Thread for Existential Crisises and Meaningless Problems

François

Re: Thread for Existential Crisises and Meaningless Problems

Postby François » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:07 am

Man I hear ya. Sometimes I catch myself wishing I didn't care so much about whether my friends shot themselves or not.

I did not know it that possible to be this tired, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't so much sleep as experience semi-restful micro-comas. But she's still breathing so I ain't gonna complain.

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:23 pm

A month ago, I bought two tickets to go see Reel Big Fish and Suburban Legends and as of 1030 the night before the concert, I cannot give this other ticket away.

Who wants to go with me?

Classic

Postby Classic » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:51 am

Mongrel wrote:All Rockstar games are going to be 80% off on Steam from now through to the end of this weekend.

This made me realize I just don't care about the experience that GTA is offering anymore.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:31 am

Well, the games being more creepy than funny now probably has a lot to do with that.

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Are they creepy or just boring? I mean the last two games have just been "Look at how shitty life is" and really who wants to deal with that, even when it's coupled with the best floppy people engine ever.

MarsDragon

Postby MarsDragon » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:59 pm

Lottel wrote:A month ago, I bought two tickets to go see Reel Big Fish and Suburban Legends and as of 1030 the night before the concert, I cannot give this other ticket away.

Who wants to go with me?

If I wasn't in a completely different state I would.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:00 pm

Smiler wrote:Are they creepy or just boring? I mean the last two games have just been "Look at how shitty life is" and really who wants to deal with that, even when it's coupled with the best floppy people engine ever.

There's that too.

I didn't play/watch GTA IV, so I can't speak for that game, but there's definitely a streak of WHINING a mile wide in GTA V. Like of the three main characters, two are whiney-as-fuck entitled assholes, and arguably pretty bland, and one is a psychopath who finds the line dividing "comedy" from "terrifying horrorshow" and then runs back and forth across the line. As I commented way back when I was doing GTA V, Trevor is genius if he's meant as a parody of the player and a send-up of the whole GTA series, but I don't think Rockstar is that self-aware anymore.

I actually wound up liking Lamar way better than any of the player characters. Franklin had some good lines at the start for a little while, but pretty soon I just wanted to punch him and Michael in the face until they shut up.

sei

Postby sei » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:26 am

Scratching the surface to treat a deep itch.

TedBelmont

Postby TedBelmont » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:02 pm

The downside to having a computer that can actually play games without melting: I can't decide which games I want to play.

Classic

Postby Classic » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:03 pm

The trick is to put your fate in the hands of people who hate you! And ignore them.