Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 11231
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby Mongrel » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:47 pm

Büge wrote:I guess it depends on if he was documenting his own or everyone else's.

I remember the news story - they were his own.

>toot<
Image

User avatar
mharr
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:54 am
Location: UK

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby mharr » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:36 pm

And he was a night shift security guard, so literally nothing he did at work mattered anyway.

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 11231
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby Mongrel » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:43 pm

Oh yeah! They were calling him "Paul Flart" online and the name stuck. Apparently he's a modern-day Le Pétomane now.
Image

User avatar
Lottel
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:07 pm

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby Lottel » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:44 pm

He, no joke, is trying to turn it into a career including tours and a book.
Image

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 11231
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby Mongrel » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:28 pm

I dunno if you guys have seen this going around...

Image

Image

User avatar
beatbandito
Posts: 2073
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:04 am

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby beatbandito » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:37 pm

That story has shown up for me a few times, and despite not being a big Beatles fan I heard a lot of interviews from McCartney from the same 'press tour' I guess as the one where that story came out and the rest were all like "this is how much John and I love our sons and how much I'm inspired by both", "I hate when people say the Yoko broke up the band, because though she did shift John's focus it was real love, not anything malicious like people think", "one time we masturbated in a room together".

Also of all the obvious signs in that tweet, it's clearly a fake because Liam can't even say Noel's name without spitting blood and booze.
Image

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 11231
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby Mongrel » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:47 pm

I've seen it in several places over several days and figured that if it was fake (it's not actually much weirder than some of the other stories from that era...) comments to that effect would be showing up by now.

Not saying you're wrong. It could just be a particularly strong case of "I want to believe".
Image

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 11231
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby Mongrel » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:17 pm


For guys (you would assume) had been trained by Russian intelligence services, they sure are complete and utter dogshit at basic lying 101.

EDIT: Unless this is some 4D chess stuff where we're continuing the theme of "Russia wants everyone to know they did this, while strenuously denying they did it". I dunno. Putin's crafty as fuck, but I don't know that I want to give him THAT much credit.
Image

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 11231
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby Mongrel » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:56 pm

Image

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 11231
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby Mongrel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:52 pm

I have no idea which thread this could in... there's got to be a half-dozen candidates.

In the process of using a technicality to dismiss charges against a murderous nazi, judge accidentally makes bioterrorism legal.
Image


User avatar
Yoji
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:12 pm
Location: Megastructure 23-20-6

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby Yoji » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:58 pm

Sand mandalas for some, stealth painting shredders for everyone else?
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 11231
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby Mongrel » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:49 pm

Man run over by lawn mower while trying to kill son with chainsaw

Tennessee Man filling in for Florida Man during the hurricane, I guess.
Image

User avatar
Yoji
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:12 pm
Location: Megastructure 23-20-6

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby Yoji » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:04 pm

I guess Piers Morgan is, as of this posting, losing his shit over Daniel Craig/James Bond wearing a baby carrier? At one point he told Chris Evans that Captain America wouldn't wear a papoose, which to me sounds more like a dare than anything.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

User avatar
Mongrel
Posts: 11231
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Canadumb

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby Mongrel » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Yoji wrote:I guess Piers Morgan is, as of this posting, losing his shit over Daniel Craig/James Bond wearing a baby carrier? At one point he told Chris Evans that Captain America wouldn't wear a papoose, which to me sounds more like a dare than anything.

I could 100% see Captain America wearing a papoose. Piers is off his nut.
Image

User avatar
WingSounds
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:54 pm
Location: The darkest part of the woods.

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby WingSounds » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:22 pm

Dunno if this counts, but it seems like the thread for it.
Anyone else want to eat dry, crumbly garlic bread* and watch an American and a interstellar entity/serial killer/humanoid bovine spongiform duke it out? Well, here we are. It starts roughly two hours hence from when I post this, at 8:00 CT, or 20:00 if you like to yell 'go, go, go' while eating your dry, crumbly garlic bread.

Honestly not 100% sure why I'm doing this to myself, since I'll inevitably pull back thinking that Beto did a fine job, only to find out that... "... 98% of registered votes believed Cruz SLAMMED Beto, BLASTING him and utterly DESTROYING his chances. Of likely or unregistered voters, 2% were decided on either candidate, and 1% were committed to voting..."

But, on the flip side, it keeps me motivated as much as anything does. And all that aside, I do like Texas - really.
Longhorn Cavern is awesome; and without effort, there can be no good... Said a famous dead guy.
Anyway, join me? Or just, add your thoughts after, I'll share some of my garlic bread...

*This can be optional. I also dunno if it's a plus or a minus.

Edit: Also, can we rocket Piers into the sun, yet? I'd also settle for that inactive natural fusion reactor in Gabon. For some reason, I feel like that would hurt him more.

User avatar
mharr
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:54 am
Location: UK

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby mharr » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:07 pm

I've posted this track before, but I just need to zero in on the outro bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkF_XpA5P48&t=2m28s

User avatar
WingSounds
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:54 pm
Location: The darkest part of the woods.

Re: Bogus, batshit, banal, bizarre, or bicubic: Assorted News

Postby WingSounds » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:24 pm

Heh. Perfectly done.
(But I like black pudding. And it has more value than Piers Morgan.)

Unrelated, but that's actually a really good beat. Finally feels like fall, huh?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests