HOW WAS YOUR DAY

Re: HOW WAS YOUR DAY

Postby Newbie » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:11 pm

I got to play real life jokeboat of my own last week (in that I was on a cruise and there were comedians on board). Since my other forum has integrated image hosting, I posted semi-daily update posts in a thread over there. I never had much interest in cruising in the first place, much less after seeing stuff like the "trapped on a cruise" episode of Bob's Burgers, but now that I've been on one... it was a pretty good time! I kind of want to do another one! Anyway, feel free to click the above link and marvel at how poorly I approach the subject of photography. (I don't take enough photos, and I'm not judicious enough about the photos I do take, so I have to make do with some real stinkers.)
tiny text

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:32 pm

Met George Takei last night. He held my hand for several seconds and then said it was "refreshing," which is a very polite way to say "very cold." He was very nice, and has more energy at 86 than I do at half that.

Büge

Postby Büge » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:43 pm

Oh my!

What was the occasion?

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:46 pm

He gave a talk at U-M, and as staff of a sponsoring unit I was able to snag a couple passes to the VIP reception.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:54 pm

>Silversong used CHARM
>It was very effective!

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:45 pm

oh man Silver that is AWESOME
ImageImageImage

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:18 pm

A total eclipse is damn cool. Even though I was still scared to look at it much. Walked around for a while afterwards saying "happy new year" to people.
Glad we didn't miss it but wow is traffic terrible today.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:38 pm

Yeah, just getting home inside the same town was a bit of a mess, can't imagine going between states.

It was worth it though. Every other eclipse in my life was just like "oh it got dark for a minute" but this was the first time I was like "oh, Berserk and Dark Souls got it right"

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:54 pm

Well the sun went away here, but we sacrificed a random guy on the street to Huitzilopochtli and the sun returned to us.

I'm pretty sure that's what you're supposed to do, right? I mean, it worked, obviously.

KingRoyal

Postby KingRoyal » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:05 pm

I most certainly did not panic, thinking our god had forsaken us and that the only path left was the path of blood, that's for sure
signature

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:11 pm

KingRoyal wrote:I most certainly did not panic, thinking our god had forsaken us and that the only path left was the path of blood, that's for sure

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:15 pm

We're on the path of totality so our whole city has been clamoring for people to buy glasses and make a whole event of it.
And yet, inevitably, I go outside to witness it at work and I get multiple messages "Hey, do you have glasses? Do you have any spares? No? Can I share yours?"
And a large crowd of sheepish looking adults gather around and silently hope I'll give my glasses to them.

Because obviously they do.

atog

Postby atog » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:22 pm

There's instructions on how to make a pinhole camera out of a timmies cup pretty much everywhere today.

It got dark af here. Not quite night, but close to dusk dark, which was noticeable even though we had overcast skies today.

The eastern horizon turned golden orange briefly, then brightened back to the usual Toronto shitty air quality yellow.

Also with my current Posts per page I always see Silver with George Takei at the top and it's amazing to come in here and see that. You lucky duck!
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:46 pm

I wasn't out looking at the sun, I had other stuff to do. But hey, check out this cool new houseplant I found.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:58 pm

I want to see more.

Niku

Postby Niku » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:36 pm

i got hit with an absolute hell-storm of thunder and rain right around the time of the eclipse so i got my night-during-the-day regardless of your Godhand shenanigans

Büge

Postby Büge » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:56 pm

Mongrel wrote:Well the sun went away here, but we sacrificed a random guy on the street to Huitzilopochtli and the sun returned to us.

did it have to be a random guy

couldn't you have dragged Doug Ford out of Queen's Park and slit him open with an obsidian knife, then fed his dismembered carcass to a passel of hogs

and then slaughtered and burned those hogs, for they had taken his evil into them

the ones that didn't eat him get to be the after-eclipse feast

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:58 pm

No worries, Huitzilopochtli's gonna have Dougie fried to a crisp if he ever appears in direct sunlight.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:20 pm

One of my oldest friends came from Vancouver for a week to visit friends and family. Said we was all gonna hang out on Thursday.

Wound up having an impromptu lunch with one of our gang, and then they both ran off. After we put aside the entire day to be ready for his flaky hipster ass to say when and where.

AND they had wings... I really would have liked to go, because the last wings I had were just terrible.

*shakes fist at cloud*