The Winter Up There Must Give People Brain Freeze

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: The Winter Up There Must Give People Brain Freeze

Postby Mongrel » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Ruth Ellen Brosseau was just named NPD house leader, and by pretty much all accounts, she earned it.

I love where her journey's gone so far.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:33 pm

There's a clip that's been going around from a town hall thingy with Trudeau where a woman says "mankind" and Trudeau corrects her to "peoplekind", which of course has people up in arms about [take your pick].

Only it turns out that, whoops, he was actually just kidding around a bit with one of those rambling semi-coherent types who always show up at political town halls and was not making some ridiculous mansplaining political point.

(I also like the bit where he was like "Uh... lady do you actually even have a question?")

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:37 pm

Again, that theft was one of the most Canadian things of all time.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:21 am

After chaos at the vote, Doug Ford wins the leadership of the Conservative Party of Ontario

Basically, Dougie pulled a Trump - lost the popular membership vote, but won the most districts.

A senior party member said of the continued chaos, as well as the spectre of a Ford win: “I hope Kathleen Wynne is getting hammered tonight — she should be celebrating.”

Büge

Postby Büge » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:04 pm

For anyone who doesn't remember.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:26 pm

Dougie always played the Bad Cop, whether he meant to or not.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:28 am

OTTAWA, March 14, 2018 - Health Canada is advising Canadians that the unauthorized sexual enhancement supplement "Horse Power" may pose serious health risks.

Büge

Postby Büge » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:53 am

/me stamps hoof

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Trump Boasts He Made Up Trade Facts In Meeting With Trudeau

U.S. President admits ‘I had no idea’ when insisting U.S. ran trade deficit with Canada

Not The Onion

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:00 pm

So I looked into this, but couldn't find anything that explained the reveal outside of heavily trimmed Trump quotes. But did Trump brag that after lying to Trudeau that Canada owes the U.S., it inspired them to do the research to reveal that we actually owe Canada?

atog

Postby atog » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:35 pm

beatbandito wrote:So I looked into this, but couldn't find anything that explained the reveal outside of heavily trimmed Trump quotes. But did Trump brag that after lying to Trudeau that Canada owes the U.S., it inspired them to do the research to reveal that we actually owe Canada?

"research"

CNN wrote:Canadian government sources previously have explained away Washington's account of the Canada-U.S. trading relationship as basically counting goods twice.

U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer has been including goods that pass through Canada but don't originate here as Canadian exports in his export calculations, artificially inflating the U.S.'s trade deficit in goods with Canada, sources told CBC back in February.

For example, a Chinese washing machine that passes through the port of Vancouver on its way to the U.S. is being counted as part of both the U.S. trade deficit with China and the U.S. goods deficit with Canada.

The books were only medium-rare when Trump first asked for the data. So he made some up, and then when the books were fully cooked, he admitted he made up the first bunch when in fact both batches are totally bogus
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:52 pm

Trump demands all of the money from the world

"You guys all owe us an infinite amount of money," the 50/50 bar that was given life in a satanic ritual claimed last Sunday. "We've been nice about it up till now, but it's time we collected the money that was owed us. And that amount of money owed is infinite. From now all, all money must be given to me, a demonic popsicle, directly."

World economists scrambled to disprove his claim, but before they could find a piece of paper that just said "no, that's insane" Trump had printed an infinite amount of money and the universe had imploded to a single point.
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:14 am

Asked if Canada would join in any potential coalition military action in Syria, Prime Minister Trudeau's official reply was Image

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:27 am

we will help you in your fight against the Syrian/Russian alliance but first you must attack the evil moose

OUR WORDS ARE BACKED BY NUCLEAR SYRUP
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:43 am

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:50 pm

Martin Scorsese to Direct SCTV Retrospective Special for Netflix

This is going to be awesome.

Also (unlike my previous post) yes, THAT Martin Scorsese.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:39 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:55 pm

Van attack in Toronto today. Enough killed and injured that you'll see it in your local news if you want the gruesome details or bodycount.

Arrest footage is up... suspect yelling "Kill me, I have a gun" and the cop replying "I don't care. Get down."

Guy looks like a cue ball - lily white and clean-shaven, including a fully shaved head. It's still early yet, so speculation is nothing more than that... but it's possible this particular murderer isn't the usual ISIS fan. The last big attack - the kid in Quebec City - was white, and this happened in a minority-heavy area of town (well, more so than usual), so who knows.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:39 pm

Name released, and oh man... it looks like the dude was a fucking incel.

Yet one possible explanation has emerged online that suggests Minassian was angry over being rebuffed by women.

An apparent Facebook post by a man with the same name and photo as Minassian's LinkedIn profile refers to the "Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger," a 22-year-old responsible for a deadly rampage in Isla Vista, Calif., that left six people dead and a dozen more injured.

In a video posted ahead of that 2014 attack, Rodger raged about a number of women turning down his advances, rendering him an "incel," or involuntarily celibate. Rodger referred to the men who always seemed to win with women as "Chads" and the women who turned men down as "Stacys."

The apparent posting by Minassian says the "incel rebellion has already begun. We will overthrow all the Chads and the Stacys."

CBC News has not been able to independently verify the post as having been written by Minassian.

EDIT: As an update, Facebook has confirmed that the post did indeed appear to have been legitimately made by Minassian and on his genuine Facebook account.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat May 05, 2018 7:32 pm

So Dougie just drop-kicked backsliding reactionary Tanya Granic Allen out of the Ontario Conservative party even though she played kingmaker for him in the leadership campaign.

Hilariously, the last straw wasn't her anti-education, anti-LGBTQ, or anti-abortion views, it was her complaints that education in the balkans was entirely too progressive.