HOW WAS YOUR DAY

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: HOW WAS YOUR DAY

Postby Mongrel » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:48 pm

Er. Yikes.

I want to say I'm glad you were able to follow your trail of breadcrumbs home. But I'm not sure whatever was waiting for you makes it feel like that's true at the moment.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:04 pm

"You look fantastic!" Seemed like it might have been too over-the-top of a response to "you're looking good", but "...for someone who had two kids!" might have rubberbanded it a little too far back in the other direction.

Büge

Postby Büge » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:06 am

I've had a headache since last night and I stepped in a puddle of cat barf this morning.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:30 am

I noticed that the wiki pages for both Richard E. Byrd and Robert Peary have had their description changed at some point to state that they only claimed to have reached the North Pole, and that just makes me so, so unreasonably happy.

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:27 am

Things that have broken on me in the last 72 hours:
My car
My expensive audiophile headphones
My boss, who took a 4 day surprise vacation right when I needed to talk to him about a semi-urgent planning manner
My nice TV out in the living room
My mother's entire house (this was easily remedied, which made it worse. I was dragged out of bed 4 hours early and drove 40 miles to flip a goddamn breaker. I got home and sat down at my PC to cool off...)
My graphics card (it was a 1080 too... and new Monster Hunter and Warframe content this weekend...)
The friendly wall lizard that lived by my front door I named Fred (being eaten by the neighborhood outdoor cat, Tiger)
My second monitor (Discovered this right after digging up an old 760 got it into a working state)

... This is like, the most first world problems thing ever, but not having a second monitor after using two at home and work for years feels absolutely crippling.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Büge

Postby Büge » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:37 am

Geez, that's rough. I'm sorry, Defen.

Grath

Postby Grath » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:42 am

Defenestration wrote:My second monitor (Discovered this right after digging up an old 760 got it into a working state)

... This is like, the most first world problems thing ever, but not having a second monitor after using two at home and work for years feels absolutely crippling.

How do you survive with only two monitors? I'm running with four (plus an extra monitor or two when I'm working from home.)

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:27 pm

Aside from you guys being nuts about monitors, jeez that blows Defen.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:51 pm

Basically every deli on Long Island seems to get their crumb cake from the same bakery, and I really love it. It's fluffy with big 'ol crumbs and just melts in your mouth.

Today for the first time in ages I got myself a slice with lunch. Then right as I go to chomp into it the smell of freshly-used toilets down the hall wafts in and surrounds everything. I think the flavor may be ruined forever.

Büge

Postby Büge » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:01 pm

That reminds me of the time I had a cup of apple-cinnamon tea the same day that I came down with a nasty stomach flu.

Nothing puts you off the flavour of something quite like tasting it on the way back out.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:50 am

I just realized that as of this month, I've been using the same desktop keyboard for exactly twenty years now.

Everything else from that first computer is long, long gone, but this ancient IBM beast soldiers on. Shit, even the letters are all still clear. There's only minor fading on the O and the A.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:32 pm

For the third time in my life I am attempting to learn to swim via formal lessons.

Already not looking so good. First day... still haven't learned a damn thing. All these years and I still can't even manage a dead man's float.

Only six people in the class but I can reliably say that three of us were in no way better off than when we started and two of rest already knew how to swim and just had a lower opinion of their skills than was really deserved.

Instructor is some high-school/college kid pro-swimmer hopeful who really doesn't understand anything about actual instruction and is there because hey easy paycheque amirite? Doesn't get in the water at all, spent most of the class talking to the one guy who was a fast learner, then denied it when I talked to her afterwards to ask about help.

I don't mind someone not being great at their job, but don't fucking tell me how awesome you are when you're not even meeting the most basic benchmark.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:44 pm

Today was interesting... the next-day newsworthy aftermath of "Punch-out at the Elementary Corral" is even weirder when you weren't there for the main event.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Our ragey downstairs neighbour who enjoys pounding walls etc. to vent his spleen is having a pound/stomp wall war with some other neighbour adjacent to or below him and it's fucking hilarious.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:54 am

Seen yesterday at the pet store:

OH COME ON.

Niku

Postby Niku » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:18 pm

pumpkin is good for dogs though

i mean maybe not nutmeg and cinnamon but actual pumpkin is

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:23 pm

The eternal debate between whether "pumpkin spice" means "pumpkin flavor with spices" or "flavored with the kind of spices you'd put with pumpkin".

Niku

Postby Niku » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:23 pm

la colombe's pumpkin coffee made with actual pumpkin puree was a revelation

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:29 pm

Some random idiot drunk-called at 11 pm to lowball me on an old moped I'm trying to sell.

Now he's drunk-texting our landline repeatedly.

This is still funny... for now...

EDIT: Okay it's not funny anymore. At least he stopped when I called and told him he was trying to text a landline.

EDIT 2: Belatedly.

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:29 am

How can you tell when your landline is receiving texts?