Weather

Büge

Re: Weather

Postby Büge » Sun May 07, 2017 10:20 pm

Mongrel wrote:We're in the middle of a stretch of about ten days non-stop rain (barring one clear day two days ago), fairly heavy at that.

For Toronto, this is insane. We don't (didn't?) have a monsoon season. Obviously there's flooding etc.

Coming up next: frost.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:01 am

At 7:30 am it was already so hot and muggy that walking to work was laboriously breathing soup while becoming drenched in sweat. And it's not even technically summer yet.

Grath

Postby Grath » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:39 am

Silversong wrote:At 7:30 am it was already so hot and muggy that walking to work was laboriously breathing soup while becoming drenched in sweat. And it's not even technically summer yet.

Oh but don't worry, climate change is a Chinese hoax.

It's been high-90s here, but thankfully that's supposed to break at least some and go down to a high of 71 on Friday.

Brentai
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brentai » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Sooooo uh how's it feel to get hit with the Light of Judgment, Thad?

I made the intelligent choice to plan a drive to Vegas this weekend but fortunately by then the worst of it will have passed (and it will simply be "very bad").

MarsDragon

Postby MarsDragon » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:13 pm

We're getting a heatwave here over the weekend. It might even hit 90F.

....I'm so glad I moved here.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:07 am

Woke up to sun-derstorms this morning, which was crazy. Also we're having a surprisingly mild weekend in the low 70s! Party at my place!

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:44 am

Twenty degree split all day every day. I need to design a system that drops heavier blankets on me throughout the night.

Grath

Postby Grath » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Silversong wrote:Woke up to sun-derstorms this morning, which was crazy. Also we're having a surprisingly mild weekend in the low 70s! Party at my place!

Tsunderestorms? It's not like it wanted to rain on you...

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:01 am

Brentai wrote:Sooooo uh how's it feel to get hit with the Light of Judgment, Thad?

I made the intelligent choice to plan a drive to Vegas this weekend but fortunately by then the worst of it will have passed (and it will simply be "very bad").

And I made the intelligent choice to take a vacation in Flagstaff this week.

Had it planned for weeks, actually (my first paid vacation in 10 years!); lucked into it coinciding with the aforementioned Light of Judgement. (Though it wound up not being as bad as the forecasts said. Tuesday was projected to tie the all-time record of 122 degrees; instead it was "only" 119.)

Flagstaff was hot for Flagstaff. It was in the 90s. (Flagstaff's all-time high is 97; it got as high as 92 this week.) I have never been in Flagstaff on a 90-degree day before, and now I've been there on four.

But our first day there, it did what it always used to do every afternoon in August when I'd move up there for the year: there was a light shower, followed by absolutely beautiful 70-degree weather for the rest of the day.

I fucking love Flagstaff. (Though I expect I would love it significantly less if I'd owned a car when I lived there, because driving around town there is terrible.)

Home now. Turned the AC down from 85 to 77 when we got in around 7 PM; it is now 10 and it's only gotten down to 81. (According to azcentral.com, it is currently 110 degrees out, but hey, it feels like it's only 106!) Also there was a fire right at the fucking Phoenix city limits that closed the I-17 and turned the 3-hour drive home into a 5-hour drive home.

But hey, we missed the 119-degree day. Tomorrow's forecast is 112, so...yay?

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:21 am

Silversong wrote:Woke up to sun-derstorms this morning, which was crazy. Also we're having a surprisingly mild weekend in the low 70s! Party at my place!

I was driving through some of those to my cousin's graduation in western NY. The sunlight makes visibility even worse!