Race: The Final Frontier

Friday

Re: Race: The Final Frontier

Postby Friday » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:34 pm

I'll be honest, I was expecting Hitler, but that's probably because I have ceased to give the right any credit whatsoever.
ImageImageImage

mharr

Postby mharr » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:48 am

I also don't believe his version of events for a second. I'm sure some unpleasant language was involved, but the majority response would have been tired. Like "Really, dude? You're doing this now? You're fucking worthless."

WingSounds

Postby WingSounds » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:14 pm

mharr wrote:I also don't believe his version of events for a second. I'm sure some unpleasant language was involved, but the majority response would have been tired. Like "Really, dude? You're doing this now? You're fucking worthless."

His friend sighed, took off the white... Ghost... Pillowsheet mask, ran his fingers under the bags under his eyes, and said...

"Pal. Dial it the fuck down. Please."

This so wounded his warrior's soul that he fled back home, leaving his kids at the trail of treats, and began to type up his twitternovel, snot streaming down his nose.

Also, he edited his pal into a 'leftist/globalist' because it fit the real-life fanfiction better.
I'd place money on it.

Friday

Postby Friday » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:04 pm

There's a civil war going on in this country, it's just a war of information.

I haven't played the MGS series but I know enough about it to know that La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo suppor --

Wait, what the fuck?

I meant to say the people who support La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo are --

Okay ANYWAY, every time a person writes a story like this, they're firing a shot.

To quote another game about the war of information, Deus Ex has Silhouette, a french resistance cell that wars entirely in information, because they understand how important that is. They are of course hunted down physically and killed because their enemy understands how much damage they can do without ever using a gun.

The point I'm making is this: People are memeing about Civil War 2: This time it's not Entirely about Slavery but still about Slavery, but it's already started. It's just "cold", right now. Sure, the right and the left have always fought using information and information control, but I don't think anyone would argue with me when I say that it's gotten a lot worse since La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo took office with the help of Volgin.
ImageImageImage

WingSounds

Postby WingSounds » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:05 pm

Friday wrote:There's a civil war going on in this country, it's just a war of information. + A lot of insightful stuff you should really read.

All of this. As someone who enjoys Metal Gear for, uh... I like... All the character designs...

One of the things I worry about the most is how much disinformation is fought through memes and soundbites. Popular, easy-to-understand fiction will always win against the truth, even if the truth is similarly concise (and it rarely is). That being said, Volgin will not last forever. I might start a thread about things out west, if people would be interested? It's kind of an overlooked area, given how - relevant it is, to all this.

Uh, also, thanks for making me want to replay Deus Ex... Ahaha!..

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:26 pm

WingSounds

Postby WingSounds » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:02 pm

Mmn, I think that's probably been released to encourage those wavering about all these recent events.

"See! The folks in the past were willing to be just a wee bit completely and unapologetically racist. You like the past. The past isn't so bad. So it's okay to be racist in the present!.."

Naturally, I'm not surprised to see Billy Graham miraculously appear, again...
Probably a good time to grab a boombox, load up the tapes, and attend a Franklin Graham instant-evangelisation tour.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:12 pm

Considering how many times Trump gets compared directly to Nixon, that doesn't seem like the slickest hustle. "Hey everyone, quick reminder that it could be worse! Also, it probably will be."

That said if it's trying to discredit anyone it's more going after Graham and his religion than the state, which... yeah let's just chew on that happening a couple of days after a guy driving a mobile Trump shrine went full terrorist and a church got attacked.

(Cult. Cult. Cult. Cult. CultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultCULTCULTCULTCULTCULTCULTCULT IT'S A FUCKING CULT.)

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:29 pm

Actually it turns out that we're probably overestimating the conspiracy angle here, as it was the staff at the Nixon Library who released it, because it was the 6-month anniversary of Graham's death and therefore no longer deemed to be "sensitive".

That's without getting into the fact of their extending Graham such an undeserved courtesy so long as he was alive.

That said, I'm sure you've got to have something going on with you to work at the Nixon Library.

WingSounds

Postby WingSounds » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:48 pm

I tend to always overestimate my enemy. I'm like a shitty dimestore Zhuge Liang.
And I tend to always underestimate the common people, but I refuse to back down from that one.
Guess it's just best to take what I say with a grain of salt.
... Though, I'm now curious what it would be to actually work at the Nixon Library.

Oh, and - ceterum censeo, CULTus.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:44 pm

:thisismysurprisedface:

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:31 pm

Newsweek: Kansas Official Tells Black Woman He's Member of the 'Master Race:' 'Don't Ever Forget That'
The remark ... has been branded as racist

You don't say.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:13 pm

“I don't want you to feel like I'm picking on you. Because we are part of the master race,” he said in the meeting. “You have a gap in your teeth you're the master race, don’t ever forget that.”

He also said... she was in the master race? I'm not questioning it's a racist term but... what the fuck was he trying to convey?

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:15 pm

He might have just been floundering, trying to recover from a fuck up and all his brain could do in the one second that he had was go "shit! shit! say she's also the master race!"

or he's just a fucking crazy racist person. remember that a lot of human behavior (and this fact infuriates economists and game theorists) is not actually logical or even explainable, in any way.
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm

Yeah, apparently it was some kind of "Hey we're both gap-toothed! We're part of the gap-tooth Master Race!" and I can even see that... but even that's completely idiotic and still racist.

The other incidents are weird too like he's again saying colossally stupid shit and half catching himself, but also not? The bigger picture seems like if he's not actually racist, he's at least deeply ignorant - and regardless, that he's definitely a bonehead.

tl;dr: "Republican appointee acts like one"

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:30 pm

I think he was trying to pivot onto the "Californian liberals are the REAL prejudiced ones!" talking point that's real popular in areas suffering from extreme postjudice.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:22 am

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:39 pm

Mississippi man has had six trials for the same events due to blatant prosecutorial shenanigans: http://amylhowe.com/2019/03/14/argument ... selection/

Bonus round: It's been the same prosecutor all six times; at this point it's probably HIM they ought to be trying for murder.

EDIT:
First the court says you can't selectively strike black jurors, and then the court says you can't selectively strike black jurors. How is a prosecutor supposed to know what to do?

Büge

Postby Büge » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:28 am

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:16 pm

With nary a mask in sight!

Can't say I was half as surprised as the OP though.