Shittier Days

Hardly Ideal

Re: Shittier Days

Postby Hardly Ideal » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:46 pm

Mothra wrote:It's impossible to know what someone is thinking when they decide to take their own life. Everyone I've known that's gone through the experience of having a relative or friend commit suicide has ended up looking at it from every conceivable angle, and come away with the same answer - "We'll never know why"

What he said. I'm not going to get into it much, but my family had something similar happen some months back. There was definitely that "how could you do this to us" kind of anger involved, but my wife also made the point that for the guy who shot himself, it was inarguably the worst day of his life.

It's also worth remembering that there's not really a right or wrong way to mourn, especially in a situation this fucked up. Anyone who says otherwise might have watched too many movies.
Image: Mention something from public radio
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Thad

Postby Thad » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:28 pm

Aw hell. Sorry to hear that, Caithness, and my condolences to you and your family.

Kfroog

Postby Kfroog » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:25 pm

I, on the other hand, cried for the first time today at the viewing. His father is taking it real hard, and it's tough to see someone in that much pain.