2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby IGNORE ME » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:09 am

There is a door that exists only for you. Yes, you.

I cannot tell you where it is. It may be inches from your face, or it may be very, very far away. There may be countless obstacles between you and the door, or it may simply be standing there, waiting for you to simply reach forward and open it.

This door is available to you now, in this year. There is no guarantee that you will reach it, but there is a dead certainty that it exists, and that it is possible to get to.

If you should pass through this door, it will shut behind you forever. You will not be able to go back to where you were before, but you will be in a new place - somewhere that you couldn't see before, or get to before, but are now able to do so. It may be a good place or a bad place, but it will not be the same place.

The door exists only for you, and it is waiting.

Where is your door, and where does it lead to?

beatbandito

Re: 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby beatbandito » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:41 am

my door appears when I pick up the last key, and takes me to the next level

Classic

Postby Classic » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:45 pm

I feel like just answering a question this heavy counts as a door.
I'd better get to power-philosophy-lifting if I want to get this question answered.

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:18 am

I don't know. And there may be more than one. Or they may not be this year at all, but I'm going to do my best to see that they are.

One is something creative that I enjoy doing and that people will be willing to pay me money for. Preferably enough money to live on. I don't know what it is, exactly -- a game, more audiobooks, something I write. Best way to find out what it is is to try all that stuff. I've got the mic set up but my voice has been hoarse for weeks; I think tomorrow I'll schedule that trip to the allergist that I had to put off until my new insurance kicked in.

The other? We still want to adopt kids. Hopefully we'll get to where my income is stable enough that we can actually start the process this year, though that's still likely to mean it'll be 2 years before anything happens. Still, I think filling out the initial paperwork still qualifies as a door.

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:52 am

My door just has "Friday" written on it and returns me to when I was still trailing the man in black through the desert
ImageImageImage

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:13 pm

I am playing more music, and perhaps finishing more sewing projects. Reclaiming skills that I worked too hard to acquire to let slip away.
Last year, I changed jobs and moved across state. I don't expect 2015 to have doors, perhaps just archways.

Healy

Postby Healy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:10 am

In 2015 I want to be less of a flake. That's it, basically.

Classic

Postby Classic » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:29 am

That is a wicked flakey goal Healy.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:37 am

This might sound like a bit of a stupid goal but my goal is to actually start and finish some LPs. William wants me to help him with his LP channel but I'm basically the least motivated LPer of all time. I just have to figure out something that works for me, but I don't think anyone will watch my 1000+ episode LP of Football Manager 2015 or KSP. Still, I'll figure it out.

Healy

Postby Healy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:03 pm

Classic wrote:That is a wicked flakey goal Healy.

Well I don't exactly know where to start. I'm supposed to get a referral to a psychiatrist from my doctor any day now, but I last saw her around November so who knows when that will be.

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:39 pm

My first step is to sign up for Medicaid.

Cthulhu-chan

Postby Cthulhu-chan » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:20 am

Friday wrote:My door just has "Friday" written on it and returns me to when I was still trailing the man in black through the desert

Same.

You can probably understand my confusion.

LaserBeing

Postby LaserBeing » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:31 pm

Oh man, memories.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Well my first night of the new year back at my apartment I was greeted (at ten at night on a Sunday) by my landlord telling me in a very roundabout way that they were kicking my out and keeping the security deposit. Because after going into my apartment while I wasn't there they learned that I let the rats run around on one of my (as in: I own it and transported it here) table tops.

So that's a fun start.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:13 pm

Time to call the local tenants org, I guess.

What timetable did he give you?

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:27 pm

Until the end of the rent month, 15 days from now. Things may end up going down differently because I'm pretty heavily convinced they screwed with my hot water, but the plan is to see if they change their minds in that window. If not than on the twentieth I'll inform them how in NY you need at least 30 days of notice even in month-to-month with no lease. From there they can take all the legal action they want, but the deeper they dig the more fines they'll be getting for having an illegal apartment.

I've already started looking for new places and packed up all my valuables to leave at the office while I'm at work. Even if they decide they were being hotheaded/idiotic I don't feel comfortable here anymore.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:35 pm

K, sounds like you got it in hand. I can't imagine NY not having at least half decent tenant protection, but considering they just barged in without your being around (if there's a landlord no-no, it's that!), yeah I would secure your stuff.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:41 pm

I always forget to update my original frustration posts for big deals.

So a few days after the original confrontation a note was left for me. It was MUCH less aggressive and offered me the ability to stay if I get rid of the rats or agree to twice-a-week "checks" on my apartment. That night I sent a text to the landlord asking if we could sit down to talk about it on Saturday morning. He informed me he had an appointment at 8:45 but would be available "later". With that we agreed to talk on Saturday and left it there.

Saturday came and the whole family leaves the house at about 9:15. At 12:30 I start sending texts asking if he knows about when they'll be back because I need to leave to go to my mom's (as I have every weekend / day off for about a month) with no response. Two more texts and an hour later they finally come back. My final text is a request for any response so we can try and talk before I leave. Half-an-hour later I leave.

There has been no attempt at contact from their side, and I certainly haven't been looking for the second confrontation, but have been ready for it since then. Today rent was due and there's still no word from them. I can only hope this means they'll completely ignore me, having learned that they are 100% in the wrong and have given me evidence to support that, until I leave sometime around Feb. 20th.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:54 pm

Final update?

Landlord finally called me, I invited him up and we talked about what has happening. He was as agreeable as usual and the only real response to my points was "well I have to talk to my wife". Which is the last thing that happened before the original blow up, but there's way less yelling going on down there then there was that time, so that's a good sign I guess.

The winning quote from the landlord "wow, thirty days [until I move out]? That's pretty short notice" in regards to finding a new tenant. Reminder: he original gave me 15 days to find A PLACE TO LIVE.