Translation station

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Translation station

Postby Mongrel » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:59 pm

Hey, some of you weeaboos can understand Japanese reasonably well, right? Not that I'm not a weeaboo myself, but I sure don't speak weeabooese.

I'm trying to help out with a sound mod for Tanks which is using files from other games and one of the packages of voice clips I got has no labelling so I have no frikkin' clue what these clips refer to. Best guess is maybe someone pulled these from a Kantai collection (dohoho) cellphone game, but I'm not sure. Could anyone just give these a quick listen to tell me what's being said? Like I'm reasonably sure it's all stuff like "We're on fire" or "Didn't penetrate armour" or "Damn!" or "Ow!" (okay, that last one I could probably figure out myself, lol) or whatever.

Linky to .zip file

EDIT: Also some of these clips might be more than one event, because I hear something in one tone, then a pause, then something in another tone. So maybe I need to cut them up too? Let me know if any are multiple events!

Mazian

Re: Translation station

Postby Mazian » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:43 pm

Pretty sure that's Tenryuu from Kancolle, just like the filename suggests. Translations with associated sound clips on that page.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:43 pm

Oh god. Those don't work at all. Why do they send me these things?

... don't answer that. Of course I know why.

François

Postby François » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:10 pm

You mean you're not allowed to marry your tanks? Lame-o.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:27 pm

Not in the game >__>

EDIT: Hey, there are names for anime voice types, aren't there? I can't remember for sure, but I think that's the case? What the name for a voice in that style... something like "Older Sister" or something? Geez it's been so long I can't remember any of this stuff. I'll have to turn in my weeaboo card.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:58 pm

Usually it's the same 30 or so actors every generation so you just describe them as who they are.