HOW WAS YOUR DAY

Brentai
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: HOW WAS YOUR DAY

Postby Brentai » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:49 pm

Had my last bit of dental work done. I have no more dental work that needs to be done at this time, outside of regular cleanings and checkups.

That's kind of a really big deal to me.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:08 am

I know a hardcore doctrinal anarchist. He's a douchebag who's WAY too fond of hiding behind large words (it's so bad that literally everyone who knows him straight-up calls him out on this), but he can be interesting to talk to sometimes anyway. Today he decided to insult me by calling me a "Trotskyite ideologue" (I did not mention Trotsky and I'm pretty sure I've never even read the man's writing).

I feel like I should be marking that off on a scoreboard somewhere or something.

Or maybe taking a glove off and slapping him with it? But maybe that's too bourgeois.

TA

Postby TA » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:15 am

If you don't want to be bourgeois, I believe the proletariat-preferred method of correction is glassing.

François

Postby François » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:38 am

Fundamentalists of all stripes see opposing fundamentalists everywhere. It's part of the worldview. Anyone who isn't on your side is explicitly trying to destroy you. There's no sense in being on your guard 24/7 if you're not constantly surrounded by enemies, is there? It's best to let them know you know what they are and that you're not going down without a fight.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:59 am

Really, I just thought it was funny. Not quite Haddockian in it's absurdity, but silly enough to elicit a belly laugh from me.

Brentai
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brentai » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:03 am

Somewhere a box is checked off for "Haddockian".

François

Postby François » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:24 am

Well yeah, the words themselves are their own special kind of special. I guess what struck me most is that he decided to insult you in the first place.

TA

Postby TA » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:42 am

(srsly tho glass the fucker)

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:34 am

François wrote:Well yeah, the words themselves are their own special kind of special. I guess what struck me most is that he decided to insult you in the first place.

Oh, haha, he does that to anyone who confronts his worldview. He's his own echo chamber.

He's about as bad as the absolute worst conservative ideologues, but given the semi-moribund state of the left and the fact that the right wing has been winning most of the real battles, he's a lot less threatening.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:44 pm

Leaving the deli at lunch I almost walked into a small, cute girl wearing a really nice sundress. The sudden, unexpected encounter lead to me thinking "excuse me" and verbalizing "daaaaayum gurl".

I didn't realize it until I got back into the van either, so I couldn't even play it off as actually being a confident flirter.

MarsDragon

Postby MarsDragon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:04 pm

I got my stitches out! I think the base of my finger looks fucked up, Medical Professionals assure me that it is supposed to be like that and looks great. There's lingering stiffness and pain if I try to stretch or curl my middle finger, but the same Medical Professionals tell me that will go away in time.

The cyst was 8mm in diameter, which is apparently huge. Checking a ruler, I guess it is pretty big for something that was hanging out inside my finger. Either way, it's gone now! And hopefully will not be coming back!

Niku

Postby Niku » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:49 pm

Finally finished moving all my crap from the apartment to the new rent house.

Now to spend the next year gradually unpacking it.

TedBelmont

Postby TedBelmont » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:32 am

My niece found a dog yesterday.

From the looks of him(that picture was taken after a bath and some grooming) he'd been wandering for a while. He was extremely dirty, covered in cockleburrs, stickers, bug bites, and ticks. I picked about two dozen ticks off him last night, and found another half dozen crawling around this morning. So that was fun.

My sister is coming down Saturday for Fourth of July stuff, so she's possibly going to take him then. I've already checked with the police and looked at every lost dog site I could find, including craigslist, facebook, and twitter, and haven't found anyone looking for him. My guess is, he was dumped. It happens a lot around here.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:35 pm

I want that doggy. ;_;

TedBelmont

Postby TedBelmont » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:06 pm

We found his owners! I filed a found dog report with the sheriff's office yesterday, and I got a call tonight from them. Apparently they also have a Great Pyrenees who likes to roam pretty far from home, and yesterday this little guy(whose name is Bear) went out with him and couldn't find his way back. The spot where my niece found him is about 10 miles from where they live. They just came to pick him up a few minutes ago, which is great, because one thing I've definitely come to realize over the past day is THREE DOGS IS TOO MUCH.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:53 am

What did the owners look like? I get the feeling they're pretty shitty at looking after their dog if he was filthy and covered in ticks.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:43 am

He was a long way from home. Here in the Wisconsin/Illinois area if you walk in the woods for like 15 minutes you have to deal with the dozen or so ticks you're going to find on your person, never mind a 10 miles from where you live walk.

ocksi

Postby ocksi » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:54 am

Mothra wrote:What did the owners look like? I get the feeling they're pretty shitty at looking after their dog if he was filthy and covered in ticks.
On the one hand, yes. On the other, they were crawling, so they were new and any wooded area in July is just The City.

TedBelmont

Postby TedBelmont » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:49 am

Yeah, his owners looked like good people. I honestly believe that all the stuff I washed/pulled off of him was just accumulated while he was wandering. None of the ticks on him were gorged, and the daughter that came with her mom said something about having to switch to a different tick treatment because obviously the one they used wasn't working.

Healy

Postby Healy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:22 am

Tonight me and my dad went out to see fireworks by the lake. We got there pretty early, so we got to watch the sunset on the beach, and just before it got dark enough for fireworks, all the boats out were lit up, so that was a pretty sight too.