Rooty-tooty point and shootys

Mongrel

Re: Rooty-tooty point and shootys

Postby Mongrel » Fri May 18, 2018 5:34 pm

Well, the fact that school shootings are now attracting mentally unstable and openly armed rubberneckers is somewhat noteworthy.

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri May 18, 2018 6:00 pm

I can't wait until the Nazis show up!

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri May 18, 2018 6:57 pm

This was the Chimp-in-Chief's "response" to the shooting, by the way:

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri May 18, 2018 8:15 pm

See you next year 6 months several months months month several weeks!

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri May 18, 2018 8:16 pm

"School shootings growing by 20% per month, by end of year, school shootings will consume 0.5% of world's bullets"

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri May 18, 2018 8:32 pm

Friday wrote:See you next year 6 months several months months month several weeks!

Weeks? Are we in for a dry spell?

Thad

Postby Thad » Sun May 20, 2018 12:14 pm

Mongrel wrote:
Friday wrote:See you next year 6 months several months months month several weeks!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that school shootings will probably decrease between the months of June and August, yes.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Sun May 20, 2018 12:26 pm

Thad wrote:
Mongrel wrote:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that school shootings will probably decrease between the months of June and August, yes.

I dunno, when does your average college summer session start?
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Mon May 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Chicago "gun share program" art installation about how easy it is to get a gun in America.

I've never bought a gun, but I understand you need to sign more paperwork to buy a house or pseudoephedrine. Also, I wonder how soon it'll be until someone seriously considers a gun share program.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Grath

Postby Grath » Mon May 21, 2018 7:01 pm

Yoji wrote:Chicago "gun share program" art installation about how easy it is to get a gun in America.

I've never bought a gun, but I understand you need to sign more paperwork to buy a house or pseudoephedrine. Also, I wonder how soon it'll be until someone seriously considers a gun share program.

I believe that sharing guns as a business would require the same amount of background checking as buying guns, so it would be a non-starter. Some states allow gun sharing on a personal level with relative ease; in New York I believe it would involve a background check each time the guns changed who was in possession of the gun whether or not it's a business, assuming everyone is following the law. I can let someone shoot my rifles, but I would have to be there as the owner of the guns (not that anyone checks, or even can check with rifles)

malikial

Postby malikial » Tue May 22, 2018 11:23 pm

If I was to buy a gun from a store like I always did there is actually 3 forms, a background check and a 24 hour wait period for a handgun in my state. I'd pass it all so it wouldn't be a hassle for me. On the other hand I could also go to a few of the people I know with... extra guns laying around... and pick up a random pistol for like 100 bucks and the promise not to shoot anyone and as long as they write out a receipt and keep a copy they're not legally liable for anything I do with said pistol. That is the problem I have with private owner sales. It's one of the reasons I got rid of all my firearms a few years ago. Its insanely easy to get a gun if you know people who own them.