Our Boys In Blue

User avatar
beatbandito
Posts: 3023
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:04 am

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby beatbandito » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:42 pm

meanwhile in nyc NYPD still responsible for 100% of NYPD officer shooting deaths this year.

Earlier in the year they circled an unarmed suspect before opening fire. This time the dead cop opened fire on a (recently) disarmed parole and nearby cops reacted to gunshots the only way they know how, blindly firing towards them.
Image

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 14338
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Mongrel » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:45 pm

Joxam wrote:She's guilty. I'm shocked honestly. I know its kinda fucked to be shocked that a woman who broke into a man's home and killed him was found guilty of Murder but I am. Especially because the jury was asked to consider the Castle Doctrine despite the fact it wasn't her fucking house.


So apparently this bit was actually a deliberate attempt by the judge to forestall use of the Castle Doctrine as a defence in any potential future appeals - which would presumably be to elected Texan state judges - and not an attempt to support the defence in any way.

Huh. Clever lady.
Image

User avatar
Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex
Posts: 939
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Joxam » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:38 am

I mean you say that but she also only got 10 years and the judge held and consoled her after the sentencing.
Image

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 14338
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Mongrel » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:48 am

Joxam wrote:I mean you say that but she also only got 10 years and the judge held and consoled her after the sentencing.

This was after Jean's brother did the same though, stating he forgave Guyger.

This case is a bit of an odder one, honestly and it could cut both ways. One thing which never seemed to come out (at least that I saw in the papers) was how deliberate it all was, if Guyger really is a trigger-happy halfwit who is likely unfit for society in general, much less being a cop, or if it was in fact planned somehow.

I can see reason for empathy in the case of the former. Which also speaks to the much larger institutional problem of police recruitment and training.

If it was the latter, well shit.
Image

User avatar
Friday
Posts: 3968
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:40 pm
Location: A user of Sosuns

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Friday » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:51 am

She's a fucking idiot. A dangerous one. She's also a racist. No way in any world she shoots a white guy to death in his own house. She saw a black guy, her lizard idiot brain went "BLACK GUY! BAD! DANGER! KILL!" and she killed him.

But planned? No. She's just a fucking dangerous idiot who has no business being a cop. She gets no empathy from me, she killed a guy and should go to jail. Of course, I'm actually fine with 10 years, because I think all jail sentences (except when you're an active danger to society, like a serial killer or arsonist or whatever) should be much much lighter. 10 years is a long fucking time. But that's another topic.

When she's served her ten years and gets out I will hold no ire toward her except the general ire I have toward all racist idiots.

And yes, you could argue she's an active danger to society, but only because she's allowed to be a cop and have a gun. Take both of those away and she's just another Fox News Florida blowhard.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 14338
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Mongrel » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:21 am

Friday wrote:just another Fox News Florida blowhard.

She turned out to be a rabid Minion fan, so the shoe fits.
Image

User avatar
Blossom
Posts: 2106
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Blossom » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:28 am

Friday wrote:She's a fucking idiot. A dangerous one. She's also a racist. No way in any world she shoots a white guy to death in his own house. She saw a black guy, her lizard idiot brain went "BLACK GUY! BAD! DANGER! KILL!" and she killed him.

But planned? No. She's just a fucking dangerous idiot who has no business being a cop. She gets no empathy from me, she killed a guy and should go to jail. Of course, I'm actually fine with 10 years, because I think all jail sentences (except when you're an active danger to society, like a serial killer or arsonist or whatever) should be much much lighter. 10 years is a long fucking time. But that's another topic.

When she's served her ten years and gets out I will hold no ire toward her except the general ire I have toward all racist idiots.

And yes, you could argue she's an active danger to society, but only because she's allowed to be a cop and have a gun. Take both of those away and she's just another Fox News Florida blowhard.


I mean, this kinda assumes you buy the whole "I broke into his house on accident" story. Which, there was a lot of evidence this was entirely bullshit.
Image

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 14338
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Mongrel » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:32 am

Yeah, that's what I was thinking back to, the early reports about there being circumstantial evidence that they knew each other and possibly had some kind of history. I don't remember ever seeing anything about that in later news stories.

I dunno. I certainly agree that no matter what really happened, she needs to go to jail and never be allowed in any sort of position of responsibility of any sort ever again. But this was certainly a weird case.
Image

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 14338
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Mongrel » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:41 am

Image

User avatar
Grath
Posts: 1855
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:34 pm

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Grath » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:10 pm


Also: Miraculously, Dallas police department showed up two minutes later despite their average response time to shootings being over 8 minutes.

User avatar
Blossom
Posts: 2106
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Blossom » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:16 pm

You know, in case you were really puzzled why the victim's brother hugged her in front of all the cameras.
Image

User avatar
Friday
Posts: 3968
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:40 pm
Location: A user of Sosuns

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Friday » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:01 pm

Okay yeah I'm changing my opinion from idiot to cold-blooded murderer.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Büge
Posts: 3572
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Büge » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:49 pm

Image

User avatar
Grath
Posts: 1855
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:34 pm

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Grath » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:24 pm

Image

User avatar
Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex
Posts: 939
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Joxam » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:37 pm

I was once on a jury for a trial for medical malpractice and the defense attorney tried to make the case that because one of the expert witnesses was one of the leading researchers in the field their testimony should be called into question because they were referencing their own work. In light of that bullshit reasoning, you cannot convince me that if there were even a HINT that that witness was a drug dealer a cop's lawyer wouldn't have used it to discredit the shit out of him.
Image

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 14338
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Mongrel » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:39 pm

I also notice that it's always weed in these setups, which is bleakly funny in that virtually no one but cops give two fucks about anyone selling weed anymore anyway. Probably because that's the easiest for cops to get ahold of?
Image

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 14338
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Mongrel » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:51 pm

Oh also: The DPD are claimng that when these supposed weed dealers from Louisiana "fled the scene after killing Joshua", they took the gun but left behind the $5k and 12 pounds of weed.
Image

User avatar
Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex
Posts: 939
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Joxam » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:26 pm

Wait now I'm supposed to believe three people drove 500 miles for weed. Drove straight past Huston for Dallas to get weed? I'm supposed to believe they made a 1000 mile round trip for a fucking baggy of weed? At least fucking call me stupid to my face.
Image

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 14338
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Mongrel » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:10 pm

Joxam wrote:I'm supposed to believe they made a 1000 mile round trip for a fucking baggy of weed?


And left it there!

Oh and somehow these guys who were stupid enough to leave behind the weed were smart enough to have gotten a custom-tooled gun with "untraceable ballistics".

Story just gets fucking better every day.
Image

User avatar
Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex
Posts: 939
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Re: Our Boys In Blue

Postby Joxam » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:55 pm

The story isn't that they left the weed behind in the parking lot that he was killed in. The story, to make the guy sound TERRIBLE and not at all like someone who we should feel bad about, is that when the totally innocent police searched his house they found 12 pounds of weed and $5000.00 so obviously he was a big time drug dealer.

So the story isn't even that they did a huge drug deal that went bad, its that they literally drove what would be a 1000 mile round trip and shot him for a baggy of weed and police found his stash and bankroll to confirm he was a drug dealer.

This dude would have to be the cleanest drug dealer in the history of ever for him not to have had a record that a defense attorney representing a FUCKING POLICE OFFICER wouldn't use to discredit his testimony or call into question his character.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests