Oh shit, what are we gonna do now?

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: Oh shit, what are we gonna do now?

Postby Mongrel » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:04 pm

A friend of mine quipped that "I like to imagine that's the face Pence makes whenever he's controlling Trump telepathically."

Another good one from the Youtube comments (of all places!) was "Why does Trump have a creepy mannequin next to him?"

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:14 pm

https://www.mediaite.com/donald-trump/f ... his-suite/

Casler then claimed that Trump is a “speed freak,” and that Trump “crushes up his Adderall and he sniffs it because he can’t read, so he gets really nervous when he has to read the cue cards.”

Casler told the crowd “I’m not kidding this is true. I had a 24-page NDA non-disclosure agreement, I didn’t know that he was becoming president, now it’s no way dumbass, I’m telling you everything I know.”

I worked on a bunch of those beauty pageants he had in the nineties too. That was a good idea, Miss teen universe? Yeah, that’s like giving Jeffrey Dahmer a cooking show. He would line up the girls on the side of the stage, and he would inspect them literally, he would stick his little freaking doll fingers in their mouth and look at their teeth. I’m not kidding, this is true, he would line them up like they were pieces of meat. He’d be like, “You, you, and you, if you want to win I’m in the penthouse suite, come and see me.” Yep. If Trump had a cooking show they’d caught the douchebag diet. McDonald’s, chocolate ice cream, and girls that look like Ivanka are all he ever eats.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:22 pm

Trump a ‘terrible human being’ said Trump’s pick for new chief of staff

mharr

Postby mharr » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:39 pm

I'm sure I've seen this guy before somewhere.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:57 pm

When your tax shelter nonprofit that's really just an llc in disguise gets dissolved and is forced to give away all of your money that it was holding onto.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:50 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:00 pm

Globe: Who - and where - is Boris Birshtein?

There exists a mysterious yet real person with connections to the ex-KGB community, Russian political leadership (including Putin himself), various Russian mafias, various central Asian leaders, and... Trump. All for decades.

mharr

Postby mharr » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:34 pm

Moves are being made against the right to record the police. Surveillance for the masses, privacy for the powers that be. This feels like a particularly big one.

JEFFERSON CITY — In a free speech ruling that contradicts six other federal circuit courts, the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals has upheld a district court ruling that says Americans do not have a first amendment right to videotape the police, or any public official, in public.

The court of appeals filed the opinion July 25.

https://krcgtv.com/news/local/eighth-ci ... -in-public

Friday

Postby Friday » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:33 pm

"Black person being shot in the back seventeen times while fleeing, begging for life now illegal to film"

In a controversial move called by many "controversial", the corrupt as fuck authority figures have made it illegal to film them doing morally bankrupt murders with near constant regularity. When asked for reasons as to why civilians were no longer allowed to film them and would instead be shot in the face for doing so, they shot our reporter in the face, laughed, and then talked about how cool it is being a cop before retiring for donuts and a discussion about how black people are genetically inferior and have crime in their DNA.
ImageImageImage

Thad

Postby Thad » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:04 am

I don't have many positive things to say about the Roberts Court, but I find it pretty hard to see the Roberts Court upholding this ruling.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:17 am

do you think Ben Carson hasn't resigned yet because he forgot he has the job?

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:19 am

Minor update.

Because Manafort's lawyers don't know how to do redactions, they've inadvertently revealed that he met with a member of Russian intelligence in Madrid and almost certainly gave them campaign polls.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:36 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:02 pm

It really is real: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/track ... cter-wall/

holy shit

Here's the full episode:

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:49 pm

I remember that coming up right after the election and people freaking out just the same. I'm not saying the specifics of "I want to build a wall and am lying about the reason but you have no definite proof it's a lie, just common sense" isn't pretty dead on, but try to remember that this was written shortly after Fred Trump testified before the senate as part of an investigation on profiteering.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Oh there's no way the writers didn't know Fred Trump. The odds are just way too far against pure coincidence. The actor playing the huckster even looks like Fred Trump did at the time.

Especially given that 'Trump' as a surname was an invention of Fred's father, so there's no history for the name in the US outside that family (as far as I know).

But even so!

mharr

Postby mharr » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:51 pm

The family basically changed their name to 'Winning' by deed poll, fantastic. I love being part of a species that buys into things like this.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:16 pm

mharr wrote:The family basically changed their name to 'Winning' by deed poll, fantastic. I love being part of a species that buys into things like this.

I don't actually have a problem with people deciding they want to have a silly name. It's more that this particular family is dominated by a vicious pathology which the name change is just a small part of.

mharr

Postby mharr » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:32 pm

Yeah, what really bugs me is that such a simple, blunt-force-trauma piece of social spellcasting bloody works on so many people. Our save vs. bullshit is just abysmal.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:41 pm

I think that has more to do with interactions being moderated by mediums (many designed or used to deliberately obfuscate) rather than in continuous or semi-continuous first-hand (or at most, second-hand) personal contact, which is what we were designed for.

Trump has generally been scorned by most people who've met him IRL, even the ones who are taking advantage of what he does. You may recall how much of an outsider he is in New York society, having been almost totally excluded compared to similarly wealthy New Yorkers.

Even if a wholehearted supporter does meet him IRL, it's usually brief and it's well after the spell has already been cast or the buy-in has been made, so the interaction is framed by preconceived notions rather than any fresh personal evaluation, much less a long relationship as part of the same community.