Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: Election 2018

Postby Mongrel » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:07 am

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:24 am

Another instance of the Simpsons meme happening IRL, to Kemp's benefit in Georgia, unsurprisingly.

mharr

Postby mharr » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:55 am

Careful Jeff. Don't want to get your name Santorum'd.

WingSounds

Postby WingSounds » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:05 am

Yoji wrote:And the worst part of the Twitterpit is happy with it all, of course.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I often wonder what these people's mothers would think if they saw them acting like that.

I don't think that's a broken record question to have; some'd be fine, of course, but not as many as they'd have you think. I've been spending the better part of last year trying to reach some really, really red people, and - some of my results are finally paying off. So, I wonder if that's the mixture of disapproval and 'you can do better' I project, or standing in for a distant relative, or what. I wish it were possible to do surveys about more personal things, like 'do you think your parents would be disappointed in you?' or 'do you fear death at your own hands' and get realistic answers.

Far less seriously. I LOVE the term twitterpit.

François wrote:I see people being somewhat surprised at Republicans condemning those responsible, but all it really reveals is that the big pipe bomb lobby hasn't gotten to them yet.

I hear business is booming, but personally? They all seem like duds, to me.

Brentai wrote:There's a vague hope that this situation might possibly put what the fuck they've all done to this nation's mindset into terms they can relate to, buuut I'm not confident.

Mmn.
Keep an eye on potential weakness and disharmony amongst people we can interact with; the moment they're pulled out from one another and their group trance, even for a second, is when it's most possible to change a viewpoint, or introduce the seedling for that change. And all elections are won on margins... In addition to making undemocratic actions harder to pull off, as even illiberal autocracies run off of the contentedness of the populace.

But nothing I say will really top Jeff fArtenberry and that disappoints me.
I had pegged Nebraska's 1st as a district to flip early on, but I can't find why I wrote that, and .538 has it as deeply red.
Maybe I just spiritually knew this day would come... Hmn...

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:12 pm

More bombs found today, this time in transit in the postal system. One each for Eric Holder, Maxine Waters and Jeff Bidet. (Biden? Really buddy?)

Someone else also left a bomb addressed to Robert DeNiro outside a restaurant of his.

Someone's been busy!

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:20 pm

It's almost like it's enough it must be a group.

But I doubt there'd be anything like that working inside America. I mean you would need a group of, presumably, civilians who would have organized themselves in a militaristic sense. They may not be well-regulated, but they would still have to have access to weapons. Enough that they would have to be at least somewhat vocal about the collections. That and an obvious bias to liberal political targets?

We would have heard if a group like that existed.

mharr

Postby mharr » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:05 pm

You must be mistaken. I checked on Reddit and was reliably informed that only a conspiracy theorist nutjob would believe Neo Nazis were using the internet to organise. The internet is good.

WingSounds

Postby WingSounds » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:41 am

Honestly, I'd like to see the sort of morons that talk about their self-perceived superiority go for a week without the internet, let alone human contact. Hmph, and two months or more? Double-hmph. Maybe we should just encourage them to try it, but I don't particularly revel in the idea of encountering neo-nazis out in my wilderness...

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:14 am

Mongrel wrote:Image

hee hee hee hee hee hee

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:05 am

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:31 am

I hate to be that guy because I can't stand the piece of shit but that order is in place to allow the national guard's cyber security team to help if there is any sign of hacker activity not for like soldiers to provide security or any other bullshit.

Its still bullshit by the way even the election commission director was like, "There is no current threat to our election."

Its just not like, armed men at the polls bullshit, Its 'Dem's are trying to use Russia to hack our election just like they did Trump's and then they blamed him for it there is no collusion' bullshit.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:17 pm

Joxam wrote:I hate to be that guy because I can't stand the piece of shit but that order is in place to allow the national guard's cyber security team to help if there is any sign of hacker activity not for like soldiers to provide security or any other bullshit.

Its still bullshit by the way even the election commission director was like, "There is no current threat to our election."

Its just not like, armed men at the polls bullshit, Its 'Dem's are trying to use Russia to hack our election just like they did Trump's and then they blamed him for it there is no collusion' bullshit.

Yeah, I got that that's not like "oh boy I'm gonna grab a bunch of new soldiers" and institute martial law*. I got it right off Walker's own website because I didn't believe it was true when someone first showed me.

The cybersecurity thing is exactly why I'm posting it. He's giving some rando computer dudes unlimited authority to meddle with the election. Who needs martial law?

*(yet).

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Dinesh D'Souza is bad at math.

Like, real bad.

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:57 am

I'm sure I don't need to tell any eligible voters here to vote today.

We'll have some answers tonight -- like which party will control the House -- but expect to settle in and wait awhile before we know the full election results. There are going to be races that are too close to call, some races will have runoff elections...this could take some time.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:42 pm

Well, I did my part. Here's hoping the rest of the dumbshits in this whole Democracy raid don't stand in the fire.

Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:45 pm

Yoji wrote:Image

*Unless you're a Fascist, in which case you can fuck right off.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:13 pm

mood

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Mongrel wrote:
Yoji wrote:Go Fucking Vote

*Unless you're a Fascist, in which case you can fuck right off.

Sorry, thought that went without saying.

Man, I hope we don't fuck this up. It feels like such a gut check of an election.

And even if we do alright, I'm not sure how happy I can be. I'll be relieved, for sure, but... I guess it'd be the relief you feel after handling some emergency, like putting out a fire. It's good that the danger has been stopped, but it never should've gotten this bad in the first place.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:28 pm

I gotta say, they sure are pulling out all the stops with the voter suppression today.

On the plus side, the last update showed the "Generic" national ballot at fully +8.7% Dem.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:01 pm

It's a like group project at school. I did my part and I know I did it right, but until grades come in idk how bad everyone else fucked up