Humour me an odd question.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: Humour me an odd question.

Postby Mothra » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:11 pm

Newbie wrote:(Real answer is probably something dull like "sound good on the telephone" or maybe "snore".)

Newbie is one kickass snorer, it is absolutely true.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:14 am

Mongrel wrote:
TA wrote:The only thing I ever seem to do well is fuck up.

I'd high-five you, but we'd probably just miss, tripping face-first into a doorframe instead.

I dunno man you've got a history of employment to be able to legitimately say "between jobs", a home of your own, and a happy relationship with someone you love?

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:48 am

That statement is more or less true, but at the same time there's things going on that I haven't shared on here. Not because I don't feel comfortable with you guys, but because I don't want to be That Guy and also because they just plain haven't come up and I don't feel like dickramming my problems into conversations.

Best way I can put it is that on my Steam page, years ago when I opened my account, I put on the descriptive phrase "Sometimes I win a little" (well, "Sometimes I ween a leetle"). What's happening is that the other side of that sentiment is becoming more inescapable every day.

Also, after two and a half years, I'm pretty sure you don't say "Between jobs" anymore.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:59 am

Oh that reminds me of a funny story. So there's one guy from my old job I still pal around with, a cheery old francophone guy a little younger than my dad, originally from Manitoba like me, named Gilles. We basically get together and have a lunch or dinner and some beer 2-3 times a year and catch up.

So before Sunday I last saw him in July. This time he has a surprise - the day after we hung out in July, they fired him too. The best part was the excuse (they always have a flimsy excuse) for firing Gilles: he parked in the parking garage without his parking slip one day. Guy's there for 17 years, and that's the reason they gave him. HAHA. We had a pretty good laugh about that.

Then today in the news, they fired the CEO and he'd been there for less time that I was! Haha. Good ole Rogers, they still manage to treat staff far more disposably than even the already-low standards of a shitheaded corporation in 2016.

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:27 am

TA, you're a good dude, you're smart, and you care about stuff. Pretty sure you already know that the work/dating stuff's not your fault and shouldn't affect your sense of self-worth, but I'll say so anyway.

Good luck out there, and best wishes that it gets better for you.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:43 pm

I should say that I don't want this to be some kind of race to the bottom or competition.

I think a lot of Brontos are having a pretty fucking shitty time, or aren't very far removed from shitty times, and I worry about all of you.

Which reminds me we haven't heard from Kazz in a while... has he been in #FF?

EDIT: Oh he was here on Monday. I guess he's just not posting much. HI KAZZ.

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:26 pm

I like to think that above all else, I can be tenacious like nobody's business.

Like not any one thing, but I can latch on to something, and use the power of the Autismal Engine inside my brain to just attack it with a ferocity that scares people.

Like TF2. I wanted hats. So I got hats. ALL OF THE HATS.