Oh shit, what are we gonna do now?

Mongrel

Re: Oh shit, what are we gonna do now?

Postby Mongrel » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:36 pm

This headline is just so much fun to read:
Manafort Left an Incriminating Paper Trail Because He Couldn’t Figure Out How to Convert PDFs to Word Files

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:57 pm

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:20 pm

Exciting, but I don't see any source I trust (or honestly even any I don't other than that guy) reporting similar. Infact, there's still an active press event as I'm writing this and Trump may also currently be in a meeting?

Plus, the next tweet from that guy was stealing the missing remote joke that you linked without a retweet or mention, so I'm inclined to not believe him from the start.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:28 pm

beatbandito wrote:Exciting, but I don't see any source I trust (or honestly even any I don't other than that guy) reporting similar. Infact, there's still an active press event as I'm writing this and Trump may also currently be in a meeting?

Plus, the next tweet from that guy was stealing the missing remote joke that you linked without a retweet or mention, so I'm inclined to not believe him from the start.

Valid criticisms, but it turns out there was something after all and it's a doozie at that:

Well, for 24 hours, until Sanders explains tomorrow that the President didn't really say what he said (oh man that is gonna be a press conference to watch). In the meantime, watch as various Republicans' heads burst into flames seemingly at random!

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:29 pm

<Cannonball Fun> This is a really zany holodeck episode where the Voyager crew all wants a turn to be president, but whoopsies they forgot to restart the program between turns.
<ewie> that explains the random food plotlines

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:35 pm

Okay, glad to see there's something to it. And doubly-so what it is.

Whenever I read about Trump doing something I agree with, a clip of the of the reaver swarm from the end of Serenity is playing in the back of my head.

François

Postby François » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Gun control is now officially the only concept in the universe that is so good and smart that even Donald Trump agrees with it.

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:55 pm

Also Hope Hicks is out.

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:52 am

François wrote:Gun control is now officially the only concept in the universe that is so good and smart that even Donald Trump agrees with it.

wait until he turns on the TV and gets new orders from the mothership.

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:57 am

I'm a cowboy, and I know two things: I don't like pain when I cath, and guns don't belong in schools.
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:18 pm

François

Postby François » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:50 am

Good grief, add that one to the towering "things that would have sparked an uprising if Obama had said them" pile.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:43 am

WaPo: Trump at lowest point in months, White House staff in chaos; fear and uncertainty reign in the Oval Office

Inside the White House, aides over the past week have described an air of anxiety and volatility — with an uncontrollable commander in chief at its center.

These are the darkest days in at least half a year, they say, and they worry just how much farther President Trump and his administration may plunge into unrest and malaise before they start to recover. As one official put it: “We haven’t bottomed out.”

Retired four-star Army general Barry McCaffrey said the American people — and Congress especially — should be alarmed.

“I think the president is starting to wobble in his emotional stability and this is not going to end well,” McCaffrey said. “Trump’s judgment is fundamentally flawed, and the more pressure put on him and the more isolated he becomes, I think, his ability to do harm is going to increase.”

I'm sure this won't end badly or anything.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:57 am

Twitter thread, but pretty fucking amazing. Detailed summary of the Russian Indictments, with tons of citations.

It's like the Russians took two great U.S. innovations: advertising and marketing, and turned it against us with analytical rigor. "The americans lie to themselves all the time. they won't notice if we join them."

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:59 am

Okay, just one more.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Anyone seen this yet? Former Trump aide Sam Nunburg has bizarre meltdown on CNN after being served with a subpoena by Mueller

Oh and that list actually misses one of the best quotes: "My lawyer is gonna drop me after this."

...all on national TV...

EDIT:
Nunberg is definitely up to like half a Mooch right now

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:26 am

Erin Burnett: "Sam, I have to ask you one other thing. It's an awkward question to ask. You're sitting very close to me. We talked earlier about what people in the White House were saying to you. Talking about whether you were drinking or on drugs or whatever had happened today. Talking to you, I have smelled alcohol on your breath."

Sam Nunberg: "Well, I have not had a drink."

Burnett: "You haven't had a drink?"

Nunberg: "No."

Burnett: "So, that's not true? Because it is the talk out there. Again, I know it's awkward. Let me give you the question. No, you haven't had a drink?"

Nunberg: "My answer is no. I have not."

Burnett: "Anything else?"

Nunberg: "No. Besides my meds ... Anti-depressants. Is that OK?"

She hastily ended the interview there.

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:56 am

...also, this thing where he keeps saying it would take him "80 hours" to find all the e-mails he's exchanged with Roger Stone and Steve Bannon.

Does he...not know that if you click on "From", it will sort all your e-mails by sender? Is this like how every time I go over to my grandma's house, she has somehow managed to hide the icon bar in her e-mail client again?

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:26 pm

Thad wrote:...also, this thing where he keeps saying it would take him "80 hours" to find all the e-mails he's exchanged with Roger Stone and Steve Bannon.

Does he...not know that if you click on "From", it will sort all your e-mails by sender? Is this like how every time I go over to my grandma's house, she has somehow managed to hide the icon bar in her e-mail client again?

Mongrel wrote:This headline is just so much fun to read:
Manafort Left an Incriminating Paper Trail Because He Couldn’t Figure Out How to Convert PDFs to Word Files

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:32 pm

Converting a PDF to a Word doc is considerably more difficult than sorting email by sender.