Our Boys In Blue

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Mongrel » Thu May 26, 2022 2:22 am

The only thing that has me not screaming and punching walls is the fact that this genuinely feels different somehow (yes, I know, "vibes").

I'm seeing a lot of very plain language I haven't seen in a long time. A lot of people with no patience left anymore for this bullshit.

I'm seeing the right wing figures trying to defend this are being almost universally mocked and even shut down, they are being outright denied screen time, they are being told off before they can even speak. If there's something I can point to that's visibly different, it's this refusal to even allow the Right a voice for their lies.

I don't know that any change will come of it - it's not like people haven't been angry before - but it feels like all this over-the-top evil shit in succession in such a short time is breaking Americans to where they are finally fed up with the Right's shit enough to actually try do something meaningful.

Not going to hope yet, but I am going to watch what happens very carefully over the next days and weeks.

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Thu May 26, 2022 10:07 am

I mean, Fox News was all over the idea that LITERALLY anything else is the solution. Their pundits were saying that all schools need armed guards and literal traps that would be activated by tripwires and that parents should try to break into schools to see how easy it is. It's because parents are buying their kids toys and videogames instead of armored backpacks and ballistic blankets, and not teaching their kids how important it is to snitch on anyone who might be different. It's because gay people have families, and they don't actually care about their kids. It's because teachers need to be trained to shoot to kill and carry long arms. It's because there aren't ENOUGH cops. It's literally everything else.
And their viewers are so mind poisoned that they see people who are saying "this needs to stop" as people who need to be stomped out/killed because they are the enemy.
Edit: By Fox News, I'm also including OANN and the other super far right news places.

Brantly B.
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brantly B. » Thu May 26, 2022 10:16 am

I've seen the right actually suggest putting money into mental health care.

KingRoyal

Postby KingRoyal » Thu May 26, 2022 10:43 am

Conservatives are only ever going to suggest things that they can then use to turn around and blame teachers. Your classroom was slaughtered? Why didn't you have a gun like we told you to?

Learned today that Uvalde police not only did nothing for an hour, they actively prevented parents at gun point and by tackling a few. Neither border patrol nor UPD could get the door open, either, until staff from the school opened it for them
signature

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu May 26, 2022 10:47 am

Mongrel wrote:Not clear if the parents tried to get in but couldn't because of lockdown, or the cops actually STOPPED them, or what.

it's pretty clear

Grath

Postby Grath » Thu May 26, 2022 11:50 am

ACAB. Now and forever.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Thu May 26, 2022 12:41 pm

Its absolutely batshit to me cops are allowed to use the exact same argument to kill unarmed people (we couldn't have known the situation, its too dangerous) as they use to not engage armed people and a ton of people will just be ok with it.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu May 26, 2022 12:57 pm

hngkong wrote:I mean, Fox News was all over the idea that LITERALLY anything else is the solution. Their pundits were saying that all schools need armed guards and literal traps that would be activated by tripwires and that parents should try to break into schools to see how easy it is. It's because parents are buying their kids toys and videogames instead of armored backpacks and ballistic blankets, and not teaching their kids how important it is to snitch on anyone who might be different. It's because gay people have families, and they don't actually care about their kids. It's because teachers need to be trained to shoot to kill and carry long arms. It's because there aren't ENOUGH cops. It's literally everything else.
And their viewers are so mind poisoned that they see people who are saying "this needs to stop" as people who need to be stomped out/killed because they are the enemy.
Edit: By Fox News, I'm also including OANN and the other super far right news places.

Thing is, we already know most of the hardcore Fox-type people are just lost. No one expects Tuckyo Rose to turn over a new leaf, and even if he did it would just be following the money.

But there's a fair number who aren't. Maybe even enough to get some real shit done. We'll see.

Like everything about this is so far beyond the pale, and in ways that so directly discredit the Right's talking points, that at least a few people are squirming because the facts are just that inescapable. Now, the Right can deal with dumb ole facts, but so far they're flubbing it (lol Cruz), and if limp-dicked mainstream news can wake up from it's 50-year slumber to actually scream about this - and there's some positive signs there - then the Right will see actual competition for controlling the narrative at an emotional level and that's something they're out of practice dealing with.

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu May 26, 2022 1:43 pm

God damn. Just finished the full video and my blood is boiling. I'm so far past fucking depression and anger. My father, fuckhead asshole alcoholic that he was, did not fucking fight and get poisoned by agent orange in Vietnam so that coward FUCKFACE COPS could pretend to be a warrior WHILE ACTIVELY PROTECTING THE SHOOTER FROM THE PARENTS.

HOW MANY FUCKING COPS AND GUNS DO YOU NEED BEFORE YOU GO IN AND STOP THIS CHILD MASS MURDERER, YOU SCUMFUCK SHITHEAD COWARD PUSSY MOTHERFUCKERS?!

I'm done. They are an irredeemable enemy. I will brook no further arguments from anyone that the police are anything but pure fucking high school bully fascist trigger-happy (but not when their target is also armed and murdering kids) evil.

ACAB. Now and forever.
ImageImageImage

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Thu May 26, 2022 1:45 pm

The only good cop is a dead cop.

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu May 26, 2022 1:55 pm

I don't want them dead. I want them paraded nude in front of the parents while the parents cover them in glue and then throw chicken feathers on them. While the news films it and broadcasts it live. And then I want them paraded through Uvalde. And then I want them fired for gross incompetence and cowardice. And then I want a statue of a cowering chicken with all of their names engraved on it erected in, say, the fifty biggest cities in the US.

And then I want police reform so this shit never happens again. And also gun control.

I'm not going to get any of that, but I sure am having fun imagining it.
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu May 26, 2022 1:58 pm

Shit, I think that video has cured my fucking depression. For the first time in a long, long time, I don't feel a shred of sadness.
ImageImageImage

Brantly B.
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brantly B. » Thu May 26, 2022 2:20 pm

And the reports of them going in to extract their own kids seals it. Let's stop beating around the fucking bush here.

This was a Hispanic community on the southern border of Texas.

They were actively helping the shooter.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu May 26, 2022 2:50 pm

Kind of cliche, but the one lyric I always remember first from Fuck Tha Police is "We can go toe-to-toe in the middle of a cell", the single most repeated theme, rightly calling out cops again and again as nothing but punk cowards hiding behind their badges and guns.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu May 26, 2022 2:54 pm

Also worth bringing up the fact again that the US basically never had an extended period of professionalization as has sometimes happened in other countries. They began as thugs for the powerful, and have more or less continued as such ever since.

KingRoyal

Postby KingRoyal » Thu May 26, 2022 2:56 pm

I think the Supreme Court once ruled that police can reject someone for being too smart
signature

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu May 26, 2022 3:06 pm

SCOTUS also ruled the police have "no duty to protect".

ayfkm

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Thu May 26, 2022 3:23 pm

"All Cops Are Craven Chickenshit Terrorists Who Should Be Dragged From Their Homes and Beaten to Death in the Street" just doesn't roll off the tongue as trippingly I guess.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu May 26, 2022 4:27 pm

In the ever-lengthening list of lies, turns out the cops were full of shit about even confronting him outside the school at all.

Niku

Postby Niku » Thu May 26, 2022 4:40 pm

Friday wrote:I don't want them dead.

If they don't want to be dead they can just quit the force. Easy peasy.