Our Boys In Blue

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Mongrel » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:21 pm

According to a new report, police officers in a suburban Florida town were instructed to arrest black people they find on the street for unsolved cases, just so they could improve their statistics.

Records of the Biscayne Park police obtained by the Miami Herald showed that the department’s command staff told officers to use troubling methods just so their rate of solving crimes would look good.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:03 pm

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:21 am

https://www.13newsnow.com/mobile/articl ... -578159905

According to the investigator, a handcuffed girl produced a handgun and killed herself by putting the gun in her mouth and shooting. The only bodycam "malfunctioned". All eyewitnesses say the cop shot her, but no, it was clearly suicide.

Fuck the police. NSFW: https://youtu.be/IlY9C6pzxKc

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:05 pm

And here I was gonna say how much it still freaks me out to see motorcycle cops with ARs on their bikes. Like, are things really that bad on the mean streets of the Tustin/Irvine divide?
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:17 am

Portland police almost killed protestors by launching concussion grenades at their heads.
Graphic image:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dj0RvkFU0AIkKwF.jpg

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:32 pm

The Portland police seem to be doing a very good job of keeping Nazis safe this weekend. Well done, boys. Mission Accomplished.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:18 pm

WaPo: Wedding of officer who shot Stephon Clark crashed by protesters.

For once I'm just gonna handwave any broader consequences to say this was a pretty brilliant method of protest.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:56 pm

“We are committed to transparency, integrity, and working with our community to move forward,” the statement continues. “Incidents such as these are not in line with our goal of building trust and positive partnerships with our entire community.”

Eat shit. The shooting is what isn't in line with that "goal".

This is extremely good, these fuckers don't deserve happy days free from consequence.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:08 pm

Yeah. There's a gut reaction that, "Hey that's not appropriate" and then you remember that this is yet another racist panicky asshole who very very literally got away with murder and you see how much of a "centrist" trap that thinking is.

If the courts won't impose consequences, then someone has to, and this is pretty fucking lenient as far as mob vigilante justice goes (which is smart - keeping it non-violent yet deeply intrusive is a time-tested civil rights classic).

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:41 am

Yeah, you want to see what that thinking gets you, well. The Post's in full swing already.
Attorneys for the family publicly named both officers a few weeks later. Police have not confirmed their identities, citing threats to their safety, so this newspaper will not name them.

Fuck this.

As for non-violence ... well. Remember what Kwame Ture said. "In order for nonviolence to work, your opponent must have a conscience."

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:45 am

It's the WaPo.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:46 am

"Democracy dies in darkness", etc.

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:30 am

keeping it non-violent yet deeply intrusive is a time-tested civil rights classic

This is actually a pet peeve of mine, when people say "Passive Resistance" to describe MLK and Gandhi's methods. I mean, I know what they're trying to convey with their words, but say "Non-violent Resistance" because both of them used extremely aggressive, intrusive tactics. There wasn't anything passive about them, they were extremely proactive and would "attack" their enemy constantly and where it would cause the most (non-violent) harm.

Everyone is always talking about Black Lives Matter should and does have a right to protest, but could they do it where nobody can see it and it won't inconvenience anyone? I equate those people to the people MLK described as disliking even more than his racist shithead enemies, those he described as saying "we sympathize with your cause, but your timing and methods are wrong." Those lukewarm dickheads who, from an insulated position of privilege, just want to not have to see anything ugly on TV because "it upsets me".

People are being shot. Children are being shot in the streets. I'm sorry you were late to work or your basketball game. Wait. No I'm fucking not.

As far as my thoughts on crashing the wedding; "hahahahaha eat shit fucking assholes" is probably apt. You should be in jail for murder. Because you are murderers.

Remember when Tibet protesters attacked and seized the Olympic flag in transit and people were like "well, it sucks that hundreds of you are being slaughtered and oppressed, but the olympics are a sacred blah blah blah my nice comfy chair is so comfy, man it's so comfy. I really love my comfy chair."
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Yeah, like I think of how much everyone hated lunch counter sit-ins, and it was all "Well I know your people are being lynched and disenfranchised but I just want to have lunch. At a place where I don't have to be reminded black people exist."

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:04 pm

The entire premise is insane. They literally want protests to happen where nobody will see or care.
ImageImageImage

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:25 am

The co-opting of Martin Luther King as some cuddly Santa figure who got along with everybody is pretty far up on my pet peeves list. Guy was a radical, was despised by the political establishment, the press, and most of the country for most of his life, and when he died he was protesting the Vietnam War and capitalism.

People reduce him to a single sentence from a single speech. That it is a very, very good sentence does not excuse taking it out of context and turning it into some kumbaya horseshit.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:48 am

Yeah, I remember recently seeing a historical poll that showed fully 66% of the country "disapproved" MLK by 1966. It's bleak to think that he wouldn't be half so revered today had he not been martyred.

Personally, I hate the Santa version simply because it's boring. That's not a real person. In addition to what Thad stated, the real MLK certainly did have a threshold for using violence, had his own failings (notorious adulterer), and a set of beliefs which were much more complex - yet more realistic and practical - that the typical picture.

I don't admire the Santa version; I admire the MLK who packed his couch full of guns and who cleverly played off of other factions like the Black Panthers.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:42 pm

Fuck this chickenshit whitebread asshole. Send him home and tell him to never come back.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:14 pm

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2 ... 189843002/
Cincinnati police investigators said an officer who deployed a Taser to stop an 11-year-old girl from shoplifting violated the department's use of force policy, but also found problems with his telling the girl: "You know, sweetheart, this is why there’s no grocery stores in the black community.”

The comment was caught on Officer Kevin Brown's body camera and is the second time the officer is accused of making inappropriate comments while doing his job. Two years ago he was written up for using a homophobic slur in reference to an alleged domestic violence victim, though the woman did not hear him.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:00 pm