Why did this even happen?

Sharkey

Re: Why did this even happen?

Postby Sharkey » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:01 pm

I can't quite see the goal of that con, but props for trying to figure it out/fuck with them. At this point I'm apparently the go-to "Is this a scam?" guy for my entire fucking extended family on my mother's side, so I think I've seen most of them at this point. "He sent a cashier's check." "The check is fake." "But the bank took it!" "Yeah, and they'll un-take it in a couple weeks. Just don't give anybody any fucking money, alright?" On the plus side, I don't get any of this shit from my dad's side. They were all raised in the carny.

Thad

Postby Thad » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:39 pm

Related: the fuck-knuckle who told me my phone was disconnected once again E-Mailed me to tell me my phone was disconnected. I responded, hey guy, you know this is the third time you've sent me an E-Mail with that same lie at the top, right? Does everybody at your company do that, or is it just you, and can you please give me your supervisor's contact information so I can continue this conversation with him?

Unsurprisingly, he went quiet again. So I sent a message to the E-Mail on the company's contact page to ask the same question.

Likeliest outcome is, of course, that I'll never hear back from anybody, until he sends me the same E-Mail again around November. At which point I think I'll probably be all out of ethical objections to just putting his full name and E-Mail address in my blog post.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:36 am

Oh god. Job hunting is the woooorrsssttt

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:23 pm

My friend went to a 70's/80's dance bar that has actual car wash rollers installed for when they play Car Wash.

Also this bar was fucking nuts. Among the many weird things that they had, was that there was three of those "spinny" car wash towel things (one on each side of the dance floor and one on the ceiling). Obviously, they play the car wash song and all three moved out from their positions to be closer to everyone and then some kind of bubble machines just made an absolute shitton of bubbles and dumped them onto the ceiling thing which then just flung bubbles everywhere (like covered the dance area, but also just flung them to like every corner of the bar).

omgwtfbbqsrsly?

Healy

Postby Healy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:37 pm

Would dance at that bar.

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:43 am

you need all that equipment for cleaning up after It's Raining Men
the best kazz around

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:03 am

Seen yesterday in my neighbourhood: a tradesman van with "Manos: the Handyman" emblazoned on the side.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:51 pm

Our neighbourhood isn't that bad, as things go, but today I saw a shopping trolley with no wheels up on blocks at the side of the road.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:30 pm

Another fun sighting from the streets of Toronto: A massive old 80's land shark being driven by (of course) a little old lady. With plates that read '2 R MEME'.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:43 am

Today at work I am dressed up as Princess Daisy for Halloween. In case you don't know on regular days I wear lolita fashion. Scene is set.

A regular delivery guy came in to drop something off. First he laughed at my costume and said he'd been afraid I'd be wearing a white blouse and pleated skirt and saddle shoes. (???) Then he said he'd brought me a Halloween treat, and gave me a Lego guy. He told me it is a Steampunk Policeman (it is a regular policeman).

wat

François

Postby François » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:53 am

Why do i feel like this guy's been taking dating advice from Papyrus?

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:47 am

????????

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:26 pm

Accidentally broke my "ain't doing shit for Halloween" streak. Turns out a burgundy motorcycle jacket, satchel, and two day beard is very easily mistaken for a Star Lord costume. Kind of like how I've never cosplayed in my life, but still showed up in an anime convention photo gallery as "Lupin."

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:36 pm

Today I had to extract a hair from my chin because it was bothering me. Why? Because it was over half a millimetre thick.

I'm unsure if it's good or bad that my facial hair is SO DARNED MANLY that it's starting to cross the line from "hair" to "horns".

Büge

Postby Büge » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:52 pm

You need to keep that in a jar and charge two bits a gander.

François

Postby François » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:40 pm

I just noticed a glob of peanut butter on top of my modem.

I wish I had more details than that.