Oh those pet peeves

Friday

Re: Oh those pet peeves

Postby Friday » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:17 pm

Do you think that they also love, as we do? I once ventured into the boy's locker room in high school to determine the answer to that, but only found a bunch of burly jocks hitting a bunch of scrawny nerds in the ass with wet towels.

Truly marvelous creatures.
ImageImageImage

ocksi

Postby ocksi » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:10 pm

The flaps in briefs are to allow them to stretch and remain comfortable while sitting and/or moving.

At work, I use the flap on boxers for the reasons Thad mentioned plus the untuck/retuck of both shirt and undershirt.

Thad

Postby Thad » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:08 pm

Whereas I've reached a point where I don't even tuck my shirt in unless I'm wearing a tie with it. Ten years in the computer industry has convinced me that in my case, "dress one level nicer than everybody else" means khakis and a collared shirt.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:16 pm

When I take a leak I normally want to air out my danglies, so everything has to go over the top anyway.

I always thought that was normal, and that dudes using the peekaboo penis window to piss were the weird ones, but in the past few years I discovered that maybe the inverse is true and I'm the weirdo?

Brantly B.
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brantly B. » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:45 am

I feel like we've had this conversation before. The takeaway was "men really do have a really broad array of ways to piss, and yes, some do in fact involve the crotch flap".

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:30 am

Crotch flappers are destroying this once-great nation

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:10 am

Mothra wrote:Crotch flappers are destroying this once-great nation

I am now imagining dicks wearing cloches.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:57 pm

I think this might be like standing vs. sitting when wiping your ass. It's just impossible to believe that anyone does it differently than you do.

Also, ain't nobody putting their dick through that little underpants flap on purpose. Stop talking nonsense.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:43 am

I understand that the gaming industry is terrible and game publishers are some of the cheapest bastards going (in part because there's no money in small-time gaming - sure, fair enough). I don't bat an eye at someone who wants to pay an infinitesimal amount, or try to barter something, or whatever. Even someone who straight up asks you to work for free, sure, they're assholes, but at least that's clear. Anybody who is doing something creative for money and DOESN'T expect idiots to try and lowball you or get free work is probably an idiot or already very famous (and even then...).

But the ones who literally have no idea they would be asked to pay for anything, who are in fact so dumb they don't even try to play the "Do this for the exposure!" card, who in fact hadn't even though ahead to the point one message down the line where they would essentially be one of those guys asking someone to do something for free, okay, that's really a bit much. How did you even turn your computer on and log in? Maybe you just thought *things happen*?

EDIT: Actually, really I'm just mostly pissed off because it was going to be a book on 60's-70's African wars and that sounded way cool to illustrate and I wanted to do it badly enough that I maybe woulda knocked a couple dollars (like 10-15% or so) off the minimum fees if the budget was super-low and the guy cried poor or whatever.

Too bad it turned out be a project from Hurr Fucking Durr, Esq.

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:29 pm

Hurr Fucking Durr, Esq.

but Romo pays in hilariously misidentifying people's wives as dogs
ImageImageImage

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:07 pm

When twenty-something girls do that screamy thing that sounds like they're being murdered when they're just really excited about something. Every fucking time. Dark street at night, blood curdling horror movie scream, and I have to run towards it. Come barreling around the corner and it's just a couple of drunk assholes having an OMG gigglefest over who even fucking cares what. And now they're stunned into silence because a wild eyed skinnymonster in a flappy coat just rounded the corner doing 110 on foot because he thought someone was being stabbed. Fuck you. Don't make that sound. It's like blowing a rape whistle because lol that was so outrageous what Becky just said.

Fuck. You.

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:19 pm

Of all the things that I have ever agreed with, the above is the most I have ever agreed with something, and ever will agree with something, in all possible universes, in all possible timelines, in all possible ways.
ImageImageImage

Spram

Postby Spram » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:05 pm

What is up with people denying that girls/women look/looked down at video games and the nerds who played them? Are you saying my life has been a lie?

I remember when my crush said she liked the SNES Zelda and I told her I thought the Gameboy Zelda was also good (Link's Awakening), she looked at me like if I was a even bigger loser than what she already thought of me and mentioned something about the Gameboy being for babies and didn't talk or even look at me for the rest of the day*. That happened.

This post was inspired by reading the YouTube comments section on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlnrV06-YDQ

I know I shouldn't read YouTube comments.

*The only other time this happened was when a woman thought I was an illegal immigrant because she's too stupid to know Puerto Rico is a US territory.

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:00 pm

Spram wrote:What is up with people denying that girls/women look/looked down at video games and the nerds who played them? Are you saying my life has been a lie?

The mistake you seem to be making is thinking "some girls" is equivalent to "girls".

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:05 pm

He's also making the mistake of thinking that only women looked down. Men did that shit constantly. Madden/Halo type was generally allowable, but man, if you played Final Fantasy you were a fucking gay faggot gay fag gay and dude I'm not gay like this loser here who is gay and a fag HALO FOOTBALL GAY i mean uh not gay.
ImageImageImage

Spram

Postby Spram » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:10 pm

Thad wrote:The mistake you seem to be making is thinking "some girls" is equivalent to "girls".

"most girls"

Spram

Postby Spram » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Friday wrote:He's also making the mistake of thinking that only women looked down. Men did that santorum constantly. Madden/Halo type was generally allowable, but man, if you played Final Fantasy you were a motherfucking gay watermelon gay melon gay and dude I'm not gay like this loser here who is gay and a melon HALO FOOTBALL GAY i mean uh not gay.

Men only did it to look cool in front of the women that also looked down on games.. once the womins weren't looking they too would play Final Fantasy and other gay stuff

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:40 pm

Spram wrote:
Thad wrote:The mistake you seem to be making is thinking "some girls" is equivalent to "girls".

"most girls"

The plural of "anecdote" is not "data". Your own best guess is no better than anybody else's.

And Spram, you know I love you, but you're prone to assuming people are judging you and looking down on you with very little evidence to support those suspicions.

François

Postby François » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:43 pm

Dude, you are clearly looking down on yourself for your own hobbies and interests. I'm not saying other people around you aren't doing it as well, but even if they weren't, you still have that internal hurdle in that you don't seem to allow yourself to appreciate what you like in the first place. If you had a rad lady by your side loving you and telling you she's loving you and loving your pastimes and passions as well, you'd be feeling like an impostor because you'd be all "how can she really love a lame loser who likes lame loser stuff, it's impossible, she must be lying or crazy". Give yourself the permission to like what you like and enjoy what you enjoy, and if you can't, find something else to like and enjoy, there's no shame in it. That's really the first step.

Spram

Postby Spram » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:48 pm

François wrote:Dude, you are clearly looking down on yourself for your own hobbies and interests.

That's true. I've been doing it my whole life. I don't know what it has to do with this though.

I don't see what's so offensive about me saying that the majority of girls/women have been very self-conscious about not looking like nerds for a loong time.