Depression Quest

nosimpleway

Re: Depression Quest

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:28 pm

I thought Brent's "X" stood for "shipped with".

Thad

Postby Thad » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:39 pm

I thought Thad just didn't know how to sign his name.

Classic

Postby Classic » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:35 pm

I thought it was meant to symbolize how, as a QA professional, he felt he had been robbed of his sense of personhood.

Kayma

Postby Kayma » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:48 pm

Mongrel wrote:I didn't say anything earlier, but yeah, BB's post is probably the best in the thread. I think a lot of folks do similar things at least once in a while, but are more willing to rationalize it away with one excuse or other.

Just catching up now (john arbuckle bleeding eyes), but yeah way to be real BB.

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:39 am

So /v/ had a moment of clarity and decided to make a group donation to a charity that Zoe Quinn was accused of steamrolling, The Fine Young Capitalists' Game Jam for Women. They ended up donating so much that they got to submit a character to appear in one of the games. Contrary to pretty much everyone's thoughts, on purpose, they created "A generic female gamer. Everyone will be expecting LOLMEMES or pedocrap and we'll give them just a normal human being." (URL is to the twitter account of The Fine Young Capitalists) (Her name is Vivian James, a corruption of "vidya gaems")

The account for the indiegogo was hacked into, defaced, and ultimately cancelled.

/v/ is angry(er than usual), TFYCapitalists are rightfully upset, and generally this entire mess has taken a turn for the extremely ugly. This post appeared on 4chan literally 20-30 minutes before eveyrthing went to shit, but that stands an equal chance being actually that person as it does being someone playing a goof and getting insanely lucky with timing.

This shit is ugly beyond all reasonable doubt. Just as one side managed to literally go "Hey wait, being drooling ogres isn't solving anything, what if we try a positive message", everything gets set on fire again.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:49 am

Guys, I found a way out of this mess.

Bal

Postby Bal » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:47 am

I don't give a shit who Zoe Quinn fucks. I DO give a shit if her business ethics are fucking horrific. I care about this industry because I care about playing games, and if half of the purely business related things she's being accused of are true than she should be held responsible and suffer whatever consequences may come. Unfortunately this is a completely incomprehensible shitstorm that was long ago hijacked by people on both sides with agendas that have at best a tangential interest in what's actually happening in this specific case.

My only hope regarding an outcome at this point is that the extreme ends of both sides are seen to be insane, and permanently excluded from rational discourse on gender issues going forward.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:32 pm

Getting the extremists to shut the fuck up is the holy grail of every rational activist ever.

Overcome your friends and your enemies will naturally follow.

Z%rø

Postby Z%rø » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:04 pm

I was unaware that the indiegogo was cancelled until just now. That's just tragic.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:07 pm

Wow, that is just disgusting.

François

Postby François » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:17 pm

If you sincerely believe that any cause which you may defend, no matter how petty or noble, is not in some proportion defended also by a number of idiots and assholes, then you are probably one of them.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:56 pm

Ziiro wrote:I was unaware that the indiegogo was cancelled until just now. That's just tragic.

Wow okay, that's pretty bullshit. What the hell kind of grounds would IGG even give for that?

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:57 am

IGG page is back up. Full explination is that someone just straight up hacked into one of the people's pages, defaced everything, and IGG shut it all down as a preventative measure. A few normal security jumps later, and everything was back online.

4chan's current contribution level is $13,000, and keeps rising.

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:52 am

So all this kerfuffle is leading to 4chan to conclude feminism is not an unified force working against them in all respects?

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:04 pm

Well, no, Mr Bearded Man, it sometimes takes 4chan a few days to keep a thought long enough to form a coherent thought and-

Is that a ponytail?

Zara you really need to take your friend to the hairdresser, the ponytail makes him look really douchey