeching sound at first) declaring that "Birds of Prey" would now be called "Fat Johnsons" and then laughing hysterically.
ImageImageImage

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:36 pm

Never dreamed about Death Stranding or old lesbian OCs before, never mind at the same time. But hey, I'll take it. Beats the hell out of being late for a test I haven't studied for.

I saw two women riding a reverse trike along a ruined road. I got the feeling they were in former Colorado or Wyoming, probably from the looks of the mountains and the remains of a farm. Tough Blond was driving, and Dark Ponytail had her arms around Blonde's waist. She also seemed to have the bulk of the cargo on her backpack, but no BB for either of them. At some point they spotted a box of ceramics on the side of the road. Ponytail hopped off to pick it up, but told Blonde to wait up.
Blonde: "We can use those ceramics to rebuild the road at-"
Ponytail: "Hold on, holy cow, I need to pee like right now."
B: "I told you to do that before we left!"
P: "But I didn't have to go then!"
B: "Fuck, man, you do this every time!"

...okay, not the most interesting dream in the world, but I'm just glad to have one that's not weird and terrible. And I'd never dreamed of OCs before, even though they're on my brain almost daily. Probably no surprise that by the time I finished my shower this morning, I'd already puzzled out how their rest options would change as their connection level increased (0- Rest nearby, 1- Rest back-to-back, 2- Rest side-by-side, 3- Holding hands, 4- Smooches)
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:26 am

I finally dreamed up the solution to all our event scheduling problems. I just need to reschedule the event to last week, then there won't be any conflicts because everybody else's events last week already happened, and mine will be the only new one

This made a lot more sense before I woke up.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:37 pm

I dreamed there was a Brontomeet and I went and then had some kind of bizarre mental breakdown and so became the centre of attention for all the wrong reasons. Everyone ended up hating me ["But Mongrel, we already hate you!" *laughtrack*] and Frank was especially pissed because he'd taken a really long bus ride (!) to get there.

:<

Come on brain. Cut that shit out.

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:06 pm

Mongrel, I can assure you that if I met you in real life;

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE MEME

1. I would kill you and eat you, but not because I hate you, just because that is what is required for the survival of my species
2. I would kill you and eat you
3. I would make fun of your hat
4. But that's just how a Friday shows love
5. We'd probably wander off to the patio or whatever and have a fucking three-hour discussion of violence, morals, and Canadian and American Politics and how they effect each other
6. and then I'd kill and eat you
7. I too would have a mental breakdown, so don't worry about taking all the attention
8. holy shit I just looked up at your post and you spelled it "centre" you are so fucking Canadian were you drinking milk out of a bag as you typed that
9. though actually I prefer it "Theatre" and the imperial system can fuck off
10. I'd greet you nicely, give you a hug, tell you how much I appreciate you as a good friend, and take you out for a drink
11. haha yeah right as I hugged you you'd feel the knife enter your spine as my teeth fell off revealing my lamprey-drills
12. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrr
13. blood is going everywhere
14. the other guests are horrified, but not reacting too strongly as after all it's Mongrel
15. and that guy is a jerk, did you see his "am i a narcissist" thread
16. friday take him outside before his brain matter gets on the carpet
17. but seriously enough with the kill and eat you memes
18. we'd have a great time and talk about many subjects until everyone was sick to death of our navel-gazing which we both enjoy doing
19. I'd say "hi Mongrel, it's me, Friday" and you'd probably say something dumb like "No it's SATURDAY! :D" and I'd stare directly at you for exactly ten seconds silently
20. and you'd start to get nervous like "oh shit she's probably heard that joke a million times i hope she doesn't kill and eat me"
21. but we've moved passed that meme remember it's not coming back till maybe the very end
22. jesus friday this is shaping up to be a really long shitpost
23. shutup it's been a long time since I did one
24. fine then get all your stupid old memes in
25. xbox
26. playstation
27. popful mail, thanks for voting everyone
28. Guild
29. OKAY BACK ON TRACK
30. I mean we'd probably just hang out, have a few hard lemonades or whatever, it'd honestly be a gas
31. I'd play videogames with you, I don't know what games you like other than TF2 and like World of Tanks but w/e we'll make it work
32. did you ever plat Duck Game that shit is the best thing ever
33. seriously imagine super smash brothers but with items being the only way to attack and one hit kills
34. wait where are we? are we in Seattle? we could go visit leeham
35. you'll have to smuggle me across the border though
36. and I might just stay afterward because seriously America is a shitshow now
37. if this dream con you were having was in NorCal though I'd probably suggest going to endor
38. no seriously I went there last year where they filmed it for RotJ it's super-beautiful
39. for the bike speeder sequence a camera guy had the idea to just walk through the redwoods filming at like 12 fps or something and then speed it up to like 60 for the film so it looks super fast
40. I could also take you out to this really good Sushi place where I live
41. do you like Sushi? you will after this place
42. try the california bad boy, it's a california roll with tempura tuna, spicy sauce and sweet unagi sauce
43. it's to die for seriously and they have great edamame
44. and their house sake is good too, do you like sake
45. we also have a pretty nice park
46. there are swimming holes
47. it goes back into the hills for miles, google chico upper bidwell park you'll see what i mean
48. if we're in LA I'd have to ask Romo where to go and he'd be like ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i dunno because he's an idiot
49. but i'm sure SOMEONE would know where to go to get decent food fuck you romo you're useless
50. oh jesus fifty already, alright time to wrap this up
51. Mongrel you are a valuable community member and we are lucky to have you so tell your brain to stop being dumb, nobody hates you here
52. though i mean
53. you do post a lot
54. but that's okay! some people just have a lot to say I get it
55. anyway i'm sure we'd have a blast if you showed up to a meetup
56. i look forward to that day, when I can look you in the eye and say right to your face:
57. "Hey Mongrel! It's good to finally meet you! :D"
58. but you notice my contact has slipped, revealing one yellow reptilian eye
59. you try to run but I am too fast
60. "Mongrel where are you going?" I say as I jog casually beside you
61. one of my tooth caps falls off as I say it
62. you scream but no one can hear you
63. "Mongrel, you will be a part of me forever"
64. "I have existed before there was light and I will exist after the last light fades"
65. "Join with me and see eternity"
66. "it's nice and warm inside Mongrel"
67. click click, click click click
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:32 pm

1) Man, I laughed way too hard at Popful Mail.

2) Serious question Is there anyone on this board full of nerd weebs who doesn't like sushi? I guess maybe someone here isn't a fan just so we can have an exception or something. But that person is not me. Unagi fucking rools like King. K.

3) I'm pretty sure I was in fact drinking milk (well, having cereal, but w/e) which had (of course) come out of a bag while posting that. Soooo... FRIDAY GET OUT OF MY HOUSE OUR APARTMENT.

Actually okay you can stay if you don't eat us.

SO YEAH OKAY NEVER MIND GET OUT.

Grath

Postby Grath » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:43 pm

Mongrel wrote:2) Serious question Is there anyone on this board full of nerd weebs who doesn't like sushi? I guess maybe someone here isn't a fan just so we can have an exception or something. But that person is not me. Unagi fucking rools like King. K.

Yo. I don't understand people who like sushi.

JD

Postby JD » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:21 pm

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:43 pm

Yo. I don't understand people who like sushi.

I was in this camp for a long time, like the first 27 years of my life or something. After all, it's just raw fish in a rice and seaweed roll? the fuck?

And to be 100% honest with you, I still only actually like about 20% of what I've had.

So what I'm saying is it's possible you just haven't the right kind of sushi yet to hit your taste. I'd recommend a basic California Roll from a decent or good place (don't go to like, a shitty buffet) because they're sort of universally loved and use crab instead of raw fish.

But I mean, if you don't like Sushi then you don't like Sushi.
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:05 pm

Yeah, it's really easy to get shit sushi because the best flavours are all really delicate.

I mean, I can eat and be okay with mediocre sushi, but I totally understand if someone had mediocre sushi and was like "the fuck is this bland nasty shit."

(but as Friday said, if you just don't like it, then that's fair too).

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:39 pm

I think Neil Gaiman's advice was along the lines of "Make sure you try good sushi. That way, you can be sure you don't like sushi, and not just that you don't like *bad* sushi."

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:05 pm

Yeah Sushi is like the polar opposite of eggs. You can go to any diner and get decent eggs. Hell, it's the only thing I'll actually eat at Denny's when my friends invoke their once-every-five-years right to drag me there. High floor, low ceiling. Sushi is Hell floor, Heaven ceiling.
ImageImageImage

Upthorn

Postby Upthorn » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:28 pm

My biggest issue with sushi is when the rice is over-vinegared.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.

Büge

Postby Büge » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:44 pm

It's not just about the flavours, though. The mouthfeel is also important.