Y'all Qaeda

Grath

Re: Y'all Qaeda

Postby Grath » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:44 pm

Thad wrote:Sad to hear about the loss of life, but relieved that it wasn't worse.

It still could be, depending on how the remaining occupiers react to this news.

Now that he's in jail, is Ammon Bundy's mom still going to be posting on Facebook for supporters to send snacks? If not, I think it'll end pretty simple.

François

Postby François » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Cannibalism?

Grath

Postby Grath » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:58 pm

François wrote:Cannibalism?

I thought that was if you're in the mountains of California.

Also, Some 'militia' still in the refuge but FBI have set up roadblocks and told the media to clear out, so... sounds like this is gonna end in siege with options of "come out and get arrested or shot depending on whether or not you're an idiot and point your guns at us" or "stay in there and starve".

Mazian

Postby Mazian » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:44 pm

The remaining occupiers' current demands are pardons for everyone, including the ones that are already arrested. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmno.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:24 am

FBI surrounds Malheur wildlife refuge

Livestream from the four remaining inside:

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:35 am

Aaaaaand they've all surrendered.

Grath

Postby Grath » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:19 am

Mothra wrote:Aaaaaand they've all surrendered.

Apparently not quite yet? We'll see how it shakes out.

Bonus: Cliven Bundy (the father of the main occupier, who's been doing double-barreled-middle-fingers at the government since 2014 for not paying for two decades of his cows grazing on federal land) was driving out to show up for some reason. They arrested him too.

François

Postby François » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:14 pm

More live nonsense.

Fry is comparing himself to Jesus, says he'll be shot when he comes out like the Romans killed Jesus when he surrendered. When asked what he wants the FBI to promise him, he says wants the FBI to promise him he won't have to pay taxes that go to providing abortion before he comes out, and that he'll be allowed to go to the special prison for rich people where he'll be protected. "When I go to prison, I'll probably be raped."

At least it seems he's alone in his insane last stand.

EDIT: Aaaaand he's leaving. Whew.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:49 pm

Live stream from earlier had a lot of ranting from the remaining four about how nobody ended up coming out and rallying behind them. I don't think they ever expected this not to explode into a full-on down-home grassroots all-American uprising.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Wed May 25, 2016 4:23 pm

Ryan Bundy wrote:My Second Amendment rights are being violated. I never waived that right.

Uh... dude? That's... okay, lemme try and break this down. Your rights are suspended because YOU'RE IN FUCKING JAIL.

If the stupid doesn't stop soon... well, in the words of a poet, I might just do an acrobatic pirouette and blow my brains out.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Wed May 25, 2016 4:38 pm

Liberty died the day we stopped allowing inmates to open carry.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:29 pm

I hear that the GOP platform now proposes essentially doing away with public lands. Like a big, fat kiss for the Bundy clan.

...wait a sec, I had a thought. That crowd insists that the federal government can't hold land besides forts, military bases, and the capitol, right? So what if we just reclassify every single national park as a military installation of some kind? Post a handful of Marines in a kiosk somewhere near the Grand Canyon, and have them do something vaguely military-ish every day to keep the classification. Like, fly a drone, drive a tank around the perimeter, or shoot targets of a zombie bin Laden and call it "anti-terror training."

I await all your Nobel Prizes, ticker tape parades, and Blingee'd thank-you cards.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:05 pm

Washington state Rep. Matt Shea acknowledged Wednesday he had distributed a four-page manifesto titled “Biblical Basis for War,” which describes the Christian God as a “warrior,” details the composition and strategies of a “Holy Army” and condemns abortion and same-sex marriage.

The document is organized in 14 sections with multiple tiers of bullet points and a smattering of biblical citations. Under one heading, “Rules of War,” it makes a chilling prescription for enemies who flout “biblical law.” It states, “If they do not yield – kill all males.”

After the document was leaked online Tuesday, the Spokane Valley Republican insisted he was not promoting violence and that the message had been taken out of context.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/o ... document-/

mharr

Postby mharr » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:10 pm

What are people imagining when they think of this incomprehensible entity that encompasses all of time and space as 'a warrior'? Is their deity basically a cheap re-skin of Marvel's Thor?

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:00 pm

mharr wrote:What are people imagining when they think of this incomprehensible entity that encompasses all of time and space as 'a warrior'? Is their deity basically a cheap re-skin of Marvel's Thor?

In their universe, the ultimate deity is one which will punish anyone they don't like.