X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Copen

Re: Hot Tweets Cool Treats

Postby Copen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:57 am

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:10 am

I don't get what about this tweet was a funny joke? Or was it the video of the bigot you posted after the tweet that was the joke?

Copen

Postby Copen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:12 am

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:12 pm

I rather think you should.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:23 pm

Yeah, why exactly is your go-to reaction vid a clip from a neonazi?

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:39 pm

I sure am glad people have focussed on the reaction clip featuring JonTron. Once that's taken care of we'll be back to 100% quality posts.

Copen

Postby Copen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:17 pm

I'm sorry that I posted a reaction video featuring such a horrible and awful man. To make things right I would like to extend the offer to kill myself to restore my honor. At first I thought nothing of the post, but seeing your reactions to it has really made me want to take this action, so if need be I am willing to jump out my apartment window. Please let me know if this will help, as I believe it is the only suitable reaction to what I have done.

Edit: Also, if one of you fine examples of perfection can link me to a list of socially acceptable reaction videos I would be eternally grateful.

François

Postby François » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:56 pm

We don't want you to die, we want you to Do Better, and threatening to kill yourself in response to negative reactions after (inadvertently?) posting something offensive is not that.

You've come a long way. Don't start bunny-hopping backwards. You've got this.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:13 pm

Precisely. You fucked up, but not massively so.

Everybody fucks up sometimes. You just need to answer for it - no need for sarcastic overreaction.

Copen

Postby Copen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:24 pm

Well, thank you, everyone. I've figured out a way to fix this error, and have implemented it.

mharr

Postby mharr » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:45 pm

What is it you want from this community, Copen? Mostly it looks like your goal is to needle them into snapping at you so you can be a martyr about it.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:54 pm

I like it, now that we've moved into the post-satire era I'm not as sure he isn't legitimately trying as I was last time he was exactly like this.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:55 pm

Sooooooo I banned him again.

He hasn't really done anything wildly wrong, I just generally don't think it's working out and it's not helping anyone to keep trying.

Sora, maybe give Talking Time a shot, then just try a bunch of other communities. You'll find a good fit if you keep at it, but this ain't it.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:21 pm

Guys we were all hot farts once too we just cooled down. How much longer will we last if we let these winds of change just blow through?

Can we at least get like a Sub-Basement 2 closed forum for anyone who isn't a bot but is just as entertaining?

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:25 pm

I'm all for some good drama but god damn if this here wasn't some ass-level bottom-of-the-barrel youtube-comment-section level biz.

I'm sure we'll get a more interesting troll somewhere down the line.

mharr

Postby mharr » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:19 pm

Oh. Um. I won't pretend my post wasn't driven by annoyance, but it was a genuine question. Good luck out there man, try not to get dragged into anything that only cares about you as a foot soldier.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:38 pm

Just fyi my main complaint was the complete lack of joke in his tweet AND the clear promotion of his own twitter, the jtron reaction video was just icing on the cake. This topic is about funny shit you find on twitter, not grinding your axe about game devs. We've got an entire forum designated for that.

Also how many times do we have to tell one person to stop displaying their, either support, or blatant indifference to bigots and bigoted ideology? Even if he claimed ignorance as a defense (its not and never should be) we've been telling him for weeks to slow his fucking roll and the biggest reaction we've gotten out of him is him asking to change the subject instead of engaging himself in his own beliefs. At this point I believe he doesn't want to learn and has no will to change and frankly I don't have time for that kind of bullshit in my life right now.

I feel bad for the kid, his life is clearly in a bad place right now, its also none of our responcibility to work him through his problems.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:03 pm

When your response to being called out or criticized in any way about your bad behavior is to inform everyone who criticized you that hey, doing that makes me want to kill myself, just so you know, then just fuck off. Fuck off completely with that manipulative bullshit.

Spewing blatant, uninteresting self-promotion everywhere is just standard operating procedure for this asshole.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:33 pm

Seemed like he'd learned a bit better when he first came back, but the past few weeks, yeah, he's been more likely to get all defensive than to listen.

I dunno if I would have banned him (he still doesn't seem like a lost cause), but I sure can't blame anyone here who doesn't want to spend any more time or energy dealing with him, much less Mothra for pulling the trigger.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:42 pm

Anyways

I'm calling it: DocFuture has the best twitter on twitter.