Oh shit, what are we gonna do now?

Blossom

Re: Oh shit, what are we gonna do now?

Postby Blossom » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:35 pm

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:34 am

“He’s like Heath Ledger’s Joker—but without the operational excellence.” was the grim after-action assessment of Trump, by a senior G7 official who chose to remain anonymous.

Friday

Postby Friday » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:47 pm

Americans deserve a better class of President, and I'm gonna give it to them

it's not about the money... it's... hahaha who am I kidding it's about the money
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Manafort does not get to pass GO or collect $200, 'cause he's on his way to jaiiiiiiilllll!

Grath

Postby Grath » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:52 pm

Part of suing the Trump Foundation is reporting their misconduct to the IRS, opening Trump up to tax evasion charges.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:47 pm

Pffffhah. Just like a day after I yelled at him on Twitter about it, President Shitpost says he's going to stop family separation via executive order.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

François

Postby François » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:54 pm

It is unfortunate that Congress’s failure to act and court orders have put the Administration in the position of separating alien families to effectively enforce the law.

Oh, that mean Congress. Oh, that mean mean mean mean Congress. Look at that mean Congress, deciding to separate families out of the blue! Whap that mean Congress on the nose why doncha mister president?

Whap it!

Whap. Whap.

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:13 pm

AM I A REPRESSIVE TYRANT WHO BELIEVES MEXICANS ARE SUBHUMAN RAPIST TRASH?

NO, THE DEMOCRATS ARE TO BLAME
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:15 pm

I'm sorry, that implies that Trump, like Seymour being out of touch, truly believes that the Democrats are to blame and isn't just gaslighting the fuck out of America on purpose.
ImageImageImage

Büge

Postby Büge » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:49 pm

Yoji wrote:Pffffhah. Just like a day after I yelled at him on Twitter about it, President Shitpost says he's going to stop family separation via executive order.

Translation: the whole family goes to jail together.

Also, this twitter thread explains why things are going to get much worse:

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:39 pm

François wrote:Whap. Whap.

I can't tell if this is a deliberate riff on Lewandowski's despicable "Womp womp" comment, or just a moment of serene serendipity.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Also, Cohen just blasted Trump's separation policy in his resignation from the RNC

Whether you believe his motives are scuzzy or not, seems like Cohen turning on Trump would be quite a Big Deal.

François

Postby François » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:48 am

Mongrel wrote:
François wrote:Whap. Whap.

I can't tell if this is a deliberate riff on Lewandowski's despicable "Womp womp" comment, or just a moment of serene serendipity.

Nah, it didn't even come to mind. Is just the notion of a fully illusory and theatrical blame-and-punishment game going on.

Mongrel wrote:Also, Cohen just blasted Trump's separation policy in his resignation from the RNC

Whether you believe his motives are scuzzy or not, seems like Cohen turning on Trump would be quite a Big Deal.

Cohen's a turd, sure, but "are you okay with toddler gulags y/n" is a not a tremendously difficult moral bar to clear. (Or at least, one would think so.)

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:21 am

Büge wrote:
Yoji wrote:Pffffhah. Just like a day after I yelled at him on Twitter about it, President Shitpost says he's going to stop family separation via executive order.

Translation: the whole family goes to jail together.

Also, this twitter thread explains why things are going to get much worse:

I guess the one or two comforts I can take from this are:

1) People are actively reminding each other that This Is Not Normal. I was reading something about A Handmade's Tale that touched on something like that. Previous autocratic/extremist takeovers have often been more incremental. You didn't go from the US to Gilead in one giant leap; first they took women's money, then they forbade women in the workplace, and on and on in little steps that people just sort of accepted. Salami tactics, as they called it in Yes, Prime Minister and others. Remembering that these are very abnormal times is a really important step in opposing Cheeto Benito, and hardly a week goes by where he doesn't give us any new reminders.

2) If marshaling the National Guard is one of the first steps over the Rubicon, I hear it isn't going that well. I heard in a couple spots that a number of the NG troops deployed to the border as additional patrols have mostly been involved in busy work; cleaning up trash and the like. On top of that, I think Maddow said something about how some governors are even talking about disengaging their NG from border-related activities. I'm not 100% sure on all that, though. [citation needed]

I mean, it's all scary as fuck, of course. There's no denying that, unless you actually work for America's Wealthiest Hemorrhoid. But I feel I've gotta hold onto any good I can find, if only for my own mental health.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:21 am

François wrote:Cohen's a turd, sure, but "are you okay with toddler gulags y/n" is a not a tremendously difficult moral bar to clear. (Or at least, one would think so.)

Well, yeah.

I'd like to HOPE that at least some of the obviously-corrupt and greedy among those in power can pause and say to themselves something like "Look, I just signed up to rob thousands of people, not to steal and sell children like some kind of villain in a Brothers' Grimm folktale."

I know that often "ordinary" criminals often have some self-imposed moral code so they can rationalize their actions and still follow some sort of structure (whether or not they end of following it...). But with the sort of criminals that government attracts, you never know? You know?

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Mongrel wrote:Also, Cohen just blasted Trump's separation policy in his resignation from the RNC

Pfeh.

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:05 pm

BACK IN MY DAY THE GOP WAS A PARTY WITH NO INTEGRITY AT ALL WHO USED FEAR AND HATRED TO SCARE IDIOTS INTO VOTING FOR THEM
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:23 am

what fresh hell

François

Postby François » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:02 am

Either it's what she really thinks, or she's trying to flip the bird at her husband. Or both?

Watch out next week as she wears a new jacket that says "let them eat cake", with a spokesperson later going "cake is delicious, I don't understand why all the libtards have a problem here".

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:20 am

NEVERALWAYS BE GAME OVER