Oh shit, what are we gonna do now?

Metal Slime

Re: Oh shit, what are we gonna do now?

Postby Metal Slime » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:09 pm

Annnnnd Sessions resigned not even 24 hours after midterms at Trump's behest.

Strap yourselves in and expect a Mueller firing within weeks - if not days, or even today.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:37 pm

Also he was on some "Let's milk the fuck out of patents" board.

He's basically a grifter.

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:05 pm

Metal Slime wrote:Annnnnd Sessions resigned not even 24 hours after midterms at Trump's behest.

Strap yourselves in and expect a Mueller firing within weeks - if not days, or even today.

Apparently Whitaker has previously floated the idea of keeping Mueller but cutting his budget to the bone.

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:07 pm

If Whitaker interferes, he opens himself up to an obstruction of justice investigation.

If we accept that impeachment is unlikely and the best outcome of the Mueller probe is that Trump doesn't get re-elected because he's a crook, there are plenty of things a Democratic House can do to make that point.

Not saying that any interference with the Mueller probe would be a good thing. Just that it would be a lot of risk for a uncertain reward.

Trump, of course, is not a rational person. He doesn't have a plan. He doesn't listen to advice or consider consequences.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:15 pm

If you lived in Donald Trump's reality you wouldn't pay much attention to logic either.

(Especially because he keeps making fun of your name.)

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:01 pm

Someone also found this ancient gem:

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:01 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:27 pm

By the way, did anyone else see the bit about Sarah Huckabee Sanders (who is apparently being referred to online as "Shucks" now) actually using an InfoWars video the other day to justify Trump's position?

We're at the point where Alex Jones is essentially interchangeable with the POTUS.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:36 pm

Mongrel wrote:By the way, did anyone else see the bit about Sarah Huckabee Sanders (who is apparently being referred to online as "Shucks" now) actually using an InfoWars video the other day to justify Trump's position?

The one about Jim Acosta shooing away and/or assaulting the intern during that press tantrum the other day? Because the fact that we're having to Zapruder whether he gently touched or karate chopped someone makes me want to crush my skull between my own palms.

Like, does anyone else feel personally insulted when this administration tries to get us not to believe our lying eyes? Like, how fucking stupid do you think we are?
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:39 pm

He should'a just bodyslammed 'em.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:53 pm

Yoji wrote:
Mongrel wrote:By the way, did anyone else see the bit about Sarah Huckabee Sanders (who is apparently being referred to online as "Shucks" now) actually using an InfoWars video the other day to justify Trump's position?

The one about Jim Acosta shooing away and/or assaulting the intern during that press tantrum the other day? Because the fact that we're having to Zapruder whether he gently touched or karate chopped someone makes me want to crush my skull between my own palms.

Like, does anyone else feel personally insulted when this administration tries to get us not to believe our lying eyes? Like, how fucking stupid do you think we are?

Yeah, that's the one.

His descending past the level of InfoWars aside, I'm amazed Trump hasn't already banned any of the press who are the least bit unfriendly to him.

mharr

Postby mharr » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:15 am

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:16 pm

*cackling*

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:35 am

The article itself is incredibly spicy, with highlights like this one:

And perhaps most importantly, he could be found using his résumé as a former U.S. attorney to threaten clients who intended to go public about how World Patent Marketing had scammed them. In August 2015, the Miami New Times tells us, Whitaker decided to go after one possible client himself, sending a threatening letter from his official firm account:

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the current acting attorney general in a previous life, leveraging his career in federal law enforcement to run protection for a criminal enterprise.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:59 pm

Who says that editorial cartoons are dead?

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:09 am

Mueller says Manafort lied after pleading guilty, should be sentenced immediately

Man, I haven't even listened to last week's All the President's Lawyers, and I already can't wait for this week's.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:56 pm

Guardian: Manafort held secret talks with Assange in Ecuadorian embassy

Donald Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort held secret talks with Julian Assange inside the Ecuadorian embassy in London, and visited around the time he joined Trump’s campaign, the Guardian has been told.

Sources have said Manafort went to see Assange in 2013, 2015 and in spring 2016 – during the period when he was made a key figure in Trump’s push for the White House.

It is unclear why Manafort wanted to see Assange and what was discussed. But the last meeting is likely to come under scrutiny and could interest Robert Mueller, the special prosecutor who is investigating alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

A well-placed source has told the Guardian that Manafort went to see Assange around March 2016. Months later WikiLeaks released a stash of Democratic emails stolen by Russian intelligence officers.

Manafort’s 2016 visit to Assange lasted about 40 minutes, one source said, adding that the American was casually dressed when he exited the embassy, wearing sandy-coloured chinos, a cardigan and a light-coloured shirt.

Visitors normally register with embassy security guards and show their passports. Sources in Ecuador, however, say Manafort was not logged.

Embassy staff were aware only later of the potential significance of Manafort’s visit and his political role with Trump, it is understood.

Interesting.

Also, how is it possible that all of these lunatics know each other. I feel like conspiracy dude with a corkboard covered in notes linked by red strings.

atog

Postby atog » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:27 pm

At least Winona Ryder was able to follow the christmas lights to find Will.

Following the Manafort Trail just leads you into Upside-Down Red Square.
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:52 pm

https://www.emptywheel.net/2018/11/26/m ... able-plea/

Argument being made here is that Manafort continued to lie to Mueller because Trump has promised him a pardon in exchange for being a mole for the Trump team. But Mueller has anticipated that, and not only has pardon-proof indictments and forfeitures (Manafort will have every penny he owns seized and can and will be charged by various State courts), but has also been using Manafort as an unwitting triple-agent dupe to further tighten the ropes around Trump's neck.

Also, he's apparently set things up in such a way that he has now guaranteed that his inquiry will be able to release their results publicly, as part of Manafort's sentencing documentation. This is because Whitaker is Executive Branch and supposedly cannot suppress these sorts of Judicial branch filings if Rosenstein has already signed off on them (though IANACL and there's some disagreement in the comments about that).

EDIT: Reminded me of this

mharr

Postby mharr » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:01 pm

Mongrel wrote:I feel like conspiracy dude with a corkboard covered in notes linked by red strings.

I'm trying to decide whether Robert A Wilson would have been relieved or disappointed that he missed all of this.