HOW WAS YOUR DAY

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: HOW WAS YOUR DAY

Postby Mongrel » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:55 am

Spent the night barfing my guts out (I virtually never throw up), from god knows what (not the bar mentioned above!). Better this morning, but still dare not eat anything solid.

That's the problem with going to a grade school three times a week and one to two hospitals three to four times a week; I'm like my own personal Patient Zero.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Last time I was at the clinic making sure a persistent cold wasn't anything worse, the doctor asked me if I had come into contact with anyone who might have been sick.

"I take public transportation to work... at a preschool."

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:33 pm

Oh yeah, I ride the subway too (which is literally sardine-space if you go during rush hour), forgot about that!

Feeling like I won't explode from both ends now at least. Can eat broth and soda crackers and such.

atog

Postby atog » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:03 pm

Our axle's broke, the oxen died
Somewhere west of Telluride
Now my pardner's got the runs
Is this how it all ends?
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:41 pm

Things learned after a morning with my three-year-old son and the Nerf arsenal:
    1) 1/2in PVC works... well enough for a blowgun with Accufakes, but could be better. I should consider either a printed choke or something to reduce the inner diameter.
    2) I should probably make Kiddo a boffer too so he stops whacking me in the shins with a lightsaber.
    3) The Sharpshooter II is not bad with Crayola barrels and Elite darts. Too hard for Kiddo to prime, though.
    4) A recent toddler-backed study finds the green ZombieStrike darts are made of "sticky stuff."
    5) Little fingers are great at removing the heads from Mega darts.
    6) Disc blasters are still fun.
    7) Eliminators are still kind of crappy.
    8) I should bolt a Jolt onto my Proton.
    9) Romo's vintage Bow and Arrow works just fine with Big Bad Bow arrows, and is scary with Elite darts.
    10) Yamix 12-dart mags seem to work okay, and look good in red and purple.
    11) The Rebelle Secret Shot actually works fine for Kiddo and looks rad if he puts it over his shoulder.
    12) I really need to work on those rice bag Stunners, if only for Kiddo to have something soft to throw at me for a change.

Also, completely without prompting, my boy looked out the upstairs window and said it looked pretty. It really is nice to have some clouds in the sky for a change.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:16 pm

Typhoid Mongrel here gave everyone else the crud.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:17 am

After a couple years of mostly not having migraines, my body has devised a new and exciting sort of migraine that is in a different part of my head and has lasted 5 days. x_x

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:44 pm

:(((((

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:20 am

Okay, now my headache has lasted 10 days. I spent a day in ER and they wanted to give me an MRI but I left first, and now my PCP won't order the MRI until maybe later, and I'm just sitting here terrified and feeling bad every day.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:29 pm

Where's the headache at, if I may ask? While I haven't suffered from anything I would consider a migraine in many years, I have become adjusted to regular forehead and whatever right behind the eyes is called pressure from just generally bad movement of all liquids and gases in that area.

I got a series of tests for new pains on the temples and around the ears that I eventually learned was a symptom of oral inflammation because I clench my teeth too much.

If it's in the crown to lower neck area, lemme know what they say, because my doctors are basically "idk, looks fine".

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:33 pm

For the first 6 or 7 days it was on the top back of my head, left side. Now it's just sort of encircling my whole head less painfully, mostly, also lower back head.
The stress and fear are what are really screwing me up, though. Stomach feels _awful_.

François

Postby François » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:32 pm

I'm sure there are worse moments to find out you're allergic to cinnamon flavoring, but if it's right after buying two pounds of cinnamon candy, it's still a bummer.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:29 pm

The last week or so I've been looking at how actually realistic it would be for me to get a new car. The financial power went to my head and I spent a few hours looking at real numbers for getting the absolute least expensive home anywhere on the island. I now understand why people will play the lottery every day.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:38 pm

Starr and I noticed something at the grocery store today. Couldn't find the "What is the saddest thing?" thread, but I guess that would have been some frozen-north (fantasy franchise of your choice) levels of necromancy.

Anyway: One-person, single-serving holiday pies.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:02 am

Getting an MRI wasn't actually that objectively bad. But I tensed up so hard that the entirety of my legs and arms "fell asleep" in that no-circulation way, took almost 10 minutes afterward to be able to use my hands. It's an unpleasant sensation to feel your entire body losing circulation while you're being told to remain motionless.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:01 pm

The prognosis must he pretty good if the worst result of the whole experience was in your extremities and not a result of your killer mutant brain

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:27 pm

R^2, yeah I now have it in writing that my brain is normal.

Today I learned that my travel coffee mug no longer has a seal. I learned the hard way. >_<

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:01 pm

"Doctors have assured my that there's nothing wrong with my brain. Anyway so today after I poured tea all over myself..."

mharr

Postby mharr » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:38 pm

You can run some really depraved software on any perfectly normal machine. Just saying.

Grath

Postby Grath » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:50 pm

Silversong wrote:R^2, yeah I now have it in writing that my brain is normal.

Today I learned that my travel coffee mug no longer has a seal. I learned the hard way. >_<

Wait, your brain is normal, not fringed with lace? Huh.