State of the World (A Bitchin' Thread by Any Definintion)

sei

State of the World (A Bitchin' Thread by Any Definintion)

Postby sei » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:30 pm

ITT we ineffectually shake our canes at the sky, from the rocking chairs atop our collapsing porches, over how they world has changed.

Fuck unnecessary video guides.

So many information-poor, god damned videos without accompanying text. At least wordy text-based guides are amenable to skimming (to say nothing of intelligent use of ctrl+f). YouTube has put in some cool frame preview tools and everything, but it's still too much work, especially when the only links to actual fucking information are on a couple frames sandwiched between 10+ minutes of some cocksucker's droning on either side.

D3 build? Cool. Link the profile or a screenshot of it. I don't want to know your name. I just want dense info.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: State of the World (A Bitchin' Thread by Any Definintion

Postby IGNORE ME » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:32 pm

It occurred to me the other day that as the pace of our world increases, more and more people seem to want to convey meaningful information in the slowest possible way.

(Meaningless information is, of course, now highly condensed and incredibly frequent.)

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:47 pm

I pray the major collapse will come after I'm dead, but figure it'll come when I'm too old to do anything but get mashed by [whatever] and die in a hovel.

My work history means I may die in a hovel even without a major global crisis, but you know, reading the news papers doesn't make me feel any better!!!!!!!

It's like being Ozymandias retarded younger brother.I can watch the TVs and just drool a lot.

sei

Postby sei » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Brentai wrote:It occurred to me the other day that as the pace of our world increases, more and more people seem to want to convey meaningful information in the slowest possible way.

(Meaningless information is, of course, now highly condensed and incredibly frequent.)

People's path between ideas is indirect. So, they deluge the world with a winding stream-of-consciousness instead of anything concise. Can't tell whether they're too lazy, busy, ineloquent, ignorant, self-absorbed, or merely wildly different from one another to better prepare ideas for others' consumption.

In any case, this springs to mind:
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Blaise_Pascal wrote:I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time.