Oh shit, what are we gonna do now?

McDohl

Re: Oh shit, what are we gonna do now?

Postby McDohl » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Well, why do you think white terrorists always seem to survive police action when unarmed non-white people always die?

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:18 pm

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:02 pm

The funniest part is that it's NOT the guy who played Mark Twain on TNG.

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:18 am

If it was, the world would end due to every living person slam voting for him at precisely the same instant, creating a rip in space/time and sucking the planet into another dimension made entirely of that noise he makes.
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:10 pm

CNN: Trump held a cabinet meeting yesterday where he straight up told them to lick his asshole lavish praise on him. Of course they obliged.

Remember the line about "Trump is like the villain in a movie where the hero is a dog"?

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Air Bud discovers he has the uncanny ability to restore freedom and democracy to America by running between Trump's legs while Trump attempts to grab him but Trump misses, loses his balance, and falls into a vat of something disgusting

*surfacing*

*sputtering, spitting out disgusting fluid*

"That dog is a real pain in the toupee!"

*several child actors enter White House*

"Quick, grab the Constitution!", says Timmy to Julie

*the children remove the Constitution from the contraption that was slowly lowering it into a fire just in time*
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:24 pm

*attempting to leave the White House, the children are confronted by Pence and Bannon*

Bannon: "You bratty kids have been a real problem for me, especially the black female, but now your interference with our plan is at an end!"

Pence: "Get 'em!"

*as the men lunge for the kids, suddenly Air Bud runs by, tripping both with a hockey stick*

Timmy: "Buddy! I didn't know you could play hockey too!"

Air Bud: *just continues barking*
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Also, the 9th circuit court yesterday ruled that Presidential tweets (or other social media postings) should be legally treated as official statements.

Among other things this would make it illegal for him to delete them.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:27 pm

@ Friday: the first one was good, but the second is the one that got me laughing.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:27 pm

Well, there's nothing in the Constitution saying a dog can't run for president...

Mongrel wrote:One of the more interesting comments was from someone with a history of working with police investigators. He thought it was most telling that Trump never asked Comey about the Russian investigation in and of itself. It's a habit seen in guilty people - innocent people being interrogated will ask the cops what happened, when, and so forth, but the guilty and stupid won't bother because they already know what happened and forget or don't know that they need to pretend to be curious.

That's been bugging me for quite a while now. Like, everything he does smacks of someone with something to hide; I'm pretty sure I've met children with more cunning than him. How anyone can defend him just... ugh, where's Shankar Vedantam when you need him? Because I just can't figure out that psychosis.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:43 pm

Latest Trump / Fox News talking points memo clearly is "try to discredit Mueller (even if you were talking about how great he is two weeks ago)." Rumors yesterday that Trump was planning to fire him.

Since then, Ryan has reiterated support for Mueller, which...doesn't really mean a goddamn thing, but at least for the moment puts him at odds with Trump.

Rosenstein (sitting in for Sessions before the Appropriations Committee) testified today that if Trump orders him to fire Mueller, he'll refuse unless given good cause (and added that he is not aware of any such good cause), so the question of what Ryan will do in case of a Saturday Night Massacre situation where Trump fires everybody down the DoJ leadership chain until he finds someone willing to fire the special prosecutor is a relevant one. Trump and his puppeteers will do whatever they think they can get away with, and it's not at all clear what line they'd have to cross for House Republicans to push back.

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:39 pm

The Washington Post is citing anonymous sources as saying that Trump is now under investigation for obstruction of justice. (But hey, he's not personally under investigation for colluding with Russia! He wants to make sure everybody knows that!)

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:38 am

It's sort of bizarre the way Jeb Bush has become the Republican woobie.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:07 pm

you guys have been watching this thing where the House GOP are not going to provide the text of the AHCA to anyone but the CBO and then aren't even going to release the contents of the bill after it's law?

...!?!?!?!?

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:19 am

I'm...not sure how this is any better for them than just telling everyone what's in the bill. They might as well call the thing The Healthcare Bill That Everybody Is Really Going to Fucking Hate But We're Going to Pass It Anyway.

Bal

Postby Bal » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:22 am

The Murder Bill.

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:22 am

Meanwhile: Trump Will Allow ‘Dreamers’ to Stay in U.S., Reversing Campaign Promise

The Department of Homeland Security announced late Thursday night that it would continue the Obama-era program intended to protect those immigrants from deportation and provide them work permits so they can find legal employment.

A fact sheet posted on the department’s website says immigrants enrolled in the 2012 program, known as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, “will continue to be eligible” to renew every two years and notes that “no work permits will be terminated prior to their current expiration dates.”

...huh. Can't help wondering what the catch is, or how long this is going to last. DACA has already proven to be a pretty handy way to collect a list of undocumented immigrants so that ICE can round them up.

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:38 pm

Vox: We asked 8 Senate Republicans to explain what their health bill is trying to do

tl;dr "We don't have a bill, and we can't name one single thing that may eventually go into the bill, but the bill we don't have and can't explain or describe is definitely way better than Obamacare."

This doesn't necessarily contradict Slavitt's contention that the bill is nearly done; Vox says these interviews were conducted over the past week, so it's possible that it's only come together in the past few days (in which case it would probably be very similar to the House bill, not something new entirely as various senators have repeatedly claimed). But it sure sounds like as recently as a few days ago, they didn't have shit.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:01 am

Spicer out.

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:00 pm

Mongrel wrote:Spicer out.

Because he's too fat!