In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

MarsDragon

In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Postby MarsDragon » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:18 pm

A thread where we can all bore each other by talking about our dreams.

We (myself, Lyrai was involved at one point but disappeared, and random other people) were in rebellion against our bosses. I had just gotten out, causing chaos and destruction, and it was agreed our next target for freedom was Sharkey. Sharkey was represented by a chalk drawing of a weird combination of Wario and Solid Snake with a huge toothy grin and blank white eyes, one noticeably bigger than the other. Inside the eyes were tiny hammers. We were going to free him by going to a concert where we'd all vibrate at an exact frequency to disrupt the energy flows. People started practicing by jumping on a trampoline and then I woke up.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Is that the greatest description of Sharkey ever?

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:01 pm

For the White Witch!

MarsDragon

Postby MarsDragon » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:24 pm

I couldn't figure out if that was what you had dreamed or something you were making up, actually.

Also mine continues the Little Nemo theme so it is clearly superior.

Little Nemo in Slumberland ran in The New York Herald from October 15, 1905, until July 23, 1911; the strip was renamed In the Land of Wonderful Dreams when McCay brought it to William Randolph Hearst's New York American, where it ran from 1911 until July 26, 1914. When McCay returned to the Herald in 1924, he revived the strip, and it ran under its original title from Aug 3, 1924, until December 26, 1926, when McCay returned to Hearst.

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:56 pm

Disposable Ninja wrote:I did it first.

These thread names are all terrible.

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:23 am

Dude. I had the most fucked up dream.

I had wandered into this building, and I couldn't find my way out. I passed a little boy while descending a staircase, and at the bottom of the stairs there was this wide, closed off room, filled with disinterested people just sort of meandering about and soiled hospital beds. I decided to head back up the stairs, and when I passed the little boy he said I couldn't leave or I'd start a war. "What?" I asked, I'd start a war he replied again. He turned to look at me and, wouldn't you know, his eyes were gone. Now, when I had passed him earlier, he totally had his eyes, but by the looks of him now, he had his eyes gouged out a long time ago, and worse yet they weren't healing well.

I had wandered into a damn haunted hospital. If I attempted to leave, the ghosts would murder the shit out me in the most horrific way imaginable. If I stayed, however, I'd live, but they'd slowly and inevitably amputate me down to a man-potato -- no arms, no legs, no eyes, no nose, ears or tongue.
For the White Witch!

Niku

Postby Niku » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:47 pm

Büge

Postby Büge » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:46 am

Last night I dreamed that Mongrel got a new miniature: A man wearing a parka over a bathrobe, an ushanka with the flaps down, and wielding a hockey stick.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:29 am

Pssssttt... we can play that scenario later Buge!

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:10 am

I barely remember my dreams any more, but I managed to remember the dream I had last night, and realized that that's because my dreams these days consist of the same fucking around my house that I do when I'm awake.

Büge

Postby Büge » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:04 pm

How do you know you're not dreaming... right now?

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:43 am

I dreamed that Buge had a prosthetic leg with a full surround-sound speaker system built into it. So he wanted to show me something (a novelty song or something), so he came over to my room and just leaves the leg with me and goes back to his room. That's already kind of awkward, but then I lifted the leg off my lap to get up and a bunch of photos of Buge's old girlfriends fall out, so now I've crossed the threshold to super-awkward. I go over to give the leg back and Buge just pops it on like nothing happened.

Büge

Postby Büge » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:02 pm

ಠ_ಠ

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Wh—

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:07 pm

Oh THAT old dream.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:26 pm

I dreamt that my friend and I were attending some college that doesn't exist outside of that dream. We got a place to live on-campus, but for whatever reason, they gave us the entire basement level of the college. So, it was a vast, vast area that looked kind of like an empty Target store, with certain sections lined with bunks, like some kind of boat. I remember thinking it was pretty cool.

While exploring our apartment, I discovered an art gallery, complete with art students taking an art class within this art gallery. It then dawned on me that the art department had no place to hold their daily classes, and had been doing it here until the college gave the entire basement to me to live in.

I probably should have let them stay, but instead, I just told them all to get the fuck out, and stood there watching them dejectedly taking all their clay scultpures and art materials out of a back room and leaving. I have no idea why I was so mean to them, but I mean, they were holding a CLASS in my HOUSE.

MarsDragon

Postby MarsDragon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:27 am

I dreamt I was in an IRC channel.

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:43 pm

Terrifying.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:13 am

MarsDragon wrote:Sharkey was represented by a chalk drawing of a weird combination of Wario and Solid Snake with a huge toothy grin and blank white eyes, one noticeably bigger than the other. Inside the eyes were tiny hammers.

One million quatloos for the one who makes an avatar sized animated gif of this. Pretend I'm nailing the worthless imaginary currency to a mast just over here.

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:06 am

First time a dream has ever actually woken me up: I accidentally drove my car into a fucking lake. As the water was rushing in and I couldn't move I was torn between the realization that I had fucked and might die and the denial that this was happening to me. Then the surroundings morphed into my room and I realized that I was awake and that all was a dream.

Fuck, man.
For the White Witch!