Our Boys In Blue

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Mongrel » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:04 pm

This Botham Jean killing is just getting more and more fucking ridiculously transparently first degree murder every day.

I mean, at first my guess was they were fucking and it went wrong, so maybe 2nd degree murder... but now it looks like she just figured she'd Murder One him in his own home because she thought he was NOISY.

Jesus...

I mean... Its not the least surprising that the corrupt-and-racist-as-fuck Dallas PD are trying to frame him.

It's not surprising that the cops lied to get a search warrant so they could "OH LOOK, WEED. HUM HUM. WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE." (almost literally the Dave Chappelle crack joke.... "joke").

Or that the door couldn't work the way she said it would, that her apartment looks completely different outside, that the neighbours heard her shout for him to open the door, that her story fails to hold water in any way shape or form at all.

I mean the entire history of this story consists of grim online jokes about what the cops will do next, and the the Dallas PD ACTUALLY GOING AND DOING EXACTLY THAT THE NEXT DAY.

Now someone's found her old online posts and welp.

Oh. What. A. Surprise. There's even a fucking Minions meme.

But I mean... how much utterly damning evidence does there have to be for the DPD to at least cut their losses and cover their own asses? I mean, we're not even talking morality anymore, how about just plain old pure socipathic self-interest?

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:36 pm

Lordy Bagordy

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:23 am

Good god.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:11 pm

If someone starts shooting DPD members, I can't say it'll come as a surprise.

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:12 pm

Jason van Dyke, the policeman who shot Laquan McDonald 16 times, has been convicted of second-degree murder. And 16 counts of aggravated battery.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:22 pm

Never thought I'd see the day. Amazing news.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:23 pm

They fucking CONVICTED somebody?!

François

Postby François » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:36 pm

Guy must've been a real fuckup. Probably got caught stealing lunches or farting or screwing someone's wife or something, so one day he shoots a black guy and they're like, "yeah, no, we're lettin' him take the fall on this one".

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:42 pm

Even if that's true, shit, I'll take what I can get.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:34 pm

Celebrating this is sick. It deserves, at best, a nod and an assertion that God hasn't damned you eternally today.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:32 am

The windows are intact boys, so lets go break some kids instead.

On December 15th, 2014, the NYPD, in concert with the Bronx DA�s office, began a full on assault against 15-year-old Pedro Hernandez. He was a sweet kid in a rough neighborhood, and had never been arrested before. He never should�ve been arrested.

Standing on a corner near 168th Street in the Bronx, Pedro was talking to his brother�s friends, who were sitting inside of a double-parked car. When police from the 42nd Precinct pulled up in an unmarked car, they got out and asked Pedro to do something he had never heard before. �Get in the car,� the officer demanded to Pedro, speaking of the car his brother�s friends were in. On TV, he had heard police officers yell for people to �get out of the car,� but he had never heard them demand that someone get into someone else�s car. Pedro then told the officer that he lived close by and didn�t need a ride. The officer repeated his order, �I need you to get in the car.� So Pedro complied. This simple moment was a turning point in Pedro�s life.

At almost the very instant the driver of the car shifted it into drive and moved it forward less than 30 inches, police turned their flashing lights on and ordered the car to stop. They had asked Pedro to get into the back seat for a reason � they could not arrest him, as they planned to do with everyone in the car on that evening, if he was just outside of it talking to them. They needed Pedro to be inside of it. Police in The Bronx are full of tricks like this.

Claiming that they thought they smelled the faint hint of marijuana, police now ordered Pedro and the other guys out of the vehicle and handcuffed them all, rounded them up, and took them to the 42nd Precinct, without informing any of them why they were being arrested.

Without an attorney or his mother present, Sgt. Barnett asked Pedro, �Why are all of the passengers saying the gun we found in the car was yours?� Pedro had no idea what he was stepping into at the time, but the question from Sgt. Barnett was NYPD 101. Of course, none of the passengers said any gun in the car belonged to Pedro, but perhaps Pedro would name someone else if he thought they had named him. �I was never even in the vehicle until the police told me I had to get in it. I have no idea what you are talking about.�

Life would never be the same for Pedro Hernandez again. That next morning, from the 42nd Precinct, he was taken to Horizon Juvenile Center. A few hours later he was taken to Family Court. A few hours later he was taken to another temporary detention center. Yet a few more hours later he was taken to New Bridge Non-Secure Detention Center. It�s not what you think. It�s a house in a neighborhood in the middle of The Bronx except it has officers who guard it and the house has bars on the windows. The 16 days Pedro stayed at New Bridge were the beginning of the end of his childhood.

On January 5th, 2015, something horrible happened to Pedro at this facility. At 12:15AM, with no provocation, Officer Gregory Hyman forced Pedro out of bed, shoved him out of his room, and into an empty room in the house and began brutally beating him. One punch from Hyman to Pedro�s face was so forceful that it caused Pedro to hit his head on a scorching hot radiator, also injuring his hands and neck as well. Not once did Pedro return force, but Hyman continued the brutal beating. When another child in the facility saw and heard the beating, he attempted to barge in to save Pedro, but other officers blocked the door. The child continued to try to get in there to stop it, but couldn�t, as Pedro screamed for help. Hyman then proceeded to choke Pedro.

Here�s the video, released in full for the first time. It�s painful to watch.

Video is NSFW and you may well want to just not watch, obviously.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:34 am

Oh and a BoingBoing headline: "Officers probe mysterious origin of Nazi symbol on service flashlight of cop fired after black man beaten with it."

NOW HOW DID THAT GET THERE?

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Mongrel I'm not criticizing you and I know you gotta get your news where you can but you should know that Shaun King has a documented history of taking advantage of the female PoC survivors and family members of victims of police violence that he 'advocates' for.

Basically he is broadly known on 'black girl twitter' to swoop in when mothers, daughters and wives are devistated by a loss, promise them the world for their story, and then block then from social media and tell their story however he wants and for his social media and his publication's benifit.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:25 pm

Joxam wrote:Mongrel I'm not criticizing you and I know you gotta get your news where you can but you should know that Shaun King has a documented history of taking advantage of the female PoC survivors and family members of victims of police violence that he 'advocates' for.

Basically he is broadly known on 'black girl twitter' to swoop in when mothers, daughters and wives are devistated by a loss, promise them the world for their story, and then block then from social media and tell their story however he wants and for his social media and his publication's benifit.

Good to know, thanks. I get the Shawn King stuff typically from a particular friend, so I'll pass that along.

I try not to post just tweets anyway when it comes to news, unless they're official outlets (and even then, that's dodgy), since even mainstream news outlets have been shown to be untrustworthy (or just gullible - NYT, I'm looking at you). I want to see a source article, documents, etc. So for example in this case, I was mainly looking at the fact that a copy of the affidavit and a video was provided.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:28 am

atog

Postby atog » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:48 am

"Dunno, it worked for Bill Murray *shrug*" --former police sgt Ann Guerra
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:54 pm

Does Border Patrol (the real one, not the self-appointed yahoos.... not that there's THAT much difference these days) fit ITT?

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:30 am

Can perfection such as this possibly be of earthly origin?

EDIT:

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:43 pm

seriously though, 2018 is parody

François

Postby François » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:58 am

Mongrel wrote:

times a million forever