The Antisocial Network

mharr

Re: The Antisocial Network

Postby mharr » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:00 pm

Eh, no, I really do get it - there's so many shitlords out there, the only safe response is to treat everything said in public as intentional. I stepped on that rake. Problem is it can play into the whole 'passive aggressive snowflakes' narrative, maybe send someone younger and less entrenched further to the right, generating more shitlordery for the future.

This wheel doesn't ratchet in a good direction, but I have no clue what to do about it. Give people more leeway and someone will play stupid games with it, intentionally hurt your regulars and plead innocence.

Bal

Postby Bal » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:38 pm

The left is inherently volatile and prone to infighting. This is probably the greatest challenge we face compared to the right.

Brentai
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brentai » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:39 pm

Obviously so is the right, they just happen to be galvanized toward a common enemy and that common enemy is their own countrymen. The left is too busy getting hung up on little things like murderers and rapists and terrorists and dictators to focus on the real threat, journalists.

Bal

Postby Bal » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:52 pm

No, I mean historically the left is inherently fractious, prone for forming sub-factions within sub-factions (Read: Life of Brian People's Front of Judea sketch). The right, historically, is of course somewhat fractious, but not nearly as much, and ultimately united by their inherent authoritarianism.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:24 pm

The left has a thousand little nuanced opinions mumbling into as many microphones, while the right is screaming "DEATH PANELS" in unison. One side is going somewhere slowly, while the other is going nowhere fast.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:30 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:30 pm

Full NYT article

I'd like to imagine that there's a very special circle in hell for Jews who use both cries of "Anti-Semitism!" as well as actual antisemitism in spurious slander campaigns against their various perceived enemies.