Things That Go in Your Mouth

Thad

Re: Things That Go in Your Mouth

Postby Thad » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:53 am

I've never actually eaten a burger.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't eat mammals. Birds, fish. Occasionally reptile. I think probably amphibian at one time or another. But no mammal.

Impossible Burgers have started cropping up around town. I've heard mixed reviews on just how much they resemble actual burgers, but consensus is that they're at least closer than previous varieties of veggie burger have been.

I first tried one at a place at the mall called The Thirsty Lion. It was pretty mediocre. I'd have preferred grilled chicken.

But after that I tried one at my usual watering hole, McFate, and I quite liked it. Enough that I've had Impossible Burgers on my last three visits.

Grath

Postby Grath » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:54 am

I not-infrequently eat burgers and I've had a couple Impossible Burgers from Bareburger. In my experience it's slightly not quite there yet to replicate beef, but it's close enough that if you told me it was some exotic meat (elk or bison or whatever) I wouldn't question whether or not it's meat - just whether or not it's beef.

Büge

Postby Büge » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:55 am

I went to the Garlic Festival with my girlfriend yesterday. Tried a raw garlic shot, some barbecued garlic scapes (the green shoots that grow out of garlic bulbs), and sampled a bunch of different mustards, vinegars, and oils. Non-garlic foods we shared included Tibetan momo (with sauerkraut!), some apple cider, some sipping chocolate, and a Campari grapefruit mint popsicle.