Gamerbois Gone Wild(ly Racist)

hngkong

Gamerbois Gone Wild(ly Racist)

Postby hngkong » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:07 pm

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Re: Hot Tweets Cool Treats

Postby Joxam » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:05 pm

I can't believe people are shocked that Jontron is racist. Dude had a mainstay 'joke' on GG wherein he just yelled nigger over and over so Barry would have to bleep it out while Arin sat there uncomfortably laughing and trying to get him to stop. Like pretty sure one best of collection is just 10 minutes of that.

I never saw GG until he was already off the show so going back to watch pre-Danny GG was a shock. I just watched some best ofs and man it was a completely different vibe. Danny is so much more chill and inclusive than they used to be.

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:44 am

Joxam wrote:I can't believe people are shocked that Jontron is racist.

I have to admit something

until like a week ago? I literally did not know a thing about jontron besides that he was husky and he said things about videogames on youtube

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:58 am

Well I mean, I guess I should have been more specific. I'm talking about the 'I cant believe Jontron would betray us like this' shocked fan reaction.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:56 am

I guess the thing is that he always seemed so terrified of insulting anyone or under-thinking a thing or being unfair, back in the GG days. Now he's found his confidence and it. Is. Breathtakingly dumb.

Büge

Postby Büge » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:14 am

Joxam wrote:I can't believe people are shocked that Jontron is racist. Dude had a mainstay 'joke' on GG

It took me a minute to realize GG meant "Game Grumps" in this context. At first I thought you were referring to the other GG, which Jontron supported wholeheartedly.

Mothra wrote:I guess the thing is that he always seemed so terrified of insulting anyone or under-thinking a thing or being unfair, back in the GG days. Now he's found his confidence and it. Is. Breathtakingly dumb.

Which the other GG was a factor in, I'm sure.

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:26 am

Pretty sure I've said this before, but yeah, there is a downside to the inclusiveness of the internet.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:49 pm

Büge wrote:
Joxam wrote:I can't believe people are shocked that Jontron is racist. Dude had a mainstay 'joke' on GG

It took me a minute to realize GG meant "Game Grumps" in this context. At first I thought you were referring to the other GG, which Jontron supported wholeheartedly.

Mothra wrote:I guess the thing is that he always seemed so terrified of insulting anyone or under-thinking a thing or being unfair, back in the GG days. Now he's found his confidence and it. Is. Breathtakingly dumb.

Which the other GG was a factor in, I'm sure.

In fairness I dont think Arin was a very good voice of reason back then either. He was just too young and stupid, even he admits that. But then Dan joined and caught a lot of shit for it and then Arin got married and his wife joined the picture and opened his eyes to the just constant slog of shit women put up with on the internet and he, well he basically grew up.

When your Jewish best friend and then your wife expose you to the kind of constant trolling, anti-semitism and sexism that is rampant in the gaming community I think almost anyone gets changed by that.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: Gamerbois Gone Wild(ly Racist)

Postby Mothra » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:52 am

Splitting this into its own thread for talkin' about GGaters taking that next magical leap into white nationalism, since I feel like that's going to be a thing we're going to see a lot in this The Year Of Our Lord Trump 2017.

Here's a list of what Jon said during the Destiny chat. Most of it, as you'd expect, is arguing for the idea that non-whites pollute and dilute white purity.

Gotta say it's still taking me some time to process this. He went from casually pro-GG to full-on, no-exaggeration, no-hyperbole white nationalism in the span of two years.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:15 am

Well, it's cool now.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Having never been a Game Grumps watcher, I had no idea that JonTron was also half-Persian. I didn't even know his real name until this morning.

:(

Ew.

Ew. Ew. Ew.

Get fucked, buddy.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:04 pm

What really gets my goat is by all the measures he himself seems to expouse, HE'S NOT EVEN WHITE. Like I realize this shit has been happening so long that since the late mid 1800s we've had slang for it but god damn it it pisses me off.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:21 pm

A friend of mine is legitimately upset because he's like "I have young kids... do I have to worry now that in watching seemingly harmless YouTube videos about video games they might be fed racist propaganda?"

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:35 pm

I... honestly... probably. With pewdiepie and Jon getting down with this shit in the last couple of months thats like, two of the biggest brands in the business and if they don't fucking care some asshole making minecraft vids for 500 viewers isnt going to.

Z%rø

Postby Z%rø » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:37 pm

Mongrel wrote:A friend of mine is legitimately upset because he's like "I have young kids... do I have to worry now that in watching seemingly harmless YouTube videos about video games they might be fed racist propaganda?"

Yeah, well, he has to, because nobody else is going to.

YouTube is too cowardly to bring the hammer down on the offenders that have done awful things on their platform - like that horrible piece of shit PewDiePie - because it might affect their bottom line.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:39 pm

Seriously, read the comments by Cheesel for some insight on the whole 'kids watching youtube unsupervised' thing.

Z%rø

Postby Z%rø » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:13 pm

Alright, so we're just fucked for the next hundred years then.

Just throwing your ipad at a kid and having them entertain themselves with Minecraft and gaming videos seems to be the way to go these days. I say that not to judge, but as a statement of fact. (Source: Bosses' kids, Brother's kids, Sister's roomate's kids)

And if these sort of things are just being included in the Minecraft videos that are consumed by most of them - hell, even if it's not the majority, it's probably in enough videos that it will be consumed eventually - what are we supposed to do?

Parental Oversight and intervention? Hard to do when both parents work and/or there's more than one kid. Or they're simply not knowledgeable/technical enough.
Government intervention? Free Speech laws.
Corporate Intervention? Hahahaha.
Banding together to boycott? HAHAHA!

There's so many people that will say things like "We just need this older generation to die so we can start fixing things!" Yea. Expect legal weed and maybe some LGBT rights if we're lucky, but antisemitism and hatred of minorities is probably going to hang around for a long time.

Remember to like and subscribe

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:57 pm

luckily, it'll take five years for William to get to youtube selecting age and by then this will all be replaced by something even worse

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:13 pm

I was talking about this in #ff but I think it's worth repeating here:

A lot of people are defending PewCockShithead for his Nazi shit by saying his "dress up as Hitler and kill Jews" was taken out of context and in context they're jokes, dumb jokes yes, but jokes.

k.

No, I mean, you sort of have a point there, I guess.

Here's the thing, though.

I realized this when listening to a guy that I used to watch a lot of videos of. He'd make the odd joke about having trouble with his date or women in general, just the standard "get back in the kitchen" type of joke which even I occasionally make to my friends.

I was watching him actually stream for the first time, and he started in on the "lol women are shit" jokes, and... just didn't stop.

It wasn't constant, really, but every 3-5 minute's he'd just bash women. Always in a jokey way.

I'm telling you this because it made me realize something: That what you habitually joke about, what you're comfortable with, well. It is/becomes who you really are.

All those people saying PewScreamIntoMicAnd14MillionRetardsLoveYou is just joking, well, sure.

You're right. He is just joking. But you don't repeatedly joke about something ad nauseam for no reason. No, really. Throwing out the occasional bash against WHOEVER doesn't mean you're prejudiced against that group. It might make you insensitive or an asshole, sure. But just because I've repeated the rape joke from Full Metal Jacket to my friends who haven't seen the movie doesn't make me a black-hating racist who thinks all blacks are rapists.

But now imagine I was constantly making that joke, and others like it, to my friends, or viewers on my stream, all the time, but then said I was just joking and I wasn't really a racist.

I realize some of the replies here might be BUT JONTRON WASN'T JOKING HE SAID BLAH BLAH and yeah, you're right. I'm not talking about Jontron, I'm talking about PewFuckHeadPi and the millions of other shitheads like him who won't come out and just announce they're racist fucks like Jontron did. They hide behind the "just joking" excuse when they're not screaming about Free Speech and thought police.

tl;dr: If you -constantly- joke about something, why are you making those jokes unless you're actually of the belief that they're true?
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:19 pm

Like, for example, I truly believe that Mongrel does not post enough.
ImageImageImage