Everyone hates shy people

Spram

Everyone hates shy people

Postby Spram » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:54 pm

So I go work as a freelancer on this fancy company and some people tried to talk to me and I talk to them and I don't know what it was that I said but they just stop talking to me and look at me like if I told them to go fuck their mothers or something. This has happened all my life. I don't know what I'm doing, I assume it's idiots that can't tell the difference between shyness/social anxiety and being an asshole like if they had anything in common. if anything, assholes never shut up. If someone doesn't talk then that person is shy (unless they're only not talking to you, but I barely talked to anyone unless I had to and even then I was obviously nervous).

Thad

Re: Everyone hates shy people

Postby Thad » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:57 pm

Sorry, Spram. Hopefully if you hang in there they'll work out that you just have trouble talking to people.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:59 pm

That really does suck, dude. :/

Like Thad says, after you've been around a bit long they may well figure it out.

TedBelmont

Postby TedBelmont » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:12 pm

I've dealt with extreme shyness / possible undiagnosed social anxiety pretty much my whole life, and a lot of my friends have told me I seemed really stuck up when they first met me. So it does suck, but you just gotta keep at it, and hopefully they'll realize that you're making an effort to reach out!

Spram

Postby Spram » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:48 pm

TedBelmont wrote:I've dealt with extreme shyness / possible undiagnosed social anxiety pretty much my whole life, and a lot of my friends have told me I seemed really stuck up when they first met me.

That does not compute. People who think they're superior are the first ones who never shut up. This is unfair.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:03 pm

i think he means like, nose up 'too cool for school' superior.

TedBelmont

Postby TedBelmont » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:48 pm

Yeah, pretty much. Which is totally untrue!