Depression Quest

nosimpleway

Re: Why did this even happen?

Postby nosimpleway » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:41 am

It is entirely possible that terrible things happen to people who are themselves terrible, because in my experience terrible things happen to everyone. No one involved here is particularly trustworthy, from the accused to the accuser.

TedBelmont

Postby TedBelmont » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:47 am

It doesn't matter how terrible she is, it doesn't matter if she fucked the entire Kotaku staff in a week-long cocaine-fueled orgy. This is a harassment campaign based on personal relationship issues made public for revenge, plain and simple, and if you think defending that kind of behavior is the moral high ground, then you are The Problem.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:18 pm

zaratustra wrote:
Disposable Ninja wrote:she literally fucked a journalist writing about her.

If this was the entirety of the causes levied, then yes, I would really have liked to discuss that.

But the very post that brought up the accusations was a sort of butthurt dwelling into intimacy only the most jilted of ex-boyfriends can perform. That wasn't an accusation of corruption, it was an open attempt to get the howler monkeys on her back screeching SLUT all the way.

And because of that - because the gaming community can't discuss the grownup problems like grownups, they have to brand a fucking scarlet letter at first provocation - is why, out of the two possibilities of --

1) a woman having her internet accounts hacked because the internet is horrible
2) a woman posting her family's personal info online in an attempt to garner sympathy

-- considering number 2 would be ridiculous, let alone defending it as more probable than 1.

Occam's razor is also tilted pretty hard in favour of #1, FWIW.

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:30 pm

If she and her family is, in fact, being doxed, then that is indeed completely unacceptable. I would never dream of defending anyone who would do that.

But holy shit do I not care about her ex-boyfriend. I don't care about her infidelity. If she cheated on her boyfriend with her gardener, I can't imagine anyone would actually give a flying fuck, and I'd be right up there with you saying that this is all completely stupid and no ones business but hers and his. But she didn't sleep with her Gardener. Her actions are the very reason people treat women entering into predominantly male-dominated cultures and careers with trepidation. She is the living validation of negative stereotypes. She has single-handedly and irreparably damaged the reputation of every single person she has a professional relationship with, of every single person who leapt to her defense.
For the White Witch!

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:41 pm

Disposable Ninja wrote:Her actions are the very reason people treat women entering into predominantly male-dominated cultures and careers with trepidation. She is the living validation of negative stereotypes. She has single-handedly and irreparably damaged the reputation of every single person she has a professional relationship with, of every single person who leapt to her defense.

Wow uh okay. Shut it all down, no more women allowed, no one's allowed to use glue anymore. She ruined it.

TedBelmont

Postby TedBelmont » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:45 pm

Weird how no one's talking about how awful the dudes implicated in this are, or how they're ruining gaming for men. Quite odd, that. Almost like they're treated like real people instead of representatives for their entire gender.

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:49 pm

At least all of these brave internet men aren't sleeping around and sullying the good name of men everywhere.

Joke about virgins goes here.

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:13 pm

TedBelmont wrote:Weird how no one's talking about how awful the dudes implicated in this are, or how they're ruining gaming for men. Quite odd, that. Almost like they're treated like real people instead of representatives for their entire gender.

Oh, cool. We've moved on to the meta-game portion now, my favorite part, where we can analyze each other's arguments for what we didn't say and then use that against each other by fabricating terrible and morally bankrupt arguments and stances and then attribute them to the opponent so that we may more easily take them down a peg. Okay, let me give it a shot!

By not demanding that Zoe Quinn be held accountable for her actions -- which include, by the way, doxing, establishing campaigns to harass people on the Internet, and sexually assaulting someone at a wedding -- you don't believe women are equal to men because you sure as fuck would, and do seem to be, holding men to these standards.

Was that inflammatory enough?

ADDENDUM: I do not actually believe that that is your opinion. I am not trying to hurt your feelings or make you angry. The point of this post was to demonstrate to you what I feel you were doing to me.
For the White Witch!

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:54 pm

Also, is there a source on this stuff about her family's information being posted, because this is the only place I've heard about it.
For the White Witch!

Classic

Postby Classic » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:03 pm

:-(
It is tough for me to take this:
Disposable Ninja wrote:If she and her family is, in fact, being doxed, then that is indeed completely unacceptable. I would never dream of defending anyone who would do that.

But holy coconut do I not care about her ex-boyfriend. I don't care about her infidelity.

At face value when you also posted this:
Disposable Ninja wrote:No, Zoe Quinn is a sack of coconut. There's way too much coconut against her. And no, this isn't a private matter -- she moist fucked a journalist writing about her. That's pretty much the definition of corruption right there. ...
Her cheating with multiple people including her married boss also speaks to her character. ... And she getting to do this by fucking people and fucking other people over.

Where the omissions include you suggesting that Quinn isn't honest and should not be taken at face value.

I'm sure you feel she's got other crimes under her belt that don't involve a paramour or trading sex to get something, but these are the "crimes" you've brought into focus for me in an attempt to justify assuming all of her other claims of harassment as false.

Classic

Postby Classic » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Disposable Ninja wrote:Was that inflammatory enough?

ADDENDUM: I do not actually believe that that is your opinion. I am not trying to hurt your feelings or make you angry. The point of this post was to demonstrate to you what I feel you were doing to me.

These statements are incongruous and suggest that maybe some time to breathe are in order. Also, I daresay you're hella missing the point of the comments you're objecting to.

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:13 pm

How is it contradictory? Her being a serial adulterer, by itself, is not for me to judge, but it does speak volumes about her character (bear in mind, in the past she has compared cheating with rape, IE your partner is not making informed consent), and when looked alongside the numerous other allegations against her, it paints a very vivid picture of who she is as a person.

Also, looked into it: the phone numbers that the hackers posted lead to a Hawaii, her 'own' phone number being a motorcycle shop. She lives in Boston.
For the White Witch!

Classic

Postby Classic » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:27 pm

When you say "adultery" "speaks volumes about her character" you are judging. That is exactly what you are doing. You are being a judgy mcjudgerson. A McJudgeovich. A Don Judge. A JudgermannDeJudgeYous.

TedBelmont

Postby TedBelmont » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:06 pm

Also a hearty lol at people suddenly caring about journalistic integrity in video game news

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Classic wrote:When you say "adultery" "speaks volumes about her character" you are judging. That is exactly what you are doing. You are being a judgy mcjudgerson. A McJudgeovich. A Don Judge. A JudgermannDeJudgeYous.

... Okay, whatever. You win, I'm judging her. She's a fucking hypocrite and she uses men in a way that could be described "systematic".

Classic wrote:Also, I daresay you're hella missing the point of the comments you're objecting to.

She's cheated on her boyfriend with five-six men, very possibly more, all of which with the explicit desire to further her own career. She had a charity designed to help women get into game design shut down. She sexually assaulted a person at a wedding. She's faked being the victim of harassment, hacking and doxing on the Internet -- twice. She's organized harassment campaigns of her own against her detractors and anyone she just didn't like, and has even had said individuals doxed. She's had videos on Youtube about her taken down by claiming, fraudulently, copyright. And she's raking in cash through donations as we speak on her Patreon account.

What exactly are you defending?
For the White Witch!

Grath

Postby Grath » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

TedBelmont wrote:Also a hearty lol at people suddenly caring about journalistic integrity in video game news

Even more lols, when it's journalistic integrity on Kotaku.

TedBelmont

Postby TedBelmont » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:17 pm

Disposable Ninja wrote:
Classic wrote:When you say "adultery" "speaks volumes about her character" you are judging. That is exactly what you are doing. You are being a judgy mcjudgerson. A McJudgeovich. A Don Judge. A JudgermannDeJudgeYous.

... Okay, whatever. You win, I'm judging her. She's a fucking hypocrite and she uses men in a way that could be described "systematic".

Classic wrote:Also, I daresay you're hella missing the point of the comments you're objecting to.

She's cheated on her boyfriend with five-six men, very possibly more, all of which with the explicit desire to further her own career. She had a charity designed to help women get into game design shut down. She sexually assaulted a person at a wedding. She's faked being the victim of harassment, hacking and doxing on the Internet -- twice. She's organized harassment campaigns of her own against her detractors and anyone she just didn't like, and has even had said individuals doxed. She's had videos on Youtube about her taken down by claiming, fraudulently, copyright.

What exactly are you defending?

I've seen the error of my ways, DN, and you are absolutely right. People need to be protected from this monster. Perhaps we could figure out some way to mark her, so people know what she did. Maybe a letter or something.

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:20 pm

Ah, yes. How about a scarlet 'D', for how she puts people god damned personal information on the god damned internet
For the White Witch!

TedBelmont

Postby TedBelmont » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:22 pm

And that makes it okay to do the same to her? Or is it that combined with all the sexy sex she's having, the dirty sexhaver.

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:23 pm

SHE WAS NEVER DOXED

THE FUCKING PHONE NUMBERS WERE RANDOM NUMBERS THAT WENT TO HAWAII
For the White Witch!