Barefoot and Pregnant

beatbandito

Re: Barefoot and Pregnant

Postby beatbandito » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:19 pm

Personification is a human default reaction. Why get a fake dog you can put fake hats on to make them look fake human when you can just have a digital human with all the personality of a pet? I think Sharkey hits a similar idea from another angle now that I see that post though, and that is that both Sanrio characters to women and loli characters to men are 'moe'.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:35 pm

I love it when my pet tells me it's supposed to be rainy out and that I should take an umbrella with me to work. It really shows they care.

Thad

Postby Thad » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:30 pm

I don't know about you, but if it's rainy, my dog will absolutely communicate that fact to me.

Büge

Postby Büge » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:06 pm

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:45 pm

Trump's First 100 Minutes: Pulling some straight Jabba the Hutt shit.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Amanda Duarte wrote:Most of the Rockettes do not want to perform at the inauguration. AGVA, their union, has put in writing to the full time Rockettes that they must accept the inauguration gig or they will lose their jobs. It's perfect, actually. What could be more fitting for this inauguration than forcing a group of women to do something with their bodies against their will?

Hooo leeee shit.

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:15 pm

Aren't unions supposed to protect what the workers want?

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:24 pm

God fucking damn, just every day with this guy!

Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Thad

Postby Thad » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:39 pm

Following Negotiations, No Rockettes Will Be Required To Perform At Inauguration

Late Friday, following negotiations with the Rockettes owner, the Madison Square Garden Co., and the performers' union, The American Guild of Variety Artists (AGVA), announced on Facebook that no Rockettes would be obligated to perform.

"Fortunately, the Company has agreed that ALL participation in this particular event will be voluntary. We are greatly relieved and hope to work with our Members to inform them and alleviate the anxiety and fears that this has caused."

Classic

Postby Classic » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:04 am

"Voluntary" in that you don't have to do it, but the reprisals could be awful "voluntary" or actually voluntary?

Thad

Postby Thad » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:02 am

I think "voluntary" as in "they realized that the bad PR they were going to get for forcing the Rockettes to perform was going to be a lot worse than what would happen if they made the whole thing go away as quickly as possible." But what that's going to mean in a few months is hard to say. (And probably depends greatly on whether or not the person doing the hiring is a Trump supporter or not.)

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:07 pm

"Ah I can't blame them, I always get the two symbols mixed up... I mean how are you supposed to remember anyway?"
"The symbol for 'male' has an erection."

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:31 pm

Re the WaPo Express cover: It gets better. And by better, I mean worse.

In other news, has anyone else heard about how Martin Shkreli got banned from Twitter for being a massive creep? He's been doing this weird stalking thing with Lauren Duca, the Teen Vogue writer who called out The Bastard for gaslighting the US.

I've probably said it before, but one of the many things that gets me about Shkreli is how young he is. I think he's almost exactly as old as I am, and I can't figure out how someone gets so cartoonishly evil at such an age.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:40 pm

Do you seriously not know a bunch of people who would pull the same shit if they tripped over an oppurtunity to engage in insider trading early on?

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:04 pm

A little update on the state of anti-trans states.

Mother Jones: 11 States with pending brathroom laws.

Note Wyoming's particularly regressive stance (more details in the Wyoming News); Starr has a friend with exquisite misfortune of being in transition in Wyoming, so she is getting particular updates.

These cases are of particular interest because you may have sometimes heard "skeptics" (i.e. assholes) dismissing these laws as applying to a tiny number of corner cases. Well, not so much, because as it turns out, because these laws now mean that any woman who looks "too manly" might be forcibly ejected or even violently kicked off the premises.

With the Wyoming changes, that would also incur fines and possible jail time.

So, we're talking about drastic legal penalties for women who don't look feminine. Now... where have I seen that before?

malikial

Postby malikial » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:10 pm

Hardly Ideal wrote:In other news, has anyone else heard about how Martin Shkreli got banned from Twitter for being a massive creep? He's been doing this weird stalking thing with Lauren Duca, the Teen Vogue writer who called out The Bastard for gaslighting the US.

I've probably said it before, but one of the many things that gets me about Shkreli is how young he is. I think he's almost exactly as old as I am, and I can't figure out how someone gets so cartoonishly evil at such an age.

I doubt you know this because you're probably not involved in the High Tier Ranked LoL Scene but he is one of the few(In the hundreds) people to be banned for life on a LoL account(He could and probably did make a new account afterwards) because he offered, while streaming, to pay everyone on the opposing team 20 grand to throw matches to get him into diamond in LoL. He used to do a ton of LoL and other game streaming and in fact, the week after he got arraigned for the insider trading shit he spent 12 hours a day streaming LoL and other games and during that time he managed to get his account banned. Like, no bullshit you're spot on with him just being a young dude who has way too much money to think things have the same effect on him as they do on others.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:14 pm

In a similar vein to my post above, NYT goes into Trump's insistence that any woman who works for him must "dress like a woman."

Some good responses in that article:

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:48 pm

So, Roosh-V. Professional misogynist, owner and operator of Return of Kings. It shouldn't be surprising that he hates women like Robyn Pennacchia:

It also isn't too terribly surprising is that RoK has its own wiki. But what's pleasantly surprising is that apparently anyone can edit its entries:

And she points out on Wonkette that the original photo was in color, showing her lovely red lipstick. Why he chose to make it black-and-white is anyone's guess.

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:35 pm

YOU WROTE THAT I WAS A PIECE OF SHIT?!

OH YEAH, WELL, YOU'RE UGLY AND I WOULDN'T FUCK YOU!

do people actually listen to the things that they think
ImageImageImage

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:18 pm

Not in our terrifying post-self-respect civilization.