In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Büge

Re: In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Postby Büge » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:48 pm

That reminds me of my dream. I was in the movie Phenomenon, and I was arguing with this fat kid about philosophy. I remember all his arguments involved a bizarre mix of Christian myth and Scientology.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:20 am

I was up watching imaginary movies all night. Meatwad was pretty unhappy about them. At some point he made a paper airplane and it did a flip, but nobody saw.

Missing Driver
David Lynch, 1998
A man goes mad while driving a tanker truck filled with human fat across northern Canada. Nobody likes this film. Everybody lies. It's great. You should watch it right now.

Flight of the Living Dead
Some Asshole, 2007
Does exactly what it says on the tin. Only remarkable in that it took so long for someone to use such an incredibly obvious title for a shit movie.

I googled the last one when I woke up and it turns out to be an actual movie. That somebody made on purpose. I'm pretty annoyed.

Also, I was supposed to be making a mobile phone game based on Missing Driver, but haha fuck you. I bet Cactus would do it. He probably already has.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:57 am

In a nightmare about doing overdue taxes the girlfriend asked me where I got a particular figure. I said it was "Noumenonary math."

"Oh, okay. ... What's that?"

"It's a thing I made up what means it's a thing I made up."

Which turns out to be a pretty much perfect made up word for a number you pulled out of your ass. Thanks, subconscious. I think I'm actually going to use that.

Büge

Postby Büge » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:29 pm

At first I read it as Númenorary math.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:52 am

"Hey Bill, look at this guy's 1099. It just says 3 + 7 + 9 + 1... what the hell?"

MarsDragon

Postby MarsDragon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:48 pm

I was trying to get to a flight in Houston and it was a nightmare of public transportation. I started off on a train that had to repeatedly dodge other trains while moving across randomly crossing tracks, then at the airport I ended up on a bus that went the wrong way, then I had to skateboard down a steep hill in the middle of traffic, then I somehow ended up on another train, and I ended up trying to decide of the old bouncing laundry cart would get me where I needed to go. At which point I woke up.

François

Postby François » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:23 pm

So I'm back in a neighborhood of the persistent alternate-reality version of my hometown, a quiet residential area with plenty of trees and relatively dense single family houses. I'm just walking around taking a scroll, and I pass two older teenage girls, very shapely, wearing clingy sun dresses and chatting about teenage girl stuff over a hedge. Once I'm a few meters past them, I start hearing grunts and pained moans behind me. The girl closest to me is doubled over, holding her stomach with both hands, and before long she sits on the curb, spreads her legs and says, and I quote, "I'm mothering!" (That's one of those English dreams I occasionally have.)

The other girl is completely frozen in shock, and there's an older man further down the street looking over but making no motion to help. I'm not sure if I should do anything myself, but before long I see the top of a baby's head coming out, so I rush over and cup my hands to at least make sure it doesn't fall on the pavement. However, I only make it a few steps before the baby shoots out of the girl's vagina like a wet bar of soap leaping out of a clenched fist; I watch in horror as it skips and slides across the street, slowly coming to a halt close to the opposite curb.

I walk over to pick it up and have a look. The baby's stiff, slimy, lukewarm, and kinda purplish-red. Turning it over, I notice a chunk of its skull is missing, leaving about two square inches of brain exposed. It very much looks like it had sustained a horrific injury long before it hit the ground. I'm not entirely sure what to do. My first two reflexes are to hide it under my jacket and walk away like nothing happened, or to do a Hail Mary pass over the nearest house. That would probably only worsen any trouble I might already be in, so I put the clearly dead baby in its mother's arms, and have the good fortune to wake up seconds before the screaming begins.

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:12 am

I dreamt I was reincarnated but with full knowledge of my previous life

but it turns out I was mistaken and I was just a ghost possessing a baby

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:36 pm

I can't really remember much about last night's dream, but it was something new for me, which was a dream with near-waking vividness where I eventually figured out I was dreaming and proceeded to do whatever the fuck I wanted, because my house, my rules.

Before that it was a bizarre adventure whose beginning I can't recall, but reached a point where I was hanging around on some kind of train which was a combination luxury VIP train and deathtrap with holes in the floor (depending on the car). Earliest part of the dream I remember was fighting guys in the deathtrap car, and watching them drop far to a rivered landscape below as the train travelled over a massively high trestle somewhere in the US midwest. Then I was in the pullman car (with an antique Victorian open interior, all chesterfields, fringed lampshades, and heavy crimson velvet) where somehow I was supposed to wait as we were on our way to in a marriage where the Bush and Clinton clans would be unified, peace would reign in place of the clan-driven shadow war now underway, and world domination could begin and in which I was the groom (for the Clinton side, somehow). Then Babs showed up like some benevolent grandmother and kept trying to give me life advice.

But after that it was all punching guys with super powered punches and making cars explode and shit because lol

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:03 pm

During the 70's Donald Trump was the main character in a recurring King Features newspaper comic strip that was in the same universe as Popeye and actually shared most of it's characters with Wimpy's own ongoing standalone comic strip [which also did not really exist] and made occasional appearances in both of the other strips as well.

I kept trying to tell Starr that I'd dreamed about this, only she wouldn't listen because I was busy trying to park my tank inside someone's car in a suburb so I could ambush the three tanks coming up the hill from the unfinished part of the subdivision.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:12 pm

A brief scene where the employees of the parks department of Pawnee, Indiana discuss their latest zany scheme.

When the cast of Dunder-Mifflin's Scranton branch storms into the office for whatever reason, there is bedlam as no one knows which camera to look confused or annoyed into.

MarsDragon

Postby MarsDragon » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:02 pm

Romo and I were driving around and ended up next to the ocean, where we enjoyed letting towering waves batter our car until a low wave swept us away. We set the car to rights, shook ourselves off, and went to the mountains instead.Once at the mountains we drove around, trying to figure out when the sun would set so we could stargaze. I had a phone, but couldn't find information on the sun because I didn't know where I was. Eventually we found a place with slides were we could wait.

The slides took you down into a pool, like a water park. I didn't have a swimsuit, but ended up screwing around in the water anyway. Romo slid down but didn't know about the water and threw a fit because it was unexpected. He stormed off. I stayed in the water until a guy there started trying to mess with me. He tried to drag me under, I defeated him with my clever tricks, and he just admitted defeat when I woke up.

There was something in there about Romo's car shooting bullets like a shmup, and it would fire in set patterns of one more bullet per set until it reset back at zero and we really wanted to get it to ten bullets and stay there, but Romo fired too many times and it went back to one bullet.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Fri May 13, 2016 11:41 am

So... I think I broke the forums at some point last night.

I'm not sure how it happened, but I think I let in some malignant bot. Everyone's avatar had been replaced with a placeholder for "SpamWin" and all the text was a garbled ASCII mess. Like, every post looked like Dwarf Fortress passed out in a pool of its own vomit.

So, sorry about that, I guess.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri May 13, 2016 12:30 pm

Romo slid down but didn't know about the water and threw a fit because it was unexpected.

He stormed off.

but Romo fired too many times and it went back to one bullet.

I enjoy how accurately your subconscious portrays Romo.
ImageImageImage

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Tue May 31, 2016 5:34 pm

I just turned 9 when we lost my sainted grandmother way too early to cancer. She was kind of a fixed point in the family, and everything felt like it came unmoored since then. This whole parenthood thing has left me weepier and more emotional about things than usual, which probably explains my dreams yesterday.

Somehow, I got a strange string of messages from her. First it was a slip of paper stuck between bricks on top of the chimney. The writing on it didn't really look like anything, but it lead to a book somewhere in the house. Turns out it was a hollowed-out book safe, holding what looked like a weird cross between a VHS tape and a reel-to-reel. Like, it was transparent white and had to be rewound by hand.

I was thinking about how it had to be some great message from her when I woke up. Not even with some eventful trigger like usual; no outburst, no jump scare, no nothing. Just the night before, it at least took Mrs. Ideal saying we were breaking up because my hair was too long.

My subconscious must be messed up or something. Everyone else is having awesome dreams, like whacky antics with friends or flying naked over the ocean.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

François

Postby François » Tue May 31, 2016 5:51 pm

I dunno about that. I dreamt I was run over by Jim Sterling driving a smart car (exactly on this spot). It didn't even really hurt, I was just startled for a moment.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:06 pm

I dreamed I was the leader of those shitty B-side cats from Heathcliff but they were actually a terrorist cell making shitty IEDs in their shitty junk yard. Nothing really happened because they were too busy being trashy and retarded.

So fucking annoyed with my brain right now.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:51 pm

Minus the terrorism, that sounds exactly like the kind of idle daydream scenario ten-year-old me would come up with.

Büge

Postby Büge » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:20 pm

Including the confusing feelings about the girl cat in the legwarmers?

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:35 pm

Hm, that's a very specific sort of time period. You need to be in the mindset where you're thinking of romance, but not yet at the point where you're actually lusting after nominally humanoid shapes rather than squared-off Hanna-Barbera caricatures.