Thing to do on The Internet

beatbandito

Thing to do on The Internet

Postby beatbandito » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:51 pm

I've basically forgotten how to properly use the internet for entertainment. When I find myself poking around on my phone for too long and run out of new Cracked articles and new posts here I tend to get lost.

There's always randomly poking around reddit, or god-forbid 4chan if I get desperate. Sometimes I'll end up in a weird rabbit hole that ends with me on a website that's basically yelp for rub-n-tugs, but I don't really have anything more concrete to keep me busy for a while.

So, nerds, how do you kill time / learn things with just a web browser and a wish?

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: Thing to do on The Internet

Postby Mothra » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:46 pm

When I'm on the train or something I usually just cycle through Tumblr, NPR, a bunch of random fanfics, here, SelectButton.net, The Onion, and eventually just an eBook on my phone.

On the "distractions" monitor at work, it's usually some article, an episode of something off The JAD, Game Grumps, RedLetterMedia, or Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:49 pm

Also I've started regularly checking up on Drew Magary's stuff on Deadspin since I read that book by him that Ocksi recommended.

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:10 pm

I've got a bunch of RSS subscriptions -- AV Club, Ars Technica, USGamer, a handful of comics sites and creator blogs, webcomics -- but in practice, yeah, I pick through those and then end up doing pretty much what you're talking about and poking repeatedly and uncomprehendingly at the same couple sites over and over.