Oh shit, what are we gonna do now?

Mongrel

Re: Oh shit, what are we gonna do now?

Postby Mongrel » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:01 pm

"You'll never meet another man who has a dick in the front and a dick in the back"

oh lordy bagordy

Thad

Postby Thad » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:06 am

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:21 pm

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:36 pm

It's like the sketch where Tim Meadows asks Tracy Morgan how many other black baseball players have broken the color barrier since Jackie Robinson.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:17 pm

Grath

Postby Grath » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:45 pm

Mongrel wrote:Don Jr's OJ shitpost

I mean, it is a common theme of two guilty criminals being acquitted. Trump just had the privilege of confessing to the crime - and committing worse ones - through the middle of the trial and still getting away with it.

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:39 pm

So COVID 19 is a problem, and it's not clear how big a problem it's going to be, but it's sure looking like it'll get worse before it gets better.

On the US side of things, Trump appears more concerned about its effect on the stock market (which has been bad these past two days) and his chances of reelection than on actually trying to do anything to prepare for it. The DHS, like most executive departments, is currently headed by an incompetent acting director who was chosen based on his history of persecuting immigrants and kissing Trump's ass rather than on fitness for the job.

So that's fun.

Bal

Postby Bal » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:27 am

I can't wait for Bernie to win the election only for the inauguration to look like the end of Mars Attacks.

KingRoyal

Postby KingRoyal » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:29 pm

Thad wrote:So COVID 19 is a problem, and it's not clear how big a problem it's going to be, but it's sure looking like it'll get worse before it gets better.

On the US side of things, Trump appears more concerned about its effect on the stock market (which has been bad these past two days) and his chances of reelection than on actually trying to do anything to prepare for it. The DHS, like most executive departments, is currently headed by an incompetent acting director who was chosen based on his history of persecuting immigrants and kissing Trump's ass rather than on fitness for the job.

So that's fun.

What I read is that, yeah, COVID-19 is going to be a problem, but the average death rate is at 2%. The most likely scenario is that it'll have a pandemic, then embed itself in to the cold & flu season, such that we get a cold, flu & COVID-19 season. We would have been further along with a vaccine at this point except all interest in coronaviruses went off a cliff once the panic around SARS and MERS died off.

Brentai
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brentai » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:56 pm

At first I figured it was anti-Asian racism, but now I think the fears over COVID-19 being some bubonic plague type of global event are mostly driven by wishful thinking.

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:36 pm

KingRoyal wrote:
Thad wrote:So COVID 19 is a problem, and it's not clear how big a problem it's going to be, but it's sure looking like it'll get worse before it gets better.

So that's fun.

What I read is that, yeah, COVID-19 is going to be a problem, but the average death rate is at 2%. The most likely scenario is that it'll have a pandemic, then embed itself in to the cold & flu season, such that we get a cold, flu & COVID-19 season. We would have been further along with a vaccine at this point except all interest in coronaviruses went off a cliff once the panic around SARS and MERS died off.

Yeah, the reason the stock market is worried is productivity. It's not that people are going to be dying in the streets (though let's be clear, a flu pandemic is no joke; a 2% fatality rate can still mean a whole lot of people, mostly elderly or immunocompromised), it's that businesses are closing, supply lines are being disrupted, and there's a lot of potential for the situation to get worse.

Brentai wrote:At first I figured it was anti-Asian racism, but now I think the fears over COVID-19 being some bubonic plague type of global event are mostly driven by wishful thinking.

Racism absolutely plays a part in these periodic panics we see about diseases coming out of Asia and Africa.

Anyway, the president is going to give a speech, which I'm sure will reassure everyone.

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:23 am

Italy is now coronized, let's see if anyone boycotts Italian restaurants.

Anyway Trump is simultaneously claiming the coronavirus is a hoax and that he has the best people working on it, which suggests some critical uncertainty about what "hoax" means.

Thad

Postby Thad » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:34 am

"I know words. I have the best words."

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:20 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 am

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:23 pm

Thad

Postby Thad » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:26 pm

It's been slightly surreal seeing "said the quiet part loud" become a common turn of phrase used in places like the motherfucking Washington Post.

But boy, Trump sure said the quiet part loud when he said that if we had vote by mail everywhere, Republicans would never win another election.

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:44 am

Top headline I'm seeing on Google News right now is "Trump, facing sinking polls on pandemic, targets legal immigrants."

That's a Fox News headline.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue May 05, 2020 8:02 pm

You know, while reading an article today, I realized that there's never going to be a time in my life, no matter how long I live, where the phrase "President Donald Trump" isn't going to give me pause while my brain goes "What?!" forcing me to expend actual mental effort to remind myself that no, I do not in fact live in a bad 90's cartoon parody.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed May 27, 2020 2:51 pm

Barr's DOJ just dropped the insider trading investigations against Loeffler et al.