GooberGoats

Lyrai

GooberGoats

Postby Lyrai » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:04 am

http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/02 ... es-doxing/

Gamergate's doxxing board admin doxxes a federal judge.

Big Admin realizes this is really, really fucking stupid, deletes everything. Doxxing board admin flees to china. Sites are already being federal takedowned.

wtg 8chan.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: Misogyny Kills

Postby Mongrel » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:51 am

NNnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiice.

TedBelmont

Postby TedBelmont » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:13 am

Also, Biddix is basically homeless, and has been posting from free wifi at McDonald's, Starbucks, etc, to avoid being tracked down. The fleeing to China thing is probably because he thinks the Feds will just give up if he says he's fled the country. Yes, he is that dumb.

As for Brennan, wiping the board and making it un-indexable seems like evidence tampering, but AFAIK he's been living in the Philippines for several months now, so who knows what will happen there.

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:48 pm

Honestly the motivation for taking it down could be either way. It seems like if he were complying with the feds, the FIRST thing they would do would be to tell him to take it down (after they'd already sucked out whatever they needed, of course).

It's a form of damage control either way. It's just not clear whether it's good damage control or damage control that's going to make things much much worse for him.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:15 pm

Here's hoping it's for the worse!

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Say, do you have a source for the site takedowns? There's nothing mentioned about them in the article.

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:55 am

Now Gamergate wants to SWAT a retired 4-star general who was head of the NSA

[06:10:17pm -8] <Brentai> I feel like there was some conversation where somebody sarcastically asked them if they're trying to prove how little self-preservation instinct they have and one of the leaders went YES WE ARE
[06:10:20pm -8] <Brentai> WATCH THIS SHIT

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:01 am

So this would be the SWAT event horizon, where the process inverts itself.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:11 pm

A swat team is in the locker room gearing up when suddenly there's a loud bang on the door.

A nerd rushes in screaming in a high pitched voice about fucking feeders in mid while throwing his laptop down in front of them and continuing to play.

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:23 am

Do... do these people actually realize what swatting entails? Or do they think they're just summoning Dudes With Guns from the Gun Dimension with a haxx0red phone call?

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:08 am

They're so coked out on video game logic it honestly wouldn't surprise me.

In other news, the hits just keep on coming:
http://www.dailydot.com/entertainment/d ... ce-agenda/

GamerGater makes a horrific, awful film, loses a film festival, blames it on Teh Wimenz and agendas.
He made a post on the GamerGate Women Haters Clubhouse central about it, which I refuse to link because fuck those assholes.
The title: "I just sat through a night of indoctrination and been kicked in the nuts by the social justice agenda. I'm so fucking done. (self.KotakuInAction)"

Here's an outstanding breakdown someone else posted of the technical aspects."
I majored in Mass Media and took production courses in undergrad and this reminds me of the learning process. Here's my notes OP.
:04 - Garage door is overexposed. Check your white balance and focus too. These shots all look blurry - be sure to use critical focus before rolling.
:13 - you're missing a couple of frames, so that we see a cut to black and then a cut back to picture. The color temperature and the aperture has changed here so that the two shots also don't blend together, we aren't believing that one thing follows the other. Also, your camera is making to much noise or you're picking up a lot of ambient sound and not blending it across each cut - try deleting the audio if you don't need it, and make a wild audio track to use instead. This advice applies to pretty much every single shot and cut in this film.
:17 - focus please
:22 - again with the cut to black and cut to picture. again, your color temperature/exposure doesn't match. Although this shot does look the best so far.
:27 - FOCUS
:30 - FOCUS
What is going on in this first scene? The beginning of a film (even a vignette) should establish the characters, the setting, the motivations and goals for everyone. Basically everything should be telling us what's going on. I have no clue what the fuck is going on. Who is the fat guy? Why does he want a wooden sword from some dude's garage? Who was the blurry chick? If all the audience has is questions and confusion, we aren't invested or interested in the rest of the story.
:40 no. this is not how you use two clips side by side in the canvas. you have to correct the video's ratio so that it all fits what you're exporting. If you exported to 16:9 and you wanted a clip side by side, you would need to trim the viewable portions of the clip from the canvas by doing something like superimposing one on top the other and leaving some hanging off the edges, or just changing the properties of that clip (in the motion tab if you're using final cut, or the clip properties in Primere. can't remember what AVID does). Now you have a squished pile of shit and it looks ridiculous.
:43 SO MUCH. GOD. DAMNED. ECHO. use a damned lavalier on these guys if your boom doesn't work! Also, your lighting needs work, they are seriously underexposed. You should be using a 3 point setup . It's basic and easy.
:54 again with the focus.
:58 "yeah yeah, everyone's got one." Who the fuck said that? This guy has a mic on him, but we can't see him because of the lighting, and because of the blocking, he's way off on the edge of the frame. it's confusing and annoying.
1:01 oh god why couldn't you focus for this CU? It's also now obvious where your lights are - and that you were too lazy to move them for the shot. or at least to reposition your actor so we could see his face. Hint: try using some scrims or a filter or something to make it softer, that hard light is really amateur hour.
1:05 can't hear what she's saying. The rest of her lines are so quiet that we have no idea what's going on, and the soundtrack actually gets louder than the dialogue. What the fuck, can't you hear that?
1:08 again with the split screen and squishyness. DON'T DO THIS.
1:16 overexposed
~1:20 the "shadow puppet" look is clever
1:31 theres a sound artifact or something here, we lose audio for a second.
1:50 you have two jump cuts in a row. ugh. what the fuck.
1:55 cutting between over the shoulder shots should use an angle which makes sense. imagine a line between the actors . If your camera's distance is the same to the actors, then you should always move the camera equally: so it should go from 135 degrees to 45 degrees, never from 90 degrees to 45 degrees.
2:00 again with the jumpcuts. You know what those are, right?
Because of the shitty audio, we still have no idea what's going on. This girl in this cafe was telling some story about the fat guy and then suddenly they're talking in some park. ok.
2:05 hey, you remembered to set the white balance for these shots! Now it actually looks ok for a second! oh, more jump cuts :(
2:17 WHAT THE SHIT WHY DID YOU THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA . Even ang lee's hulk didn't look this bad.
2:23. oh great, your color is fucked up again.
2:26. different in the VERY NEXT SHOT. in every scene you should have a consistent exposure and color balance, it gives the viewer a sense of continuity.
2:29. Ok i actually like your cuts here. they work and it's kinda clever.
2:30 check out that hard shadow behind your actress . use a fucking sheet or something to diffuse the light. is that a tungsteen light? aren't you guys outside? it should be 56k. it's too yellow. do you know what color temperature is? Or is that just the sun? it looks weird. hint: nothing about the lighting, the colors, the camera movement, or the focus should ever distract an audience from what's going on.
I'm going to be repeating a lot of my points now so I'll just stick with whatever bugs me the most.
2:50 you tried to do a rack focus but it was so slow, she should have come into critical focus much quicker
3:14 did you forget the rule of thirds? why is she so far out of frame? this shot shouldn't have been used, you should have ditched it in editing.
3:18 NOOOOOO. In case I wasn't clear before, never resize your clips in the canvas unless you have the proportions constrained, or you are eliminating portions of the clip.
3:30 - 3:34. what's going on here? is she teleporting or something? If the audience has to ask, then you've fucked up somewhere.
3:38 seriously what the fuck
3:47 you have an object insert and it's not even in focus. what the fuck.
3:49 unless you either know how to use aftereffects or you can afford someone who does, don't do these kinds of special effects. they look like shit, and it makes your work look like a parody of something else.
I refuse to watch the rest of this. OK, i skipped through the rest for anything else that was good. I saw the "... to be continued." A final word of advice? /u/Rebelarch, don't continue this. go re read your fucking textbooks, watch some videos on intros to cinematography, the basics of camera movements, different types of shots, different types of cuts, ways to do color correction. If you are taking the basics right now, study harder. read some stuff like this for fucks sake .
this is just an analysis of the technical aspects, I don't really get into the problems with storytelling, but this post [Link to a reddit post deconstructing the barely comprehensable story]by /u/chiwiddat that you more or less dismissed is really worth rereading a few times. If you wrote this thing you are definitely leaning on some old and tired plot devices which will make your audience even more bored and frustrated than they are from the lack of focus.
seriously what the fuck

All links are his.

Seriously fuck Gamergate and fuck the assholes who think it is, or ever was, about muh ethics.

TedBelmont

Postby TedBelmont » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:55 am

What is it with Gators and submitting half-assed things to competitions, then blaming "THE SJWS" when they lose to actual competently made things?

Büge

Postby Büge » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:22 am

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Maybe he just needed a motivational speech from the coach for manly man's mans

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:23 pm

I'm not apologizing for the movement here but given the possible narratives of "GooberGrunt is to blame for this asshole" and "This guy is just an asshole", I'm going with the Occam's Razor one.

Classic

Postby Classic » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:43 pm

Uh.
At the risk of being rude:
No one's positing the former. People are saying that this kind of insane persecution complex makes this asshole a shoe-in for being a gator.

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:45 pm

The official roster of Gamergate has no such person listed.

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:30 pm

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:46 pm

tl;dr seriously, what the fuck

EDIT: oh god it just hit me

I layered multiple video feeds together to have action play on multiple screens cut to fit the screen like comic book panels

holy christ he's trying to do what Ang Lee did in Hulk.

Don't get me wrong, I'm one of those guys who LIKED Hulk, and particularly liked the "comic book panel" stuff Lee did.

But Ang Lee didn't go squishing the aspect ratio.

EDIT 2: Another thing that just hit me: the last time I heard someone use the word "agenda" as many times as #gg, it was a Libertarian classmate denying climate change.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:44 pm

Wait... the squished aspect ratio is actually in the film? I thought that was just the .gif?