A Shotgunner on the Roof

Romosome

A Shotgunner on the Roof

Postby Romosome » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:50 pm

Last night at around midnight, the condo next to me was raided by a SWAT team.

I heard shouting from my patio, in the dark, and looked out to see two men with shotguns on the roof of our carport overlooking our patios, aiming into my neighbors' patio. They shouted for them to lay down on their belly right before kicking in their door.

I did not want to go outside and wave a phone around yelling CITIZENS RIGHT I'M RECORDING YOU to a small army of men in full military gear with guns, but I did get this photo from my bedroom window:

That is one of two armored vehicles. The other was on the other side of our building, flanking it. The man in the turret there is manning a machine gun which my neighbor said was pointed at our building initially.

I saw my neighbors in handcuffs. They left with the cops, apparently, after a long search of their house. The whole incident was terrifying, and I feel pretty useless not being able to do anything but "go about my business".

Romosome

Re: A Shotgunner on the Roof

Postby Romosome » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:14 pm

The city police department here in Orange apparently barely knew anything about what went down last night. Seems that was the Fullerton PD and their SWAT team rolling in, breaking shit, littering gloves everywhere, and leaving.

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:28 pm

<SimonTheDigger> With gay marriage legalized the homozone needs policing more than ever

Cthulhu-chan

Postby Cthulhu-chan » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:40 am

Romosome wrote:The city police department here in Orange apparently barely knew anything about what went down last night. Seems that was the Fullerton PD and their SWAT team rolling in, breaking shit, littering gloves everywhere, and leaving.

what?

Romosome

Postby Romosome » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:52 am

Latex gloves. There were black pairs of them left all over the parking lot. They put them on to search the house and then just tossed them on the ground afterwards and drove off.

Also, this should probably go in the personal forum, sorry for being spun.

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:40 am

Either drug dealer, or someone got swatted.

Romosome

Postby Romosome » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:28 pm

The marijuana plants there were all legal and the cops didn't touch them. They turned the place inside out looking for something and apparently found it. The tenant's cousin claims that they were just after a friend with prior gun charges. It's sketchy every which way.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:02 pm

Yeah, definitely a drug dealer. You maybe had a meth lab right above your head?