Gamerbois Gone Wild(ly Racist)

Mongrel

Re: Gamerbois Gone Wild(ly Racist)

Postby Mongrel » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:17 pm

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:41 pm

Jesus, no examples from Twitter, but Zen/PinballFX3 getting the Williams/Bally licence has turned a bunch of pinball fans into Nazis. https://steamcommunity.com/app/442120/d ... 663998942/ contains a ton of examples of people screaming about how the LITERAL WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN is a pinball table having some censorship that the average person would never even notice.

Shit like:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/442120/d ... 0273712049
Same here, so sick of SJW's, lawyers & suits deciding what's good for me. I own the tables in PA, if Zen wants my money for them again, then any censorship that cannot be disabled (by an age disclaimer check) guaranties a no buy. Take what you would have made from me out of some lawyers fee. I hope all of these SJW's choke on their own bile.

I just don't get it. How can something as simple as censoring some artwork cause this sort of anger? How is it that the anger is always immediately directed towards "sjws"?

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:00 am

I mean, okay, those art edits do seem dumb and prudish. Unless maybe they wanted to market the game to a younger audience? I mean I'm generally not in favour of censoring artwork to placate social mores, even so.

But that response... uh... might be a *little* disproportionate.

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:13 am

Mongrel wrote:I mean, okay, those art edits do seem dumb and prudish. Unless maybe they wanted to market the game to a younger audience? I mean I'm generally not in favour of censoring artwork to placate social mores, even so.

Not to overly defend it, but Zen is feeling a bit cautious of the ESRB after getting one of their games pulled from sale because of the ESRB changing their rating after the fact: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch ... le_anyone/

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:52 am

hngkong wrote:
Mongrel wrote:I mean, okay, those art edits do seem dumb and prudish. Unless maybe they wanted to market the game to a younger audience? I mean I'm generally not in favour of censoring artwork to placate social mores, even so.

Not to overly defend it, but Zen is feeling a bit cautious of the ESRB after getting one of their games pulled from sale because of the ESRB changing their rating after the fact: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch ... le_anyone/

Yeah, that makes sense. And if you're putting out your games on a Nintendo console, you're kind of definitionally angling towards a younger market.

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:10 am

Mongrel wrote:Yeah, that makes sense. And if you're putting out your games on a Nintendo console, you're kind of definitionally angling towards a younger market.

Yeah Nintendo is really keeping the switch kid friendly nowadays.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:00 am

Nintendo having adult, or at least "Not kid-centred" games is nothing new, but the only reason anyone even brings up as noteworthy the kind of stuff you linked is because of Nintendo's longstanding reputation (deserved or not), which generally they market on (at least in North America & the EU).