Joxam Streams Games!

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Joxam Streams Games!

Postby Joxam » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:19 pm

Its become fairly obvious to me that I'm not a great LPer. I have trouble with editing videos (mostly that I don't know how and I have an issue with not paying for video editing software so I can't use any of the mainstays of the industry that have good tutorials for without paying through the teeth for them) but other than that I think I'm OK at the commentary/gaming part of it. But still my editing inability has caused me to start and then quickly stop most video series I've tried to do.

To that end I've decided to use my time to stream games! WEEE. I'm streaming currently on Hitbox.tv. It allows for more freedom with streaming and the dashboard is tones more user friendly than the one for twitch, not to mention there is like half the chat/stream lag that you get with twitch on busy days.

I know I'm not going to get rich tomorrow streaming, either service presents a fairly heavy uphill battle, on one (hitbox) you're basically coming in at ground floor trying to build and audience where none (in the US at least, exist) and on the other (twitch) you're trying to break through the massive amount of noise that basically means you don't even get noticed until you have 400+ average viewers.

All that being said I am a bit at a loss for advertising my stream. I've been posting it on my social media and streaming regularly. I stream almost daily between the hours of 2PM (CDT) and 8PM (CDT). I'll be posting here when I'm on and if you guys like it or want to help me with advertising it that would be nice.

As a final question I want to know if you guys have any resources that I should know about FOR promoting my stream and stuff? I don't really know what to do other than post on my facebook and twitter and #finalfight and #talkingtime but that reach is severely limited, obviously. Basically its people I already know. If the answer is badger my friends into getting their friends to watch I can do that but at this point I don't feel like that's a thing I should do. I am still at the 'watch my stream and give me feedback to make me better' stage of streaming. I don't have a 'voice' or anything like that. About the only thing I do know is I AM NOT going to be a rage gamer or a 'I'm so bad at video games guys its hilarious' streamer.

Anyways the TL;DR is that I'm streaming games now from 2PM to 8PM central on most days (I take two days off a week usually monday and thursday) and I was wondering if maybe you guys could watch, give me feed back and perhaps if you like it tell your friends. Also if anyone does like it and has any networking tips you can give me that would be nice.

Here is a link to the stream! and despite the fact I said I usually take Mondays off I have nothing to do today so I'll be streaming today.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Re: Joxam Streams Games!

Postby Joxam » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:20 pm

Stream starting in about half an hour if you guys wanna watch.

Grath

Postby Grath » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:22 pm

Joxam wrote:Stream starting in about half an hour if you guys wanna watch.

I gotta pretend to be useful at work for a bit, but when I get back from the office with dinner I'll tune in.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:33 pm

Stream starts in a few minutes! Give me a watch if you want.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:10 pm

Streaming now, if anyone wants to watch. Also in a skype call with smiler and people.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:57 pm

Streaming a bit later this evening because I'm playing darksouls and later on I might hook up with patito to play some hot sexy multiplayer action if we can figure out the new steamworks stuff.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:16 pm

I will gladly come fuck a mother fucker up. But have also had no luck in my few tries with steam MP.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:44 pm

Streaming in a few minutes.