Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

KingRoyal

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby KingRoyal » Wed May 08, 2024 1:31 pm

So there's two pieces of context that I think are important to understanding RFK Jr's claims of brain worms. The first is that the claim came up while he was in divorce proceedings with his second wife. This is important because he was claiming that the parasite was causing cognitive impairments that reduced his earning potential, thus limiting the amount he would need to pay in alimony. His wife would commit suicide during all of this.

The other context is that after all of this went down, he claims that he recovered from the brain worm parasite. I'm not a neuroscientist or anything, but recovery from part of your brain being eaten by a worm seems unlikely at best. At the very least, he is unwilling to release any medical documents concerning this issue.

Do I think RFK Jr. lied about having a brain parasite and possibly about having mercury poisoning to try and avoid paying alimony after a divorce? Yes, yes I do that think that.
signature

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Wed May 08, 2024 3:33 pm

Choosing those as your excuses is arguably still representative of the other sort of poisonous brainworms.

Destynova

Postby Destynova » Wed May 08, 2024 11:07 pm

Thad wrote:Not going to link to the New York Times, but it turns out that in RFK Jr's case, "brainworms" is not a figure of speech. The dude literally had part of his brain eaten by a parasite.

And in case that wasn't on-the-nose enough, apparently the "thimerosol causes autism" guy also has mercury poisoning.

On the one hand, I'd like a word with whatever hack is writing this reality. On the other, I appreciate the rare opportunity to ask "Jesus, what happened to that guy?" and get such a clear answer.

Isn't there some amoeba that eats part of your brain?

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu May 09, 2024 7:24 am

yeah, politics

atog

Postby atog » Sat May 11, 2024 4:48 am

Destynova wrote:
Thad wrote:Not going to link to the New York Times, but it turns out that in RFK Jr's case, "brainworms" is not a figure of speech. The dude literally had part of his brain eaten by a parasite.

And in case that wasn't on-the-nose enough, apparently the "thimerosol causes autism" guy also has mercury poisoning.

On the one hand, I'd like a word with whatever hack is writing this reality. On the other, I appreciate the rare opportunity to ask "Jesus, what happened to that guy?" and get such a clear answer.

Isn't there some amoeba that eats part of your brain?

Yes but sadly this wasn't the case here, the brain eating amoeba is AFAIK almost always fatal
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole